ZTE UK 6 days count down, we think we know the answer

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

MoDaCo believe that we have the answer to ZTE's cryptic message from today.

ZTE UK tweeted this message:

The countdown has begun! 6 days left until you can have one of the MOST ADVANCED GAMING SMARTPHONES in your hands!

What could it mean? To us, only one thing - the Grand X is coming.*

The ZTE Grand X features:

• NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core chipset
  • Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
  • 4.3-inch qHD 16m colour (960 x 540 pixels) screen
  • Audio-visual features include a 5 MP camera, a 0.3 MP front-facing camera for video calls, Dolby Sound, HD Video Capture and HD Voice.

The same model was released on the 20th June 2012 in Turkey, along with the mid range Cool and Live models. We will bring you more information as we find it, just remember 6 days to go!

If you would like to join the discussion, MoDaCo has had a Grand X forum set up since the Grand X was announced as the Mimosa X at MWC 2012. We have a couple of developers who have been waiting patiently for this device.

*note that we're not saying we agree with the statement this is one of the 'MOST ADVANCED GAMING SMARTPHONES'... ;)

[Via: ZTE_UK]

gallery_19680_65_14089.jpg

Click here to view the item

Guest WodgeFTW

Gaming to me means something along the lines of the Xperia Play, really don't see anything there that screams "gaming" to me.

Guest fahim.yaqoob

i will be buying this. Yes 512 mb ram is low. and the advanced gaming phone thing should not the slogan. they had professor green introducing the phone, which is cool. i like zte devices generally, just hoping the excellent people on this forum will hack the C*** out of this. Custom roms will be very good on this

Guest fahim.yaqoob

Just seen on engadget that it is the grand x with Tegra 2 and 4.3 inch qhd screen, but its only £190 on payg from virgin. Worse is it's only 512mb of ram still

http://m.engadget.co...zte-grand-x-uk/

The amount of ram depend. The Huawei g300 had around 300 mb usable ram. of which half was free. so i hope, just like the zte blade more we get more then 400 mb ram. And mixed with the tegra2 and ics, i hope this phone is smooth.

Guest everett_psycho

I was hoping for a little better, I'm trying to do a little step forward for not much cash as my LG o2x is driving me mad, it has similar specs to this but the software just isn't right, i'll carry on holding out though for that grail of a handset that might get some updates to make it work

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.