Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest harpies

How can i download Jr15? Im with Jr14 right now and all works fine but i have update notification for 4.2.2. What is the best way to upgrade from jr14 to jr15 without to loose my apps?

Paul: there are lots of frustrated users annoyed with volume setting warning after 4.2.1 update. This is a nuisance when using headphone to listen to Google music. Are you planning to write a code to disable the notification or the least an acceptance by user once about the injury and never warn again?

Thanks

Guest comicbookguy

Paul: there are lots of frustrated users annoyed with volume setting warning after 4.2.1 update. This is a nuisance when using headphone to listen to Google music. Are you planning to write a code to disable the notification or the least an acceptance by user once about the injury and never warn again?

Thanks

definite +1 on that, and is there any way to boost volume level yet? on Nexus4 your MCMCR rom does seem very slightly louder than the MCR rom tho.......

Guest PaulOBrien

Thanks

I'll look at removing that!

P

Guest comicbookguy

Would be nice if you remove this also on Nexus 4

It's an option in MCMCR ROMs now

Paul..

I've temporarily moved to ParanoidAndroid nightlys until the TabletUI mod I'm using gets updated to work with 4.2.2, and I'm trying to take your modded keyboard with me, but I can't get it to open when I replace the LatinIME.apk.... Is there anything else I need to copy over, or is it not that simple?

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest comicbookguy

Wah? Right over my head but will Google it later ;)

ok, tried both the methods i could find online:

moving the .apk to system/apps and changing the permissions with file explorer

moving the .apk to system/apps and using "adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/<APK NAME>" and "adb reboot"

cant get either to work.....

when i remove the PA keyboard the MCR one just keeps FCing, but putting the PA one back and using chmod works fine....?????

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Pondlife

The Sound Search widget has to be defrosted after every reboot since Jr15.

Had it crash after updating, looked in titanium backup and the backup was a newer version than the one on device after jr15 update.

Restored the backup and it works fine.

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr16 is now in the kitchen! As always, the prebake will be updated when kitchen users confirm all is well! :)

This is a minor update, larger changes coming in the next release!

P

Changelog

1st Mar

• All latest app updates merged in
  • Minor fixes

Guest wmoore

The Sound Search widget has to be defrosted after every reboot since Jr15.

Not for me. It worked in JR15 and it still works in JR16.

In fact the ROM is flying now since I cleared 5GB worth of 'blobs' in the Clockworkmod folder. Turns out deleting the backup still leaves stuff behind which eventually fills the drive up!

Guest Biohaz55

there has no free subscription, how i can get kitchen? i dont have credit card @_@

Build Jr15 is available without subscription in the 1st post and this will be updated to Jr16 when Paul is satisfied that there are no problems.

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just made a small update to the kitchen - this fixes a FC issue with Play Store services and also adds the Ovivo Mobile APN.

Would anyone be interested in a kitchen option to fix AdBlock again for 4.2.2? This is technically a security hole, but i've had at least one request.

P

Would anyone be interested in a kitchen option to fix AdBlock again for 4.2.2? This is technically a security hole, but i've had at least one request.

P

There are other adblockers. I'm happy to use those.