Improve memory management using ICS

Guest weckl

Guest Rico_89

dalvik.vm.heapsize = **

Add or edit this so final edit to look like this:

• dalvik.vm.heapstartsize = 5m
  • dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit = 24m
  • dalvik.vm.heapsize = 32m

Tried it and things might be a tiny, tiny bit smoother although I can't really tell but at least I found out what the grey button is for in "Root Explorer". :)

Guest Lgdslr

Edit: If I get time I might try to write a guide for installing it on a G300, I have done it on a few devices so am quite familiar with it.

If you did, it would be greatly appreciated.

Do let me know if you decide not to bother, though, and I'll have a crack at muddling my way through it anyway.

Guest Sonny Atwal

looks extremely complicated, will either leave it, or wait for a better tutorial, or wait until someone either adds it into a rom or flashable zip or one click script.

Guest Lgdslr

Here is a already patched services.jar for stock ICS. http://www.multiuplo...o.uk/8HCRQBAD0N

Thanks, only thing is I'm not sure what to do with it as it says:

Step 8. Copy the new services.jar into your /system/framework folder.

............ ODEX ROMS: SKIP this step!

Step 9. a. In terminal type: cd /system/framework, enter, chown 0.0 services.jar, enter, chmod 644 services.jar, enter

................ ODEX ROMS: In terminal do: cd /system/framework, enter, chown 0.0 services.odex, enter, chmod 644 services.odex, enter

............ b. OR... you can just put it into a copy of your rom and flash that!

Step 10. SuperClean & ReStart! (ie. Wipe Dalvik Cache & Reboot)

So do I do the bit for non ODEX or for ODEX ROMS? Or is just copying it into framework enough?

Also, when I run Supercharger, it doesn't give me any options. It just does it's thing and then says it's done. And when it runs it says it's setting all the new values to 0, which doesn't seem right.

Guest ADROW

The script will install services.jar for you if you use the newest version:

UPDATE 2! - Patching services.jar is 100% Automated in V6U9RC9's ICS Service Centre!

Guest ADROW

But it doesn't offer me any sort of service centre thing or any options and it doesn't mention that.

It's option 25 I think, but when I ran the script it did it as part of the process. It asks a series of Y/N questions about changing certain settings, and one of them was whether you want to patch services.jar. I have no idea what half of the options were so I chose yes for most of them. :)

Edited by ADROW

Guest ADROW

Can't explain that one, mine took ages to scroll through and do it's thing and I had a few Y/N choices. At one point there was a list of options and I'm sure 25 was for services.jar but then it went ahead and chose that option anyway.

Guest Lgdslr

Right then, chaps. Here's your guide, which I've managed to muddle through. I really, really don't know why he doesn't clean up his mess of a thread.

1. Download ScriptManager (Free version here, premium ad free here)

2. Download and extract this to the root of your SD card. Also download this and put it there too.

3. Go to scriptmanager and run /sdcard/SuperCharger_Starter_Kit/StartMeUp.sh/ (Run it as root)

4. Still in script manager run the "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC10_Test_9.sh.pdf" (also as root)Say yes to basically everything.

Boom.

Edited by Lgdslr

Guest Lgdslr

Yup. Far less lag.

App drawer pops up instantly, WhatsApp opens in about a second rather than 5.

Much, much better. Worth the effort.