[Battery mods] Stcok ICS B926/B927/B934

Guest FrankieADZ

It is nice for me because I do not have to redo them all for B927 I am lazy like that :lol:

U wait...for Jelly beans :ph34r: :lol:

on ICS...Apex Launcher Pro is really good :o

well worth the money imo :)

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest Fabrizioso

Hi,

thank you for your work, it is really a great improvement! I am still wondering why a circular indicator with percentage info is not the default on Android.

Unfortunately I missed to make a backup before flashing the patch. Is there a way to uninstall it again?

I don't know if it is related but I encounter random reboots since I installed it. But as I went to B927 only 24 hours before I am not completely sure if it is just a coincidence, so I would like to uninstall it again and see if the issue is gone.

Any idea for that?

Thanks,

Fabrizio

Guest pelago
I am still wondering why a circular indicator with percentage info is not the default on Android.

I guess because if you don't know what it is, it's not obvious that it's a battery indicator (it could be a RAM utilisation, or CPU utilisation, or wireless strength or anything). People are used to battery indicators looking as they usually do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've got a problem,tried installing it on an official B936 and it keeps saying 'update failed' in cwm... Any tip? Thanks in advance... :)

Bad download or bad zip,re download and make sure the file completely transfers to the SD card

why this doesnt work on b944???

Because these mods where made for B926/B927, after that I cannot say what they will work on.

I do not have this device anymore, so anyone here is welcome to take over, start a new topic and update these mods :)

Edited by Guest

Guest jsevi83

I think battery mods are based on systemui and framework-res from each rom, so it is not advisable too install a battery mod done for B926 in B944, for example. There is an easy solution (posted somewhere here, but I cannot find it now) to build your own battery mod based on the rom you are currently using. I tried it in B940 and B944 and it's working perfectly, so go here and check it out:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1434061

it is not advisable too install a battery mod done for B926 in B944.

You are right, especially when you are installing old battery mods on a custom rom which the dev may have made changes to systemui.apk & frameworkres.apk, as they often do, for theming of their rom and various other things, then going to that dev and saying I have this bug or that bug is very unhelpful to the development of the rom.

So if you want battery mods, go to the kitchen and make one based on the current rom you are running, or someone update these mods as I said before.

It is not difficult to do, all I have done is take systemui/frameworkres and used kitchen to enable 1% battery mod, then use these two apks as a template to add battery pngs of my choice.

Edited by Guest

Guest dan nedan

More will be added soon, enjoy

the first one circle doesnt work under b944.

it says the com.android process has stopped.

i was forced to reinstall b 944 ui.apk and framework apk IOT regain acces to b944

Guest dan nedan

You are right, especially when you are installing old battery mods on a custom rom which the dev may have made changes to systemui.apk & frameworkres.apk, as they often do, for theming of their rom and various other things, then going to that dev and saying I have this bug or that bug is very unhelpful to the development of the rom.

So if you want battery mods, go to the kitchen and make one based on the current rom you are running, or someone update these mods as I said before.

It is not difficult to do, all I have done is take systemui/frameworkres and used kitchen to enable 1% battery mod, then use these two apks as a template to add battery pngs of my choice.

you should write on the first post something about precautions related to 926 and 944

Hmm.... The last one does not work with Infusion B07. It flashes correctly and displays fine, but but when you hold down power button to get the power options overlay, it reboots. Basically that means I can't get into recovery, use silent and turn my phone off.

These mods where not ment to work with infusion B07, tillaz haz made many changes to systemui.apk and frameworkres.apk which are not in these mods.

This is why I have already said above do not use these mods on custom roms which get updated regular and so have many changes.

Edited by Guest