New G300 User - Few Questions...

Guest HuaweiAscend

Guest Hogweed

Remember the drives are not visible after you have booted until you have allowed it (apart from the "CD drive" with the drivers). This is the default behaviour out of the box. It is no surprise they are not available after you boot. The surprise is you can't apparently turn them on. Nothing about the one click root/CWM method (same as manual method - just automated) should be preventing this that I am aware of. Certainly hasn't caused a problem for me. Although I have thought the drives have vanished before when I just have forgotten to allow the connection.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest bladebuddy

As soon as I plug into my p.c I see the cf drive widget I pull down the notification bar and select to copy files/to from p.c and still see cd Widget nothing else and when pressing it says please insert a disk into drive f. When I put my phone into cwm and mount USB storage I see all three files and the contents of my sd card are visable. I have copied tons of files on my blade but I really think something is not working correctly here but as I can use it in cwm then the problem is either with my p.c or the phone didn't try to copy any files before rooting and installing cwm so haven't a clue what's going on.

Guest Hogweed

When you select "Select to copy files..." does the USB connected Android Screen pop up with the "turn on USB storage" button? If not then something is very wrong. If so and clicking "Turn on USB storage" then confirming the following warning, still doesn't make the drives appear then something is also badly broken. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest bladebuddy

Yes then turns orange when you select it but still nothing happens do not understand it myself. I get the egg cup thing come up on my p.c as if its going to do something but nothing happens , I can only think the drivers are not installed properly which is strange as I have rooted e.t.c or something gone Pete tong with my p.c as I can transfer files in cwm its no big deal but thanks for trying to help.

Guest HuaweiAscend

Well, incase anyone is remotely interested, tonight I installed ICS without any issues.

Not bad, but obviously it does have quirks, the boot screen annoyed me and the couple of Chinese apps I removed easily enough.

Deciding I'd rather be back to B888 with my backup I'd made, I followed the downgrade guide and reinstalled B888.

After re-rooting and reinstalling my IMEI backup (weirdly, seems the IMEI backup also contains the splash and boot images, as I didn't reinstall the vendor.app but they appeared after the restore of the IMEI!), I then reloaded CWM and went back to my unrooted B888 backup from before starting.

It's surprising how easy things are, actually.

Guest Beavers

Whaaat? ICS is so much nicer than GB in my opinion. Yeah a sucky bootscreen but how often do you boot your phone haha? Chinese apps can be disabled/deleted anyway. Enjoying ICS far more personally.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

I tried the AtomicMod by Tillaz and did not like it as much as the B888 I have been running. Most issues were down to personal taste (I'm not keen on the blue theme and I struggled to get used to finding some settings) but the deal-breaker was that I didn't find transitions, animations and scrolling as smooth (even using the same launcher).

There's nothing to stop you from trying it and restoring a Nandroid backup if it doesn't float your boat, though.