[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Presenting CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent!

Jelly Bean!

Thumbnail_2012-07-16-20-58-59.png Thumbnail_2012-07-16-19-54-50.png Thumbnail_2012-07-16-20-55-36.png Thumbnail_2012-07-16-20-55-58.png Thumbnail_2012-07-16-20-56-05.png

This ROM is an early port of CyanogenMod 10 which as it stands, is choosing not to support our outdated SoC, the MSM7227 making things a little tougher this time. It is mostly the work of tilal6991 and the people pushing early changes to the Gerrit jellybean branches, and me doing bits and pieces when I get the time of course. :P

The Skate got a release before I made this thread and as a result I'm going to be copying most of the advice from there.

THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO WON'T WHINE ABOUT BROKEN FUNCTIONALITY AND CAN USE ADB.

Check the second post for known issues and the third for a change log.

Sources: github.com/ColdFusionX

Instructions:

• Grab the ROM and stick it on your SD.
  • Boot in to Recovery by turning the phone off, and turning it on while holding the volume down key.
  • 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset'
  • 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> ROM
  • 'Reboot System Now'
  • Give it time - first boot takes longer than usual.
  • Have fun!

What type of device do I have?

Guest Dazzozo

Working:

• Mobile Data - 3G/2G
  • Network and RIL
  • Sound
  • USB Mass Storage
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Hardware Acceleration

Partially Working:
    • Project Butter - the triple buffering side is working but there's no v-sync.

Not Working:

[*]Assume everything else.

A personal opinion:

I feel that this is the final OS version that our trusty Skates will be able to handle without it being unusable. A sad note but hopefully it will be some time before this happens and we still have this to play with until then. Who knows I may be wrong...

Guest Dazzozo

Change Log:

16/07/2012 - R0

• Initial release.

18/07/2012 - R1
    • Fixed RIL and brought the device closer to clean building
    • Synced with CyanogenMod repos: large feature set added
    • Superuser added and working
    • Various other minor changes

23/07/2012 - R2
      • New dithering patches
      • Fixed telephony crash
      • Various overlay changes
      • Fixed audio routing
      • Fixed A2SD
      • More appropriate market fingerprint
      • The signs of camera support beginning
      • Synced with CyanogenMod repos

24/07/2012 - R3
        • New magical P736E/V building method
        • copybit now accelerates 2D rendering, speeding things up a bit

31/07/2012 - R4

• Moved SD card mount location (again), should actually work this time
          • Potentially fixed Play purchases
          • Fiddled with Dalvik VM settings
          • A couple of Wi-Fi changes
          • Large copybit change
          • NB: turn on "don't keep activities" and "disable HW overlays" and enjoy some smoothness
          • 18/08/2012 - R5

[*]Huge changes to the display system making this effectively as smooth as CM9

[*]Large restructuring of the device files, and the reformation of a "common" repository between devices available at the ColdFusionX organisation

[*]ROM now on a huge diet, the zip comes under 115mb as opposed to the previous 160mb

[*]CM9 bootanimation removed, now using the Android default

[*]Synced with CyanogenMod repos

01/09/2012 - R6

[*]Enabled all I/O schedulers in the kernel, changed the default scheduler to SIO and the default CPU governor to lagfree

[*]Fixed paid apps issue

[*]Added Crescent proximity values - test without calibration and give feedback

[*]Issues resolved preventing us from using the CM10 gralloc and hwcomposer - these are now built in the CM tree - near the end of the display work, very smooth

[*]Camera changes - there are currently two Camera apps, the left one should work, sorry about that :)

[*]Synced with CyanogenMod repos

[*]CM10 boot animation

[*]I/O scheduler settings in performance

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I'll post this here too...not sure how helpful it is or if it will even work but apparently it's the Gapps pack for JB...

gapps-4.1.1-Kejar31-20120715.zip

http://www.mediafire...t8z646c56a4t241

I've mirrored it on Google in case it goes missing

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1zCcPPNZeS9aThIOE1ndzJSaE0

(A hefty 102MB although it could probably be pruned and shaped for our phones cos some of it probably isn't applicable)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

Might not even flash properly unless we allocate the entire data partition to system. :P

It can definitely be trimmed. I've seen a lot of unnecessary crap in these Jelly Bean gapps zips. (Google Plus and Maps to name a few).

Frankly I think the gapps should just contain things that can't be obtained from the market, the market itself and all the Google services.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Here's the pruned version of the gapps zip, It seems to work OK but I'm still testing through it but it has let me in and sync'd everything up...

gapps-4.1.1-ZTECrescent-Pruned-20120716.zip (60MB)

https://docs.google....RkFMdVg5am1WVWc

Just flash after flashing the rom, I restarted/flashed it after the rom had completely loaded up.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest robt77

I have an issue with Google Apps all i managed to install was currents which showed up on my list of apps which was some weird news thing they do now. But I actually do not have Google play. I tried to delete some of the apks on the zip file PsYcHoKiLLa kindly provided. I must have deleted something important :D

Edit - I found an APK for Google play and I have installed it and it works. The link to download can be found here http://www.mediafire.com/?42l9pj8zjrn0c1c

Edited by robt77

Guest robt77

I re booted my device and then it got stuck on the boot animation i got the following error on adb logcat

I/DEBUG ( 728): memory map around fault addr deadbaad:

I/DEBUG ( 728): bed3c000-bed5d000 [stack]

I/DEBUG ( 728): (no map for address)

I/DEBUG ( 728): (no map above)

D/Zygote ( 529): Process 1229 terminated by signal (11

Guest robt77

Thanks that has done the trick. Out of interest if i wanted to put a different boot animation on. Would I just move the new bootanimation zip back to the same location as the one I just deleted?

Is there a /system/media/bootanimation.zip or /data/local/bootanimation.zip present?

Remove it.

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks that has done the trick. Out of interest if i wanted to put a different boot animation on. Would I just move the new bootanimation zip back to the same location as the one I just deleted?

There shouldn't be one present at all, hence the 2nd post.

Guest MadEye Moody

Flashed, installed gapps-pruned , superuser

removed rom manager, added a script to chmod to init.d

installed a2sd (not working actually)

Working pretty good actually

Haven't installed a lot of apps since a2sd doesn't seem to work. now at office, will check when back at home

btw, a2sd check gives

/system/etc/init.d # a2sd check

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

/system/bin/bash: /system/bin/launcha2sd: No such file or directory

Segmentation fault

Will test the init.d script and report later

Guest Dazzozo

Did wifi and bluetooth work right away or did you port the CM9 fixes into this?

Pretty much. It was all working in the first build which was even closer to AOSP. (The day after the source was released to AOSP.)

Guest MadEye Moody

eh... call goes into loud speaker automatically.. lol...

Everyone at office had a good laugh when I tried to call a friend :D

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest MadEye Moody

How do I build from source? I have downloaded the source for CM9 according to your (Daz's) instructions and am able to compile CM9. Is the source same for all the versions (I noticed the jellybean branch in it)? If so how do I compile CM10, if not how to get the source?

I understand that you will be busy with coding, so please advice me when you are free

Edited by MadEye Moody