£99 pay as you go

Guest hecatae

Guest wiggy6230

Hi all, long time since I've posted anything here.

I bought this little bad body at the weekend as a stand in for my damaged Desire S (waiting for replacement parts) I had a look around on the net to see what was available and this lovely £99.99 Pay as you go mobile struck me as darn good deal, I called my local Carphone Warehouse, they had it in stock, so I was straight down town to buy it & it's not disappointed me.

Nice size, clear enough screen, lovely Sense 4 ontop of ICS.

I did have a few problems with apps not loading correctly & closing or just looping, but this seems to have been fixed after I checked for any updates. There was and I updated and all is peachy.

Last night I followed the guide for rooting it and all went well, the longest part was downloading up to date Android SDK.

I unlocked the boot loader in accordance with the instructions on HTCdev and then carried out the root successfully.

Good little phone, just a bit laggy at times, but for £99.99 I'm not complaining.

Hope to see Devs get stuck in and produce a custom recovery.

Hi all, long time since I've posted anything here.

I bought this little bad body at the weekend as a stand in for my damaged Desire S (waiting for replacement parts) I had a look around on the net to see what was available and this lovely £99.99 Pay as you go mobile struck me as darn good deal, I called my local Carphone Warehouse, they had it in stock, so I was straight down town to buy it & it's not disappointed me.

Nice size, clear enough screen, lovely Sense 4 ontop of ICS.

I did have a few problems with apps not loading correctly & closing or just looping, but this seems to have been fixed after I checked for any updates. There was and I updated and all is peachy.

Last night I followed the guide for rooting it and all went well, the longest part was downloading up to date Android SDK.

I unlocked the boot loader in accordance with the instructions on HTCdev and then carried out the root successfully.

Good little phone, just a bit laggy at times, but for £99.99 I'm not complaining.

Hope to see Devs get stuck in and produce a custom recovery.

Hi, my son wants this phone and I spotted the carphone warehouse deal. Can I ask, was the phone locked when you bought it? Did you get it unlocked or are you already with Voda or Virgin? He has a T-Mobile sim at present and I would be looking at getting it unlocked rather than buying the T-mobile paygo which is £50 dearer.

Guest wiggy6230

Hi Thar,

When I phoned Carphone Warehouse, I asked what network the phones were on and the guy said there not locked and they issue what ever pay as you go sim card you want. I can not confirm this as I am on Vodafone.