[GUIDE] Upgrade from B926 to B927 via fastboot

Guest Cyda

Guest efix_LT

how about clean B927_update.zip, once CWM working? Its chinese version? Huawei marked as unofficial or normal? Stable build (no reboots)?

Guest FrownBreaker

As you changed your system.img you will need to re-root but you shouldn't need to unlock the bootloader (and as you know CWM is already installed) - download the root/unlocker from here: http://www.modaco.co...tach_id=81949�. and connect your USB cable.

Thanks for the guide, and the great work! Downloading now.

One point the line above about talks about not needing to unlock the bootloader again just reroot, which makes sense, BUT the link is for the program to unlock the BL! Perhaps this is a typo?

Guest Rico_89

Thanks for the guide, and the great work! Downloading now.

One point the line above about talks about not needing to unlock the bootloader again just reroot, which makes sense, BUT the link is for the program to unlock the BL! Perhaps this is a typo?

The .exe when launched has two buttons, the top button will root and the lower button will unlock bootloader.

Guest FrownBreaker

The .exe when launched has two buttons, the top button will root and the lower button will unlock bootloader.

Ah I see, my bad (only flashed ICS yesterday you'd think I'd remember!)

Just flashed the phone took sometime I thought the flashing had hung but the files are big so I did not get a progress message for 35 seconds. Just to let folk know to be patient during the flashing...

C:\ics\B927>fastboot.exe flash system system.img

sending 'system' (387072 KB)...

OKAY [ 35.790s]

writing 'system'...

OKAY [ 70.950s]

finished. total time: 106.747s

C:\ics\B927>fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img

sending 'boot' (4094 KB)...

OKAY [ 0.384s]

writing 'boot'...

OKAY [ 0.945s]

finished. total time: 1.336s

Press enter to continue:

Guest Hogweed

The Play Store problems are "fixed" by editing build.prop (and then reboot) to pretend it is a U8818 on B926 (same as Chinese B926) . Seems Google Play Store isn't currently happy with a U8815 on B927. That might change or it might be permanently locked out as an unofficial release. Time will tell.

Btw, anyone know whether Play needs both the hardware and software version changed in B927 or just one of the two. The change posted so far changed the entire ID string to match that the Chinese U8818/B927 ROM.

I am resisting upgrading at the moment in case I want to downgrade again and run into the problems a few seem to be experiencing where neither posted method seems to work. However these do seem to be rare and I am weakening. My resistance will probably break down completely after a few drinks at the weekend - which is not the optimum time to do it really. Need a breathalyser app :-)

Edited by Hogweed

Guest FrownBreaker

Did my first phone fine. Tried to update another phone today (B888) to ICS926 then 927 all done but the toggles on the pull down are missing.

Was this added by the vendor file in the 926 release (I skipped Vendor on the second phone)

Just wanted a the pull down toggles otherwise the phone is fine and on 927!

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest rosco-85

Did my first phone fine. Tried to update another phone today (B888) to ICS926 then 927 all done but the toggles on the pull down are missing.

Was this added by the vendor file in the 926 release (I skipped Vendor on the second phone)

Just wanted a the pull down toggles otherwise the phone is fine and on 927!

Yup, Power Toggles are part of the vendor update on all the ROM's that I've had so far (B888, B926, B927).

Personally with B927 I would want the vendor part, where as on B926 you get all the Chinese bloat.

Edited by rosco-85

Guest FrownBreaker

Yup, Power Toggles are part of the vendor update on all the ROM's that I've had so far (B888, B926, B927).

Personally with B927 I would want the vendor part, where as on B926 you get all the Chinese bloat.

Oh so the toggles I have on one phone are from my 926 vendor update and the CWR flashed 927 does not have toggles. The reason I have no toogles on the second phone is that I never install the vendor file when I install 926.

So should I install the 927 vendor file to both phones?

• 4 months later...

<<<<<<<<<<<<Help. I am getting <waiting for device> even if i did everything before launching fastbot-install.bat.>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Problem solved.

Edited by Edgmal

<<<<<<<<<<<<Help. I am getting <waiting for device> even if i did everything before launching fastbot-install.bat.>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Problem solved.

i make a same proplem with it,how can i do?