[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

Guest chielmi

Thank you Lalit! You rule :D

I upgraded my girlfriend's Skate from the original CFX to CFX2 build 20121110. Untill now it works like a charm, stable, fast.

Edited by chielmi

Guest Verhaaltjes

Decided to give the Zeelog Paranoid build a chance this morning. Running as smooth as Lalit's latest PA build, but I also get the graphical glitches here and there.

Guess we'll have to wait until Konsta's graphical adjustments are implemented, and hope those solve everything.

Guest meggscib

meggscib, please: do you use plain CFX2 or Paranoid/CFX2? if you use Paranoid, how are you configurated the Phablet and Tablet modes (Paranoid Settings / Interface ...)? what values for "mode" and dpi are you stablised for Workspace, System and User?

thank you

I'm running plain CFX2, 11/10 build :)

Guest gmalin54

Hi, I just installed cm_skate-userdebug 4.1.2JZO54K eng.tila6991.20121110.144549 test-keys on my Skate with 200MB system, 35MB cache and 205MB data

It seems to be working great, JB is incredibly better than 2.3.4 I had before, I'm enthusiastic about it! however I need to press a little harder on the touch screen that I did on the 2.3.4, is it possible to use the screen with less pressure? Is it possible to use a partition with 150MB system, 35MB cache and 255MB data ?

Thank you

Guest Wondrej

Hi, I just installed cm_skate-userdebug 4.1.2JZO54K eng.tila6991.20121110.144549 test-keys on my Skate with 200MB system, 35MB cache and 205MB data

It seems to be working great, JB is incredibly better than 2.3.4 I had before, I'm enthusiastic about it! however I need to press a little harder on the touch screen that I did on the 2.3.4, is it possible to use the screen with less pressure? Is it possible to use a partition with 150MB system, 35MB cache and 255MB data ?

Thank you

You don't really need 35 MB cache space and if you use S2E or similar program to move your data to SD card partition you will get rid of so much pain when installing apps :) I have 2 MB cache and its just fine, 200 for system and rest for internal memory, but with S2E I have 2GB partition on my SD for data. No need to worry about space since then.

Guest gmalin54

You don't really need 35 MB cache space and if you use S2E or similar program to move your data to SD card partition you will get rid of so much pain when installing apps :) I have 2 MB cache and its just fine, 200 for system and rest for internal memory, but with S2E I have 2GB partition on my SD for data. No need to worry about space since then.

OK, I will try to use S2E. I do not know how to create partitions,so I used an app :TPT Helper from PlayStore, to create the partition system on the Skate, so I choosed the most conservative partition setup among the four provided, which is the one having 35 MB cache.

Thank you for your help

Guest Wondrej

OK, I will try to use S2E. I do not know how to create partitions,so I used an app :TPT Helper from PlayStore, to create the partition system on the Skate, so I choosed the most conservative partition setup among the four provided, which is the one having 35 MB cache.

Thank you for your help

don't get mixed up two different things, there should be 3 partitions on the device and 2 partitions on the SD card. You can formate your internal memory by a script that you can find here in the forum, how to make second partition on the SD card you'll know from the S2E tutorial

Guest tilal6991

Bit of an update:

Yes my test was successful. Graphical glitches are reduced if not completely gone. Video recording is vastly improve and back to ICS standards. Hacks for smoothness have been replaced with better hacks.

Guest WiiSky70

Bit of an update:

Yes my test was successful. Graphical glitches are reduced if not completely gone. Video recording is vastly improve and back to ICS standards. Hacks for smoothness have been replaced with better hacks.

Those nasty hacks :D