• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Stock kernel minimum cpu speed 640mhz!

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Running a couple of tests I have discovered the stock kernel is set to never let the cpu run slower than 640 mhz.

The knock on effect of this is that the cpu in general use is always running between 700 - 800MHz.

I don't consider this to be energy efficient, and will be producing a custom kernel to fix this.

Posted

Firstly we need a new kernel with higher cpu speed

our cpu work good with 1,5ghz on our sister device

Posted

and when it will be working under a custom kernel l3?

Posted

and when it will be working under a custom kernel l3?

when the kernel source is fixed up as references are missing, if you buy a MoDaCo Ad-Free subscription I'll work quicker :D

Posted

After the kernel will work, and you can thank for this material, do not want to buy a pig in a poke!

Posted

the 2.6.38 source is incomplete, so I've started work on the L5 kernel sources, going to get a 3.0.8 kernel built

Posted

ok self compiled, cwm zip, uploaded here if anyone wants to test http://www.multiupload.co.uk/YZEKZNPPEQ

Posted

It works for me fine.

Posted

and how it differs from the standard kernel?

Posted

Atutu tester according to the results of your kernel in 2180, with a standard 2583. Firmware 10i

Posted

It differs in that I built it myself.

Will look at overclock and stripping unnecessary stuff and adding ext 2 3 4 support

Posted

Yes i have seen that your kernel is slow on boot but works, imoh is a good start.

Posted

drivers/cpufreq/freq_table.c

nothing mentioned in above...

Posted

Well whatever the case with overclocking?

Posted

may i ask what specificic firmware you're using to tell that the minimum frequency is 640MHz?is it the old or the latest or what?as for me having v10b(ph firmware),the benchmarks says it has a minimum frequency of 320MHz only and 800MHz max.hmmm.why you're telling that min. freq is 640MHz?or why don't you just extract karnel builds from other firmware?sorry for my english.i'm new here.

Posted

hi viking_kong, yup I agree quadrant and antutu state 320mhz minimum.

Posted (edited)

maybe its an old firmware you used before.uhm,anyway your building a karnel to enable oc and uc right?or is it possible even on stock?(rooted or unrooted?)

Edited by viking_kong

Posted

progress within a week there? Please lay out the core with the swaps and the dispersal of here!!

Posted

the 2.6.38 source is incomplete, so I've started work on the L5 kernel sources, going to get a 3.0.8 kernel built

3.0.8 ? Stable for daily use ?For CM 9

Posted

the 3.0.8 Kernel ? Possible for cm9 ?

No, it's the 2.x kernel. And apparently wifi doesn't work on that kernel.

I think this version has wifi fixed: http://docviewer.yandex.ru/?url=ya-disk-public%3A%2F%2FW26FsGNLjORfNUK%2Fw70vH2Mr6SHoQB0pTkv4yag3AIw%3D&name=signed_e400stock-v10q-kernel-update.zip&c=524688f1c6ff

3.0.8 is possible, but it takes a good programmer who's willing to spend a lot of time...