[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

I'm running link2sd and facebook wanted an update and the download is too large to be installed. I have deleted a few system items that I don't think I need to make way and still cant get enough space.

My TPT seems to be:

/dataTotal 162MB Used 132MB Free 30.08MB

/systemTotal 220MB Used 180MB Free 39.82MB

/cacheTotal 57.50MB Used 1.19MB Free 53.31MB

I have had trouble updating apps several times while using link2sd because of lack of space even though the free space is big enough. Please try to free up all memory before installing.

Or just go back to the stock launcher beforehand so your memory footprint gets lower. I had this space problem almost each and every time I had to update an app when I was still using Go Launcher. I switched to Nemus Launcher and it only came up once since...

Another option is to un-install the app completely and install the more recent version. For apps such as Facebook, you don't loose anything as all data is re-downloaded anyway. For other apps, use a backup tool to restore your data.

I have a strange issue with this rom.

I keep getting errors with my SD card. It was fine with the previous version.

Sometimes the sd card will automatically unmount I'll get a notification saying "SD card is safe to remove" (or something along those lines). When I try to goto system settings and then press mount. It mounts the card for a second and then it disappears and the same message comes up again "SD card is safe to remove".

The strange thing is that if I plug the sd card into a computer and run scan disk, it won't find errors but when I plug it back into my phone it works for a while then messes up. Then I have to the above again to get it working.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

The card is a 32gb sandisk microsd.

Guest skywalkerctu

@skywallkerctu Check if in the root of the sdcard is a nonmedia archive and delete it

I couldn't find anything named nonmedia,did you mean something else?sorry for my English.

I have had trouble updating apps several times while using link2sd because of lack of space even though the free space is big enough. Please try to free up all memory before installing.

Or just go back to the stock launcher beforehand so your memory footprint gets lower. I had this space problem almost each and every time I had to update an app when I was still using Go Launcher. I switched to Nemus Launcher and it only came up once since...

Another option is to un-install the app completely and install the more recent version. For apps such as Facebook, you don't loose anything as all data is re-downloaded anyway. For other apps, use a backup tool to restore your data.

I also had a similar problem for months and could not find a solution. In the end I noticed in Link2SD that a lot of apps did not have their dalvik caches linked to the SD card. I went through and changed this app by app in Link2SD and the problem disappeared. It might work for you too.

Guest Verhaaltjes

not working wi-fi access point?

If you mean having your phone work as an AP (wifi tethering) then read the first post ... it doesn't work natively. But there apps on PlayStore that do work (you can find some of them listed in the past 90 pages of this topic).

As for Wifi Connection (connecting to an AP) there are also some threads in this topic.

Guest rangeoshun

I couldn't find anything named nonmedia,did you mean something else?sorry for my English.

Niether did I. It has something to do with the different location. Now it is called sdcard0 where it was sdcard previously. Even some Nexus owners do have this bug. New photos for example can be seen, but Media scanner can't find the older files.

I also tried repartitioning my device, and copying the files to the new clean card, but still no luck..

Guest skywalkerctu

Niether did I. It has something to do with the different location. Now it is called sdcard0 where it was sdcard previously. Even some Nexus owners do have this bug. New photos for example can be seen, but Media scanner can't find the older files.

I also tried repartitioning my device, and copying the files to the new clean card, but still no luck..

so...no solution yet?that's bad.because this is the only bug that I care.music and images are important to me.

Can somebody try google goggles or any qr code scanner, it does not work on the ICS version, thanks.

I have had the same issue on ICS, but now on JB google goggles is working fine.

Guest rangeoshun

so...no solution yet?that's bad.because this is the only bug that I care.music and images are important to me.

At least I didn't find any. There are several recommendations if you search Google you'll find'em. But none worked for me, or I just screwed them up :) My last try was using SDrescan app, but it just keeps scanning, and seems not to accomplish anything.

If anyone has managed to overcome this issue, the fix is eagerly waited :D

Guest Joey Scarf

I have only just flashed this rom, but ive already run out of space for apps, i have titanium backup so can transfer to system

What options have i got to get more space

+ can i move my dalvik cache to sd card, and if so how do i do it

thanks

Edited by Joey Scarf

Guest hugobosslives

I have only just flashed this rom, but ive already run out of space for apps, i have titanium backup so can transfer to system

What options have i got to get more space

+ can i move my dalvik cache to sd card, and if so how do i do it

thanks

mate no offense but its stuff like this that have nothing to with this rom and thus shouldn't be on this thread.

your problem is a very common one on small rom memory phones. A solution most of use is to create an ext partition on the sdcard. then mount and use for apps with an app such as link2sd. google it.

Unrelatedly. Anyone having play store FCs all the time with the 9/16 rom? re-installed play store and still have it.

Guest hugobosslives

cheers mate. worked well. tho still fcs every 5ish uses of play

edit. crap its back doing it everytime again. anyone else got this?

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest King Mustard

You have the armv6 vfp codec, right?

"armv6 vfp codec" and "ARMv6 plug-in" is the same thing. It's installed.

That doesn't work with live streams.

Basically guys, I'm trying to view video streams from http://android.tvcatchup.com

EDIT: Just tried BS Player, it's better but still vary garbled.

EDIT #2: Tried the streams on http://iphone.tvcatchup.com and it works much better! Almost perfect!

Edited by King Mustard

Guest razzmataz1478

"armv6 vfp codec" and "ARMv6 plug-in" is the same thing. It's installed.

No. There's "armv6" and "armv6 vfp". 2 different things, though seen as it got to play, in assuming you had the right codec.