[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Verhaaltjes

Guys, please open a separate thread for partitioning issues. Keep this thread clean for real issues and solutions regarding this ROM.

As for TPT: there are some other threads clearly explaining how to increase/decrease your system partition. Please read these first before starting to complain.

Guest unomesmo

Hi,

what's the difference between EN and ES ?

What else did you delete to get it down to 1.9mb ?

Is it ok to delete res/xml ? or is some of the stuff in there needed ?

All the XML folders seem to have mostly foreign stuff in them ?

Cheers....

:)

XML are templates, I think..

main-ES is the Spanish dictionary, my language... main-EN is English, DE is Germany...

1.980 kb... Maybe 2 or 2.1mb... It depends of size hard disk or the kind of partitions you use in your computer (FAT32, NTFS, EXT4...)

Guest akbar98

Guys, please open a separate thread for partitioning issues. Keep this thread clean for real issues and solutions regarding this ROM.

As for TPT: there are some other threads clearly explaining how to increase/decrease your system partition. Please read these first before starting to complain.

send me a link to that exact thread for partitioning zte skate?

Guest WiiSky70

How about a Proper TPT with flashable image.bin ? It's getting confusing about the Partition Requirements that this ROM is consuming

Like KonstAT done with his Jelly Bean Builds.

Guest Verhaaltjes

send me a link to that exact thread for partitioning zte skate?

Use the search function of the forum. It is not that hard, is it?

Two seconds later I found this thread:

http://www.modaco.co...app-tpt-helper/

and this one:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/350826-app-tpt-helper/

... and plenty others where similar questions were asked and answered.

Edited by Verhaaltjes

Guest Verhaaltjes

How about a Proper TPT with flashable image.bin ? It's getting confusing about the Partition Requirements that this ROM is consuming

Like KonstAT done with his Jelly Bean Builds.

Most people do not like to flash TPT's, they prefer using the other method via Clockworkmod, which gives you a lot more flexibility.

But of course you can make one yourself with TPT Helper from Market if you feel like helping your fellow Skaters.

On the other hand it's been reported by 10 different people that the size of this latest CFX2 is larger than the previous ones, so people should read the thread carefully before flashing - it would avoid this many issues and cries for help :)

I made my own zip by TPT.

Open your TPT helper and choose:

1. Create yor own TPT

2. After choose unchanged in popup table => ok

3. Now write 3 (it is cache in MB) => ok

4. Write 230 for system => ok

5. After TPT will create yor zip file and TPT will place it to /image/ folder.

Turn off your phone and pres and hold +vol menu button power button. Image will flash your partition.

ALL DATA WILL BE LOST!!!!!! (Except sdcard)

Working now :) .Tnx ! Agbar and everybody else who have the same problem ,just do this what he say.First of all install tpt helper and than you can do that with partitions.

i have 220MB partition, flashed rom,, flashed newest gapps, Google Play is working, other apps like gmail too, but same problem with calender sync as in older gapps version.

app wants an account and with my google account it doesn't work.. there comes popup which tells me that google account is already assigned..

any ideas?

Guest Gerycard

I made my own zip by TPT.

Open your TPT helper and choose:

1. Create yor own TPT

2. After choose unchanged in popup table => ok

3. Now write 3 (it is cache in MB) => ok

4. Write 230 for system => ok

5. After TPT will create yor zip file and TPT will place it to /image/ folder.

Turn off your phone and pres and hold +vol menu button power button. Image will flash your partition.

ALL DATA WILL BE LOST!!!!!! (Except sdcard)

I did it, but when i try to flash it (hold vol+ menu and power) it simply boots to android..

i don't know why :(

Edited by Gerycard

Guest satanovsyn

If phone is boot normally when you hold those 3 buttons, that on your sdcard is missing folder /image/ with boot and flash files, which TPT created.

Reason:

You did something wrong with TPT helper.

After success creating of image folder in TPT you must see:

Creating...

Zipping...

Downloading bla bla bla .... was sucess!

Guest felystar

Tilal there is a glitch in camera. When switching between photo video etc. Video and panorama preview dont work well. There is a graphic problem with it. Also, when you turn phone, to change it from portrait to landscape, there are some glitches.

If you create a TPT with 220MB system, tehre is no problem with Play Store.

YOUTUBE HQ WORKS AMAZINGLY GOOD!!

Edited by felystar

Guest WiiSky70

Most people do not like to flash TPT's, they prefer using the other method via Clockworkmod, which gives you a lot more flexibility.

But of course you can make one yourself with TPT Helper from Market if you feel like helping your fellow Skaters.

On the other hand it's been reported by 10 different people that the size of this latest CFX2 is larger than the previous ones, so people should read the thread carefully before flashing - it would avoid this many issues and cries for help :)

Well the lack of information and instructions on first post gives you a LOT of flexibility.

With 10 people or more confused about Partition Sizes , tilal should do a pre-flash TPT with the recommended partition sizes. And if you think i am wrong , well that isn't going to happen my friend.

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest Gerycard

I pressed the Menu button (which is the second button of the three hardware buttons) and yes, i have an image directory with the image files in it! :)

Edited by Gerycard

Guest Dio-Genes

If you do a clean install and follow the install instructions and wiping everything and format system before flashing you shouldn't run into these problems anyhow.

Never had those problems before, like too less system size or so.

Just wipe EVERYTHING before flashing.

Guest Gerycard

If you do a clean install and follow the install instructions and wiping everything and format system before flashing you shouldn't run into these problems anyhow.

I can install roms, flash recovery via bootloader etc... with closed eyes :P

I don't brick on the wipe :) but thanks anyway!

ps: I never had these problems before too, but now, they are here :(

Edited by Gerycard

Guest WiiSky70

I wipe everything ... NO SOLDIER LEFT BEHIND XD

Guest satanovsyn
I pressed the Menu button (which is the second button of the three hardware buttons) and yes, i have an image directory with the image files in it! :)

Then:

Press and HOLD volumeUP

During holding volumeUP press and hold menu button

During holding volumeUP and menu button press and hold power button

In the final:

YOU ARE HOLDING 3 BUTTON IN THE SAME TIME.

If you do that and without success, then you have:

1. Broken SDcard

or

2. Broken Buttons

or

3. Something wrong in eeprom

or

4. You dont have ZTE Skate :lol:

Which clockworkmod you selected in creating of TPT?

Edited by satanovsyn

Guest Dio-Genes

Strange, except those graphical glitches here and there and they are rare the whole ROM is running very well with me.

Surprised about the lots of posts about the new version.

Like mentioned, the GAPPS aren't complete IMO, but together in combination with an elder version it all runs well then too, including Play Store,Mail, Calender and Bookmarks - so far satisfied with this version, and its very smooth also.