Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest KillerMackem

Trying to download the prebaked Jr6 but the 'regular speed' download is going at 15kB/s for me. Is there a faster link anywhere?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it installed but I don't see Google Wallet anywhere? It's not on my N7.

Edited by KillerMackem

Guest Paden

Hi Steford

No, mines not the same as yours.

In landscape mode I have the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen but it's empty of any buttons, I have to turn to portrait to retrieve them.

I might have to do a full wipe :-(

Do you have a link for Jr5?

Cheers, Paul

Guest StuMcBill
Trying to download the prebaked Jr6 but the 'regular speed' download is going at 15kB/s for me. Is there a faster link anywhere?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it installed but I don't see Google Wallet anywhere? It's not on my N7.

I think you need to defrost it using titanium backup?

Guest Phil Lee

You need to run Titanium Backup, go to the Backup/Restore tab, scroll down to Wallet, select it and select the Defrost option.

Guest heyoh

Does anyone know how to add the ability to turn on screen via volume buttons? I'm interested in this feature on both Nexus 7 and Gnex. I came from AOKP which had the option in AOKP settings app.

Guest Paden

Hi Steford

No, mines not the same as yours.

In landscape mode I have the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen but it's empty of any buttons, I have to turn to portrait to retrieve them.

I might have to do a full wipe :-(

Do you have a link for Jr5?

Cheers, Paul

Full wipe fixed it, navigation buttons now up the side again :-)

Cheers, Paul

Guest achim w.

Does anyone else have the problem when switching from landscape to portrait mode while only showing the launcher that it will take up to one minute until the widgets and shortcuts are loaded again and show on the screen?

The funny thing is that this only happens from landscape to portrait mode. The other way around it works just fine.

Guest KillerMackem

I can't install Real Racing 2 for some reason using this ROM and a few people over at XDA said the same. They also said they were able to download and install it fine on stock.

Guest vagelis
I can't install Real Racing 2 for some reason using this ROM and a few people over at XDA said the same. They also said they were able to download and install it fine on stock.

No problems installing it on this ROM here

Guest mikehayes

I have found it depends on where you set locale to. When first setting up this ROM I chose UK (I am in Singapore) and was able to download and install RR2 - however would always get "Country Gateway" error when trying to download Files.

I tried VPN'ing into UK, clearing Play Store data, fake set local to UK in Play (these previous steps may not be necessary) and it downloaded fine

Guest Tai_Tony

Does anyone else have the problem when switching from landscape to portrait mode while only showing the launcher that it will take up to one minute until the widgets and shortcuts are loaded again and show on the screen?

The funny thing is that this only happens from landscape to portrait mode. The other way around it works just fine.

Yes, me too.

Guest craig0r

This isn't an urgent issue, just something I wish I could change.

When the Nexus 7 talks to me, such as when I use Voice Search to ask "what time is it," for example, it responds with an English accent. No matter what I try, I can't seem to make it have an American (or Canadian, more specifically) accent. All my locales, are set to U.S, but it still speaks with a British accent. I even checked the build.prop, and it seems my locale is set to U.S. there as well.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Guest reudyfam

I have found it depends on where you set locale to. When first setting up this ROM I chose UK (I am in Singapore) and was able to download and install RR2 - however would always get "Country Gateway" error when trying to download Files.

I tried VPN'ing into UK, clearing Play Store data, fake set local to UK in Play (these previous steps may not be necessary) and it downloaded fine

I'm in the UK and I get the Gateway Error as well when it tries to download the files. Strange, as it runs fine on my Galaxy Nexus (Jr4).

Guest mikehayes

I'm in the UK and I get the Gateway Error as well when it tries to download the files. Strange, as it runs fine on my Galaxy Nexus (Jr4).

Did some more testing - finding that ROM has an impact as well. Tried and failed on JR6, AOKP nightlies. Tried CNA 3.1 and it worked.

Downloaded and copied the files from when it worked on CNA 3.1. Have reinstalled JR6, installed the APK from market and side loaded the downloaded data back onto sdcard and it ... works!

Guest reudyfam

Did some more testing - finding that ROM has an impact as well. Tried and failed on JR6, AOKP nightlies. Tried CNA 3.1 and it worked.

Downloaded and copied the files from when it worked on CNA 3.1. Have reinstalled JR6, installed the APK from market and side loaded the downloaded data back onto sdcard and it ... works!

Ahhhh, I've already got the files downloaded onto my GNexus, I'll try and copy them across to the Nexus 7 tonight. Good thinking Batman.

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm back! :)

Yep still missing for me too. Using quick boot app for the moment.

Looking into the missing EPM, and also the issues with landscape missing buttons. If you have seen this, please post whether you are using prebakes on kitchen bakes and with which configuration.

I bought RR2 but haven't installed it yet so i'll give it a go now and report back!

P

Guest stevenz

This isn't an urgent issue, just something I wish I could change.

When the Nexus 7 talks to me, such as when I use Voice Search to ask "what time is it," for example, it responds with an English accent. No matter what I try, I can't seem to make it have an American (or Canadian, more specifically) accent. All my locales, are set to U.S, but it still speaks with a British accent. I even checked the build.prop, and it seems my locale is set to U.S. there as well.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Just in case you haven't already checked:

Settings --> Language & input --> Text-to-speech output --> Google text to speech engine setting --> Language --> United States

Or try installing SVOX Classic or Ivona Voice.

Guest mikehayes

Ahhhh, I've already got the files downloaded onto my GNexus, I'll try and copy them across to the Nexus 7 tonight. Good thinking Batman.

I noticed on my GN the files are 300+MB, however on Grouper its closer to 450MB .. YMMV

Guest reudyfam

I noticed on my GN the files are 300+MB, however on Grouper its closer to 450MB .. YMMV

Copied the files across to the Nexus 7 last night, still no joy.

Guest HugoQueiriga

Question, when I use BBC I player in landscape and choose full screen, the software buttons do not disappear, this also happens in some games like Asphalt 7.

However if I use YouTube app and go fullscreen they disappear, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Guest mikehayes

Copied the files across to the Nexus 7 last night, still no joy.

Try installing CNA for Grouper - then download files - you will notice that the files are more than when downloading for Galaxy Nexus - then try reinstalling on JR6.

Perhaps Paul may have some ideas and a fix for JR7

Guest Bender

Hi Paul - flashed JR6 - none of the apps show up - iplayer / youtube etc assume need titanium backup but becuase of the next problem- also after signing back into google - the play store no longer lets me download anything? Any ideas?