Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jcracken

I've noticed something curious about Jr15--I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the dpi is set to 213 instead of 216, what stock usually has. Changing the dpi from 213 to anything else causes the OS to automatically go to a really weird state where parts look like low dpi and other parts look like high dpi.

No.

I read somewhere that removing superuser and su, flashing stock kernel and recovery would allow the sky go app to run.

Sorry if this has been asked before haven't had a chance to test as my n7 isn't being delivered till Tuesday

Edited by hsd

Guest SeanC1966

I remember reading of one person saying they got it to work on a custom rom but that was after jumping through a lot of hoops. People have tried what you suggest but it doesn't work. The Sky Go app appears to check a lot more. Nobody seems sure what.

Its a shame as I would love to have Sky Go working.

I remember reading of one person saying they got it to work on a custom rom but that was after jumping through a lot of hoops. People have tried what you suggest but it doesn't work. The Sky Go app appears to check a lot more. Nobody seems sure what.

Its a shame as I would love to have Sky Go working.

I have managed to get sky go working with multi ROM by setting up stock ROM as "internal" and just booting (not flashing) the modified twrp recovery. This allows you set up another rom as your main system and just rebooting to stock when you need to run sky go or other none root apps.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2011403

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just posted a minor update to the kitchen

For the next release I am in the process of porting as many of the mods / tweaks as possible to the Xposed framework. This has a number of benefits - as well as allowing mods to be turned on and off more easily, it will allow future updates to be released far quicker. Watch this space! :)

P

Changelog

22nd Mar

• Updates to bundled apps where appropriate
  • Minor changes - preperation for use of Xposed framework for modifications in next release

Guest OzzieGWK

I have a new ASUS Nexus 7 34Gb 4G tablet. Its a big disappointment that the WiFi hotspot has been disabled. I am running 4.2.2, does you solution work with my tablet. I am a newbie to tablets but an experienced PC user. Thanks

Guest jmagee
I have a new ASUS Nexus 7 34Gb 4G tablet. Its a big disappointment that the WiFi hotspot has been disabled. I am running 4.2.2, does you solution work with my tablet. I am a newbie to tablets but an experienced PC user. Thanks

34GB 4G? Something we don't know about?

Better posting this in the 3G forum however it should work with stock android. It's the carriers that disable the hotspot on devices. I'll try with mine at some point although not sure why you'd need a hotspot on the 3G tablet

Guest PaulOBrien

Another minor update to the kitchen.

If kitchen users can test over the weekend and confirm all is well (back up first of course!), then i'll put the prebake live Monday.

There will be another ROM update next week which will be the first with some MCR features starting to move to an Xposed module, making it easy to toggle MCR features on and off!

P

Guest mark2410

having a weird problem, i cant install any apk's. its not telling me its failing or that it cant, the install button just does not work.

i have install unknown apps allowed so i cant see why on earth its not working. any suggestions?

Guest syddp

having a weird problem, i cant install any apk's. its not telling me its failing or that it cant, the install button just does not work.

i have install unknown apps allowed so i cant see why on earth its not working. any suggestions?

Had to reinstall everything because of unit replacement due to continuing battery problems.

unlock, root and install jr18 went ok. Tested all my apps this weekend without an issue.

Also reinstalled adobe flash player apk after removal without problems.

Guest syddp

Just found one minor issue with Chronus: weather info doesn't come through (no data. click to renew).

Have this on GN as well (clear app cache+data = nogo). On N10, Chronus 1.0 displays weather info fine.

Hi Paul, just wondering if the next big update, to include Xposed, is now delayed due to the release of JDQ39E.

Just a bit impatient is all :P