[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest FrankieADZ

According to the first post, when they are extracted they should merge. (Use winrar or 7zip or something). Then you will not have duplicates.

they've done it now :)

Im all ICS up'd :D

I was reading this last night rsrocha, too late for me to go flashing tons though.

even I flashed B926 :o miracle :lol:

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest luismiyu

Yeah, I'm all up for doing this, but I really want the 'vendor' part of the update as well, since it has the notifiction toggles etc.

I think you could install via Hpez CWM method and then flash vendor/update.app in settings/storage :)

Guest FrankieADZ

I'm on 926 already so its not a priority for me esp not at midnight.

i dont blame ya mate, another good thing to come from it is the middle file makes it alot easier to downgrade too :)

Guest rosco-85

rosco, just flash the vendor bit as normal so long as the Cust file is on your phone after upgrading.

Cool, so that will definitely work? I'm downloading the Fastboot method just now...

Edited by rosco-85

Guest Davidoff59

It should work yes. You could install power controls app either for pull down toggles.

Thanks to jiko for recommending it.

Guest rosco-85

It should work yes. You could install power controls app either for pull down toggles.

Thanks to jiko for recommending it.

Thanks! I'll give it go.

Guest HuaweiAscend

A lot of my apps I used from Google Play aren't available on this build, despite them working on other ICS handsets.

Looks like a downgrade for me :(

Guest Synchro1980

Hi,

I'm a new user (as you can see from the numbers of my post: ) and i made the update to b927.

I made first step ...(all ok,,,not using middle package), and then deleting dload and renameing vendor. I started the second procedure...and my phone is stuck on "file backup succes"...

I wonder how much time must wait.....its been 5 minutes ...and counting...

Thank you for your answers

Guest HuaweiAscend

Hi,

I'm a new user (as you can see from the numbers of my post: ) and i made the update to b927.

I made first step ...(all ok,,,not using middle package), and then deleting dload and renameing vendor. I started the second procedure...and my phone is stuck on "file backup succes"...

I wonder how much time must wait.....its been 5 minutes ...and counting...

Thank you for your answers

That happened to me, pull the battery and reboot.

Guest bladebuddy
A lot of my apps I used from Google Play aren't available on this build, despite them working on other ICS handsets.

Looks like a downgrade for me :(

That's strange as it's the opposite for me. Had a little trouble getting the play store to allow me to download apps like titanium, some 9-- something error which when I googled said something about license for paid apps, but after clearing cash and data under settings/ applications /all is now well. Don't no if this helps but hopefully might help others.

Guest rsrocha

Battery status report:

The phone charged all night and unplugged at 9am. Did the update at 10am and installed apps, browsed the web, played with the phone all day, with data wireless and gps on, and it still has 22% battery.

This is excellent!

Guest HuaweiAscend

That's strange as it's the opposite for me. Had a little trouble getting the play store to allow me to download apps like titanium, some 9-- something error which when I googled said something about license for paid apps, but after clearing cash and data under settings/ applications /all is now well. Don't no if this helps but hopefully might help others.

Can you download the Natwest and Barclays mobile banking apps?

anyone tried a different play store apk?

Yes I always change play store as my lcd density is always 208(the lowest you can go on ics without messing up the circle on notification pulldown)

I use lcd density modder pro which downloads a hacked market apk which replicates 240dpi. I have no app incompatibility problems.

I believe it automatically updates anyway, so can't see that working?

No it works, although the market reviews lately suggest it does not work anymore, but works fine for me.

At 208dpi I would have issues with apps, but I have been using this app for some time on gingerbread and now on ICS and there are no market problems.

Edited by Guest

Guest Hogweed

Could the default density have changed in B927. It is 240 in GB. Could someone with root check what are the values in B926 and B927? Does changing to 240 make a difference if not already 240?

Edited by Hogweed