Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest syddp

Just found one minor issue with Chronus: weather info doesn't come through (no data. click to renew).

Have this on GN as well (clear app cache+data = nogo). On N10, Chronus 1.0 displays weather info fine.

Updated Chronus to latest release (2.2.2a) from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2186734 by replacing LockClock.apk and setting permissions right in /system/app using root explorer.

Weather info works again.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest andygeog

New Hangouts not compatible with my N7, is this because I'm on MCR? It seems odd that Google wouldn't launch it to be compatible with a current Nexus device.

Anyway, more work for the already busy Paul!

:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jdkelley53

After being on custom roms for so long, I know it's impolite to ask. But someone said there was going to be an update?

• 1 month later...
Guest Nicholas Rothgangel

Hi Paul is the development of this ROM dead or will you update to 4.3.

I realise you have a lot of things on the go.

Would like to know also?? Itching to get 4.3 on the N7

Guest OzBoy08

G'day Paul. Now that 4.3 has been released, any idea when you might be releasing your brilliant ROM based on 4.3 ? TWRP messed up my 4.3 OTA update ( :angry: ) so I have finally decided to take the plunge and install a custom ROM. Since I follow you on Twitter, I thought I'll give your ROM a try. But, I'd like to start with 4.3. Thank you for making our Android experience an enjoyable one and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Guest OzBoy08

I think the HTC one is the focus of Paul's attention at the moment.

Understood. I am a HTC One owner too. I suppose what I don't have can't hurt either. I'd rather development for the One than the N7. Thank you for your response.

Guest Nicholas Rothgangel

Can some one tell me how I should update to 4.3 Stock Rom, Currently on 4.2.2 Modaco Jr15 (JDQ39), Kind of new to the android hacking scene?

Guest Oldbarzo
Can some one tell me how I should update to 4.3 Stock Rom, Currently on 4.2.2 Modaco Jr15 (JDQ39), Kind of new to the android hacking scene?

Hi

Go over to XDA and in the Nexus 7 development thread download Wugfresh's Nexus toolkit and use it to revert to stock, then do the ota update. That is what I did.

Stransky

Guest comicbookguy

Hi

Go over to XDA and in the Nexus 7 development thread download Wugfresh's Nexus toolkit and use it to revert to stock, then do the ota update. That is what I did.

Stransky

wuggs toolkit is updated for 4.3 now. back everything up and flash the new factory image with a full wipe, then put all your data back on.....

Guest andygeog

I used wug's toolkit. Unrooted, flashed stock 4.3 and then re-rooted.

System speeded up nicely (and a new Times 30 day trial is always a bonus).

The settings menu is the first thing you notice about having the stock ROM - Paul's mod is far better. I'll be flashing as soon as possible.

Guest rubenGN

Have been a long time paying user, supporting Paul! I also recommended his ROM to allot users. But now I'm on stock. If Paul's not even able to post a short comment on the corresponding posts, regarding the future of his ROM, then that's sad.

Stock is great since 4.2 and I get updates timely without paying...

Guest mentalinsurgent

Have been a long time paying user, supporting Paul! I also recommended his ROM to allot users. But now I'm on stock. If Paul's not even able to post a short comment on the corresponding posts, regarding the future of his ROM, then that's sad.

Stock is great since 4.2 and I get updates timely without paying...

Agreed, it is discouraging that Paul has not bothered to comment at all.

My payments stop today.

I too am going stock!

Best of luck everyone.

Paul,

I've been on your Nexus 7 ROMs since JR04. In fact, your ROM is the only aftermarket ROM I've ever had on my Nexus 7 until recently. If more updates come after you return from holiday and have some time, I'll be thrilled. Regardless, I'd like to offer a heart-felt thank you for your time and dedication to the Android community.

Cheers,

Cam

Quoted from First Post:

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not guaranteeing that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

P

As stated with all Paul's ROM's

Guest illingd
Quoted from First Post:

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not guaranteeing that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

P

As stated with all Paul's ROM's

Hardly necessary to re-post this yet again

Hardly necessary to re-post this yet again

Well some of the posters above me have obviously not read that part of the FP so it is just a heads up for them. Peace.

Guest rubenGN

I've read that part. And I knew that the device want be supported forever!

But is it to much to post a short comment, that it is not supported anymore? Otherwise I'm wasting my money waiting for a new version!

This is not a device used by a minority of users. It's a Nexus!

And as I said, I've been a long time paying supporter. So I don't know why I'm not allowed to post something about this!

Edited by rubenGN