Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

So here's something i'm considering (well, actually, testing right now)... a MCMCR to go with the MCR. Think MCR, with many of the same kitchen, ,options, tweaks and optimisations, but instead based on the CyanogenMod 10.1 4.2 latest code. Probably re-built to the latest code every Friday for something to play with over the weekend.

Good idea?

P

Guest David Bate

So here's something i'm considering (well, actually, testing right now)... a MCMCR to go with the MCR. Think MCR, with many of the same kitchen, ,options, tweaks and optimisations, but instead based on the CyanogenMod 10.1 4.2 latest code. Probably re-built to the latest code every Friday for something to play with over the weekend.

Good idea?

P

That sounds interesting.. The big friday night play.. Lets try it.. :D

Good idea?

P

Very good idea - count me in.

Guest Oldbarzo

Good idea?

P

Hi Paul

Bring it on.

Oldbarzo

Good idea?

P

What are the advantages? Disadvantages? I'm all for it, but it would be helpful to know what you're basing the change to CM 10.1.4.2 on. Speed? Features? Reliability?

Keep up the great work, Paul.

Guest PaulOBrien

The Nexus 7 (WiFi) release of the CyanogenMod based MCMCR is now online here! Nexus 7 3G, Nexus 10 and Galaxy Nexus versions to follow. :)

Note that this doesn't replace the non CM version, the two will co-exist and provide each other with features.

P

Guest illingd

What are the advantages? Disadvantages? I'm all for it, but it would be helpful to know what you're basing the change to CM 10.1.4.2 on. Speed? Features? Reliability?

Yes - I'd like to know that too.

Guest PaulOBrien

A minor update has been uploaded to the kitchen this afternoon. I'm working on the next main update including more features from CM and a few fixes and enhancements.

P

Changelog

18th Jan

• Updated all 3rd party components
  • Added MoDaCo Forums app

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone having charging problems? Mine doesn't seem to be charging at all. Switched itself off overnight despite being plugged in. Only on 15% this morning!

That was my fear. I'll switch chargers tonight with my phone. See how that goes. It does seem fiddly to plug in sometimes

EDIT: Now showing completely dead and just shutting Android down. Very odd. Just trying to get a nadroid off it then I'll be heading to Currys.

Edited by jmagee

Guest comicbookguy

i've had issues with mine not charging as quickly as it should (just maintaining level instead of gaining charge while in use and plugged in)

also with some of the early roms i had issues with the rom not knowing how much charge there was in it and shutting down with loads of charge left

Guest PaulOBrien

New release online in kitchen and prebake! :)

Changelog

30th Jan Jr14

• Updated all components to the latest release
  • Added additional CyanogenMod options to the kitchen
  • Minor fixes and improvements

18th Jan

• CyanogenMod parts updated to 180113 nightly
    • Updated all 3rd party components
    • Added MoDaCo Forums app

Guest Sn0warmy

Just got my Nexus 7 last night and immediately rooted it to flash this ROM with the latest Franco kernel. As usual the performance and stability are fantastic. I'm happy to have the same setup on both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 now. Thanks for the hard work!

The option CyanogenMod (offline) Gallery application without Picasa or Google + sync appears twice in the online kitchen (Google Applications + CyanogenMod Features) and FC's. Any idea why ?

Guest illingd

FYI --

Tried the MCMCR version over the weekend, but found it a bit sluggish. This is purely subjective, and might simply be down to poor internet connectivity, though I don't usually suffer from that.

Now back on the latest here, which is going fine.