Acer Liquid Gallant Duo landing in August with rock bottom price and above average specs

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nosekefik

I was looking at a french preview of the liquid gallant on the IFA. The guy said in the video that the device should get a jelly bean update in 3 weeks (video was uploaded today) . His words were " they told us it will be updated in 3 week with jelly bean" gessing "they" means acer. This information should be taken carfully because he also said the device should come out october or november and it's already out so ...

Can you put a link to the video please???

Thanks!

I had a zte crescent acer's built quality is much better.

The screen is very good, very responsive, it takes about 5 seconds to find signal, nothing to worry about.

Acer's processor is in a different league compared to crescent's.

The speaker of acer is excellent youtube music sounds great.

baseband version: Acer_AV041_MT6575_E350_1.000.08

kernel version 3.0.13

build number Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR

Edited by dio66

Can you put a link to the video please???

Thanks!

[media=]

Infos about jelly bean start at 40s of the video

EDIT: I have send an email to acer to try to clear that out.

Edited by ayziaa

No I didn't have any experience with a chinese manufacturer. I'm just saying that to warn you to know what to expect. I mean, a HD screen at this price will not be very good except maybe if this compagny does a device like the blade that was very very good for the price. About the screen that they choose to change I had a different oppinion, that they didn't made enought money on the phone at the end so they went with cheaper (lower quality) screen. About the camera, I looked at some video on youtube of a french seller, and he stated that the 8 mpx were in fact 5 mpx rename in china. I can give you the link if you speak french. At the end I'm not saying this is crap and you should not buy this, I'm just saying that at this price you will get a plastiky phone with terrible screen colors, camera and a GPS that takes about 15 min to find a signal (yeah that's another thing on mediatek chips) I think that liquid gallant suffer from this problem too. But if you ends up buying the device anyway, I'll be happy if you can prove me wrong.

Okay, I will take your views/opinions into consideration... I will just have to wait until people ( devs included ) that will get one will entice me to get one as well...

hum... maybe I was wrong. The phone is referenced everywere with an IPS display, so the screen quality is maybe better than I thought.

Guest h@mster81

Lg prada has great specifications but I believe acer's screen is better- higher resolution.

Higher res but Prada has NFC, 8 MP rear cam with touch zoom, 1.3 front cam, 1080 video and dual core and HDMI via MHL.

Edited by h@mster81

• 2 months later...
Guest ozfunghi

Sorry to crash this thread but I would love to get one of these --> http://android-sale.com/jiayu-g3.html if people here are also getting one for developing ICS & eventually JB on it?... Although it's great just as it is... It's not quite released for purchasing but when it does, I will assume it will go like the clappers, especially in China!...

http://tweakers.net/productreview/67560/jiayu-g3-zwart.html

Damn, that looks like a sexy phone, cheap and more powerful than the Acer as well... maybe i ordered (and payed for) the Gallant just a couple of hours too soon :(

Guest ozfunghi

Acer Liquid Gallant Duo antutu benchmark score is: 3809 all default vs 2996 for huawei g300

I get 4309 with default settings for the Acer. Not rooted, stock ROM.

But i'm thinking of returning it because a major dealbreaker for me is the bluetooth not working with the car kit music controls. I'd consider the Jiayu G3 (see above) if i were sure it worked on that phone. That phone uses the same brand chipset though... and it's not clear yet if it's a ICS problem or hardware related.

• 3 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.