G300 constant huawei cycle - bricked

Guest mike.mango

Guest mike.mango

I was just in the final stages of the upgrade to the officail ICS and my phone decided to started the following cycle , i turn the phone on and after 2 seconds it has the huawei splash log which lasts about 1 second and then it turns off for 1 second and then repeats continually.

I have tried to remove the battery , the sim the sd card , power with vol , power with volume down but nothing seems to stop it.

Do i now have a genuine brick for a phone - any help really appreciated !!!

mike

Guest Hogweed

Edit: Sorry you've tried the volume options. Just one thing Are you holding the volume key long enough? That's got me before. Have you tried it with both up and down held along with power?

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Davidoff59

Hold both up and down volume buttons together.

A battery pull and 10 second wait before doing it to reset the phone if it doesn't work on first attempt.

So long as you still have update. app in dload folder on SD card, it should work

Guest mike.mango

sadly no way to get anything from it - even when connected to the pc , is there no master reset button !!!!

anyone had anything similar

cheers

Guest mike.mango

it even does this when there is no battery and then i plug it in via usb , on huawei log for 1 second then off , then log then off , cannot work this out

Guest Davidoff59

Confirm that power on and volume up,

Power on and. volume down

Power on with volume + and -

None of these work?

If none of these work then I think its game over

Guest animal666

Ive got the same problem, But if i press Volume up/down and power on, it will load update.app SD but fails around 30% is this dead?

Was trying to load B927 ICS, think its game over? if i had an image that would fully load,

Even tried to load the 'Middle UPDATE.APP (1Kb) from B927, but that stops loading at around 70%.

Any idea's can post the log file off the SD if that helps!

Sorry if that makes no sense, im a newbie-ish..

Thanks in advance....

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Ive got the same problem, But if i press Volume up/down and power on, it will load update.app SD but fails around 30% is this dead?

Was trying to load B927 ICS, think its game over? if i had an image that would fully load,

Even tried to load the 'Middle UPDATE.APP (1Kb) from B927, but that stops loading at around 70%.

Any idea's can post the log file off the SD if that helps!

Sorry if that makes no sense, im a newbie-ish..

Thanks in advance....

u8815 middle update . zip should be 777K are you sure its not a corrupt download and updata.app shows as 2kb in mine

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest animal666

Yep, its 2K middle file, will try downloading a few other roms see if one doesnt fail to load? otherwise i think its a brick?

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Yep, its 2K middle file, will try downloading a few other roms see if one doesnt fail to load? otherwise i think its a brick?

whats your location?

Guest animal666

Downloaded B926 Rom and loaded to SD

Powered up with Vol up/own Pressed,

Update loaded 100%

phone now working!

gotta get to B927 on there now..

or maybe be the nerve racking downgrade?

if anyone has the same problem maybe this'll help?

Thanks,,,

Guest mike.mango

i think its official = the phone is deceased , i have spoken to tech support from where i bought it and they have confirmed it appears to be manufactures failure , hopefully should be a direct replacement and some very very careful upgrading rooting etc etc , sadly i need to pay for another unlocking code.

result - please be careful out there and follow all those instructions to the letter. good luck

Guest Gary_J_Wright

only had failure on unpacking , so hopefully if it says installing it should be ok

you did get text / screen saying unpacking > pink bar > installing text> pink bar