Intel single core vs ARM dual core

Guest i am not a hacker

Guest i am not a hacker

I was wondering if this 1.6GHz single core Intel atom z2460 would be better than, say, a dual core 1.2 GHz processor from something like the gs2.

which is better?

if the dual core is better, how much higher would the cpu have to be on the single core to equal the dual core? vice versa?

please answer if you are knowledgeable about this as I didn't want completely wrong answers.

Also, a dual core 1.2GHz is essentially two 1.2GHz processors right? does that not mean it has 1.5 times the cpu of osd? that means the HTC one x is 6ghz?!

thanks

Edited by i am not a hacker

Guest shootomanUK

I was wondering if this 1.6GHz single core Intel atom z2460 would be better than, say, a dual core 1.2 GHz processor from something like the gs2.

which is better?

if the dual core is better, how much higher would the cpu have to be on the single core to equal the dual core? vice versa?

please answer if you are knowledgeable about this as I didn't want completely wrong answers.

Also, a dual core 1.2GHz is essentially two 1.2GHz processors right? does that not mean it has 1.5 times the cpu of osd? that means the HTC one x is 6ghz?!

thanks

here's an interesting read for you: http://www.pcworld.com/article/257307/dual_core_processors_wasted_on_android_intel_claims.html

Not necessarily, this device scores a lot higher than some dual core devices on antutu & quadrant, although these benchmark tests are not real world, they give a good idea. According to quadrant, the osd is on par with the Asus transformer prime, I don't know how true that is, but it shows just how powerful this single core atom processor is.

Guest shootomanUK

Not necessarily, this device scores a lot higher than some dual core devices on antutu & quadrant, although these benchmark tests are not real world, they give a good idea. According to quadrant, the osd is on par with the Asus transformer prime, I don't know how true that is, but it shows just how powerful this single core atom processor is.

Also them benchmark apps are compiled for ARM cpu's so the score for the osd could be considerably higher with a intel based x86 benchmark app, but really you need one that is precompiled for both intel & arm chipsets to get a valid bench score.