[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

Guest pctv007

Installed yesterday, first without wipe from CM9 -> impossible to sync google agenda but working otherwise

Then wiped and installed : sync ok + GPS OK + BT OK

Been relly surprised to find I could use GPS :D

And BT too :D

Now just camera ;)

Thanks Tilal.

Seem to have some battery drain, might try C3co's kernel today, after backup ;)

Thanks again

Guest timoti111

If project butter works then this ROM will rule over ICS :D :D

:D yes it is working but Lalit don't released it yet :) I cant wait for that :D

Guest Josh92

I must have missed this. What exactly are you referring to?

I read that there was a Youtube app that had been altered & people were saying it was working, seems to be incorrect though. Seemed a touch too good to be true.

Guest gavin.19

I read that there was a Youtube app that had been altered & people were saying it was working, seems to be incorrect though. Seemed a touch too good to be true.

Yeah I found them on XDA but they'd been hacked to run in HD so they were even less useful for ICS/JB than the normal app. Instead of LQ/HQ they are HQ/HD. HD is pointless as it's 1280x720 which needs resized to 800x480 and it's too high quality, even for CM7. The HQ is exactly the same as the HQ on the normal app. I tried TubeMate too but I found it to be a horrible app and even 360p stutters. The only thing it's good for is being able to download the clips as video or mp3.

Guest trueno2k
Doesn't seem relevant to us seeing as we can't HD video... I posted on the CFX discussions ( ) about ICS YouTube app being updated on play store which now allows us to watch videos over wifi and have improved the HQ quality by a bit... You can if you haven't done so already try installing it via play store...

2pence done... :P

Guest sui785

Doesn't seem relevant to us seeing as we can't HD video... I posted on the CFX discussions ( http://www.modaco.co...nX#entry1996526 ) about ICS YouTube app being updated on play store which now allows us to watch videos over wifi and have improved the HQ quality by a bit... You can if you haven't done so already try installing it via play store...

I don't think you can install YouTube through the Play Store on CFX, it says device is not compatible.

Edited by sui785

Guest Josh92

Doesn't seem relevant to us seeing as we can't HD video... I posted on the CFX discussions ( http://www.modaco.co...nX#entry1996526 ) about ICS YouTube app being updated on play store which now allows us to watch videos over wifi and have improved the HQ quality by a bit... You can if you haven't done so already try installing it via play store...

Yeah I know.. Hence when I said it doesn't work. I read that & posted that while I didn't have my Skate, didn't know what the case was. Besides I'm on Mokee at the moment :P

Guest ukgnome

I don't think you can install YouTube through the Play Store on CFX, it says device is not compatible.

It shouldn't - youtube runs fine now with the latest update.

Guest plegdroid

battery observations, Wi-Fi and data are flipped with there battery consumption. Wi-Fi don't eat the battery, but data does vastly more than it should. where as Wi-Fi you'd expect it to munch battery life but it don't as much as data does :$

Edited by plegdroid

Guest creedence
battery observations, Wi-Fi and data are flipped with there battery consumption. Wi-Fi don't eat the battery, but data does vastly more than it should. where as Wi-Fi you'd expect it to munch battery life but it don't as much as data does :$

Exactly. Interesting way does das. :(

Guest trueno2k
Nothing to do with CFX or CFX2!... You have to use a modified version of Play Store app & GoogleServicesFramework.apk to get compatible apps to install... Will upload a picture when I find time, but for now gtg2 sleep as I have work @5am :'(

Guest iReece

Nothing to do with CFX or CFX2!... You have to use a modified version of Play Store app & GoogleServicesFramework.apk to get compatible apps to install... Will upload a picture when I find time, but for now gtg2 sleep as I have work @5am :'(

Feels bad for you brah. 5 am? I've been at camp all week, so I know dat feel. Hiking 23 miles with camping supplies and only getting 4 hours sleep before hiking the 23 miles BACK only to get another 5 hours sleep until the next activity.

Anywho. back on topic.

Why do we have to modify those files? This hasn't happend in the past, only since the new updates....

Guest trueno2k
Why do we have to modify those files? This hasn't happend in the past, only since the new updates....
I haven't tried downloading/installing YouTube app with Play Store app in JB yet, but on ICS the official signed PS app doesn't recognise my device as compatible with lots of apps, however getting the right modified PS app that also let's you modify your dpi will allow you to install any app installable that's designed for your Android version, and having a modified GoogleServicesFramework.apk file will allow you to keep using the modified dpi and not interfere with PS app and the PS servers...

Guest mi nombre

In JB and ICS, with the official signed PS, Youtube works (Hq laggy )

If the play store doesn't recognise the device as compatible is because the decive isn't compatible, not for the android version, it is for the processor (armv6), a lot of apps need an armv7 processor to work fine, for example, mozilla or google earth.

Guest Josh92

In JB and ICS, with the official signed PS, Youtube works (Hq laggy )

If the play store doesn't recognise the device as compatible is because the decive isn't compatible, not for the android version, it is for the processor (armv6), a lot of apps need an armv7 processor to work fine, for example, mozilla or google earth.

Not true, the Android version can cause it, particularly if you change DPI.

Guest mi nombre

Of course, in some cases it is so, but, have you tried to install, for example, chrome, thos is incompatible not for the android version, this time it is for the processor, althought Play store let you to install this application (for example), it will not work.

Guest pctv007

Of course, in some cases it is so, but, have you tried to install, for example, chrome, thos is incompatible not for the android version, this time it is for the processor, althought Play store let you to install this application (for example), it will not work.

I think it's because ICS and JB are supposed to need Arm V7 processors to run (offical versions)

But thank to Tillal's work, we have them on Arm V6...

:D