• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to improve Wi-fi range altough doing these decrease battery

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

All credit to Lishuo !

http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-5359080-1-1.html

Google Translation:

RE Manager to enter the system \ wifi directory mounted read-write

To open nvram.txt find pa0maxpwr = 66 (the official default 66) the value changed to any value within 66 to 100, the higher the value, the greater the power to modify completed remember to save. The open nvram_MSM8255_C8860.txt to find pa0maxpwr = 76 (the official default 76) the value changed to any value within 76 to 100, the higher the value, the greater the power to modify completed remember to save.

Improve the value to change the big WIFI coverage to improve the network speed, but power consumption when using WIFI is equally rapid increase

any questions welcome to I the microblogging Feedback: lishuo0427

the way recommended I the ICS ROM: July 13 [lishuo0427] official ICS-B926 〓 personal Ultimate service pack 2.52 〓

Posted · Report post

So obviously lowering the number should conserve power? I was attempting this yesterday with a market app, not sure it worked though

Posted · Report post

be interesting to see if anyone gets this to work

Posted · Report post

Changed mine to 10 and 26 with no slowdowns or ill affects next to the router and I still have full coverage. If coverage drops when upstairs, I will report back.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I cannot get mount/sdcard to work, no such file or directory ? is it named different on g300 ? like sdcard2 ?

edit: got it, no need to add mount in the command so, cd /sdcard

Strange, when I run iwconfig I see no values ?

post-796032-0-16027600-1342388524_thumb.

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

That's what I got jiko. I think the WiFi chip has to support it bit it appears that its already there so I didn't have to add it as I did previously.

As an update, there is no drop in signal with my set values from above. Hard to know if it actually works as my setting is considerably lower than stock and I am 3 stories up with good signal.