[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Is it just me or is the standard camera app now crap, it focuses and just as it takes the photo it seems to jump forward to un focus as it takes picture.

Yeah I thought it was really crap, slow as hell too.

Yeah Think I'll wait as well, IMEI = 0 is just a bit too risky for me.

FYI: I have just managed to install the update via fastboot and it seems to be working fine. I extracted the update.app to get the system.img and boot.img and then flashed them with fastboot.

If you want I can upload the extracted .img files if you want to try the update via fastboot.

post-923750-0-85744500-1342453047_thumb.

Guest HuaweiAscend

the update.app in the u8818 middle package seems to allow downgrading to b882 just testing its installed its if it boots fine.....

This definitely deserves a new thread!

Guest MickJack

Is it just me or is the standard camera app now crap, it focuses and just as it takes the photo it seems to jump forward to un focus as it takes picture.

Must have the camera !!! anybody, please check that the camera still has all functions..........

Guest Rico_89

FYI: I have just managed to install the update via fastboot and it seems to be working fine. I extracted the update.app to get the system.img and boot.img and then flashed them with fastboot.

If you want I can upload the extracted .img files if you want to try the update via fastboot.

post-923750-0-85744500-1342453047_thumb.

Thanks a lot but I bit the bullet and did the downgrade zeroing my IMEI number.. OMG that was insane, I really don't recommend doing it that way.. I thought I bricked my phone a couple of times, once when applying the IMEI that comes in the downgrade zip and then it just went into a reboot cycle so I had to pull the battery and then when I reinstalled my IMEI number and rebooted my phone just crashed.. :o But it all went through in the end and now finally I have UK ICS with the Vendor apps installed phew..

Edited by Rico_89

Guest chico2069

Not wanting to but* in every1's wonderful work done so far but for me (and i throw the same advice to all others out there who, like me, aren't so experienced with this) im gonna wait for an oficial 927 release or Paul's usually wonderful roms :)

Cause this, and i maybe incorrect (if so, plz correct me), but this seems to be a leaked "in development" kind of release and seems to me that its causing more problems then fixing :)

Of course, every's free to do whatever they want :) just my 2 cents :)

Guest cooper505

I am looking to do this update tonight, havent really played with updating ROM's before. I am currently on B885 so is it just a case of copying update.app files to dload folder on sd coard and booting while holding Vol - + and power.

I have seen stuff regarding IMEI backups is this needed?

Just like the 926 rom then :(

Guest onericardo

I have a couple of questions, before upgrading to ICS:

- Is this the official update from Huawei ? It's safe to install ?

- What are the real advantages of ICS ? Gingerbread is running fine on my phone.

- I have B888 from PaulObrien and ClockworkMod Recovery installed... How can I install this firmware ?

- I have my phone unlocked. This can locked the phone, or will the phone stay unlocked forever ?

Thanks!

Edited by onericardo

Guest Rico_89

Living on the edge......you cannot beat it :lol:

LOL it's a what I call "Rom base jumping" B)

Edited by Rico_89

Guest mr_spatel

quick one,

I bought this phone yesterday, has 885.

If I put this ICS update on will it also debrand the phone from voda?

Thanks

Guest chico2069

@mr_spatel

No.... upgrading firmware does nothing about brand locking (also called SIM-lock).

If its locked, stays locked....if its unlocked, stays unlocked.

Guest bladebuddy
quick one,

I bought this phone yesterday, has 885.

If I put this ICS update on will it also debrand the phone from voda?

Thanks

I only bought this phone last week and was about to take it back as the volume was way to low, camera didn't work and my p.c couldn't read my files.

After this upgrade everything is fixed with no vodafone bloat my only problem now is everything I write has a red line under it as if I am miss spelling things. Apart from that well happy with this and recon its probably better then the official release as that's probably going to be full of bloat.

Guest putbinoot

Bah,middle zip don't work for me, guess it's downgrade time(even tho I'm on 926!).

did you remember to empty the dload folder on the phone before you put middle update.app file in to it.

Guest mr_spatel

I only bought this phone last week and was about to take it back as the volume was way to low, camera didn't work and my p.c couldn't read my files.

After this upgrade everything is fixed with no vodafone bloat my only problem now is everything I write has a red line under it as if I am miss spelling things. Apart from that well happy with this and recon its probably better then the official release as that's probably going to be full of bloat.

thanks will update tonight

Guest mr_spatel

@mr_spatel

No.... upgrading firmware does nothing about brand locking (also called SIM-lock).

If its locked, stays locked....if its unlocked, stays unlocked.

thanks will goto ebay and get it unlocked.

Guest rsrocha

What a brain frying thread. Confirmed Kernel is newer than Chinese ICS

And you missed the party yesterday when it was started... man we were so nervous when someone grabbed the balls and test it.