[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

Guest userpulsar

Hi everyone...

I have problems installing Gapps..

tried it several times now, but google apps wont appear...

my workflow:

1. factory reset

2. wipe data

3. wipe cache

4 wipe dalvik

5. install rom

6. install gapps

7 reboot

Where am i doing wrong?

greetings

Devian

Step

3.5 format /system

have fun

the Pulsar

Guest satanovsyn

After step 4

Install Rom after reboot, wait 5min in system. Check if everyting except gapps is working

After reboot to recovery and install gapps.

Reboot and finish.

Edited by satanovsyn

Guest Devian242

hi again :)

hmm.. tried all the provided solutions, but nothing worked... (ok, I got the playstore and voice-search.. but no gmail.. )

system ist large enough.. 200mb for system..

anyone got an idea?

greets

Devian

hi again :)

hmm.. tried all the provided solutions, but nothing worked... (ok, I got the playstore and voice-search.. but no gmail.. )

system ist large enough.. 200mb for system..

anyone got an idea?

greets

Devian

Guest Devian242

i think thes gapps DOES NOT include gmail. You can install it from Play Store. Good luck

I tried but the gmail app is not shown up to download... anyone got a link 4 me? ;)

I tried but the gmail app is not shown up to download... anyone got a link 4 me? ;)

In Play Store go to search icon (top) and write gmail... This must show gmail to download

and in any case: you can configure email app included in ROM to manage gmail account; it is not mandatory doing with the gmail app

Edited by RaAmon

Guest Devian242

In Play Store go to search icon (top) and write gmail... This must show gmail to download

nope... no gmail... also a lookup to google as developer shows no gmail..

nope... no gmail... also a lookup to google as developer shows no gmail..

:-( strange... i stay now with PA/ICS from C3C0, but i remember to install gmail over CFX2(JB) from Tilal with no problem... sorry

guys, the PA/JB from Tilal (2.54 11NOV2012) works ok for you in Phablet and Tablet modes??? In Phone/Stock mode it is ok, but in Phablet / Tablet not: the desktop of Trebuchet looks bad, the app dock looks with the icons overlaped... :-( i redo the installation but the result is the same... how has configurated the resolution (px / dpi) of workspace, sys-apps & user-apps?

thank you in advance

Guest omegavesko

So, 4.2 has been pushed. CM 10.1 it is. Shouldn't be too long right?

Have the CM team said anything yet? CM10 did just go stable, but I don't think they've said anything about their strategy for 4.2 yet.

Guest utternoob

Their official G+ page says that they will adopt 10.1 as a name

"The source code for 4.2 is being pushed to AOSP right now. Look for 

it under the name "android-4.2_r1" once the replication completes. The 

matching development branch (for CTS contributions) is jb-mr1-dev, and 

all the changes are merged into the master branch where platform 

contributions are accepted" - JBQ

Guest plegdroid

as it is, we're blessed :) but with a possibility of future blessings for our device, either way iam happy :D let's see how much the phone can take before it gives up. which will more than likely before we (commuinity) do. :P

Edited by plegdroid

Ah yes. I got rid of the calender sync file. Will fix for new gapps.

Both pa and cm10 contain the same kernel so...

The pa file was a half uploaded mistake. Will get rid of it.

Sorry for this really dumb question:

Am I not able to synchronize my google calender? Or is this some other thing I have no clue about? :)

Following a clean install I had an issue synching my calendars with the upated GAPPS, as a quick fix while waiting for an updated GAPPS when tilal gets chance :) I did the following

1. boot into recovery

2. flash the previous version of GAPPS

3. without rebooting flash the new version of GAPPS

4. reboot and you should see only 4 new apps install (everything else should remain as it was)

5. check your relevant app (I use agenda widget) and the calendars should now be available for synching

I'm not sure which other apps are installed,perhaps tilal can advise what else was stripped out compared to his last version :)

Edited by eddev

guys, the PA/JB from Tilal (2.54 11NOV2012) works ok for you in Phablet and Tablet modes??? In Phone/Stock mode it is ok, but in Phablet / Tablet not: the desktop of Trebuchet looks bad, the app dock looks with the icons overlaped... :-( i redo the installation but the result is the same... how has configurated the resolution (px / dpi) of workspace, sys-apps & user-apps?

thank you in advance

nobody? :-( only works bad PA/JB for me? :'-(