[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Liamness

Any having issues with turning off the GPS. The GPS won't turn off, the option works, but there is still the GPS icon in the status bar and also in the notification area, it still says "Location set by GPS"

I had that issue with CM9 also, but I'm not sure it's an issue really. If you look at the time of the notification, once you turn GPS off it stops updating. So basically the phone isn't tracking your location anymore.

Guest OuahOuah

Same for me : I then launch an app using GPS (cgeo (for geocaching) or even GMaps) and back to desktop and then no more icon...

Another bug : the notification text coming from top of notification bar ir... blurry then fixed but the effect is not perfect :P

Guest Dazzozo

Calling upon the P736E community -- anyone with a Vivacity, can you run the proximity calibration, view the values and tell me what the prox_threshold_hi and prox_threshold_lo values are?

I've fixed the proximity sensor (it now works without calibration) but I'm not sure if the P736E devices need their own values.

Meanwhile there's been some significant changes in the past few hours. :)

Guest soulasass1n

Calling upon the P736E community -- anyone with a Vivacity, can you run the proximity calibration, view the values and tell me what the prox_threshold_hi and prox_threshold_lo values are?

I've fixed the proximity sensor (it now works without calibration) but I'm not sure if the P736E devices need their own values.

Meanwhile there's been some significant changes in the past few hours. :)

prox_threshold_hi=508

prox_threshold_lo=406

:-)

Guest Rattonboy

can anyone upload or show me a website where i can change the partition. i used a tpt from chris which has like system/290mb data/120 cache/10. i want one with system/ 240 and cache/30-40mb. can someone help?

Guest Rattonboy

can anyone upload or show me a website where i can change the partition. i used a tpt from chris which has like system/290mb data/120 cache/10. i want one with system/ 240 and cache/30-40mb. can someone help?

Guest chris231

could probably make you one when work allows.

would the 220system 20cache 200data not work for you with a bit of trimming on the rom?

Rom is working really well thanks for your hard work Dazzozo

Plewis1981 - The a2sd Gui is not working for me but you can use the commands in the terminal.

Probably a stupid question is there any way to get the overclocking to wrok on this Rom? Whenever I try and change it in performance the phone just freezes and I need to reboot.

Guest Liamness

I'll try this out then, thanks again Daz.

I don't see any reason why anyone should be using the gui for a2sd. It's deprecated, right? It'll be easier if we all just try and use the scripts, that's what's recommended after all, and it means we don't have to report separate issues for each method

Guest plewis1981

Hi guys,

Firstly I would like to say what a grate job your doing Diaz this ROM runs like a dream.

I am having a problem with a2sd I used the commands in TE and now my apps have gone from the app draw, but they cars still showing in app manager but gray with an SD icon on them.

If anyone could help me solve this or tell me what I might have done wrong I would be most grateful.

Guest the_crevis

Hi guys,

Firstly I would like to say what a grate job your doing Diaz this ROM runs like a dream.

I am having a problem with a2sd I used the commands in TE and now my apps have gone from the app draw, but they cars still showing in app manager but gray with an SD icon on them.

If anyone could help me solve this or tell me what I might have done wrong I would be most grateful.

Sounds like you had some of your apps on the sd card using the in built feature before you installed a2sd. All apps must be on internal storage before installing a2sd or they will be greyed out and non-usable like you describe.

Guest Dazzozo

Probably a stupid question is there any way to get the overclocking to wrok on this Rom? Whenever I try and change it in performance the phone just freezes and I need to reboot.

Working here. What values are you changing it to?

Guest soulasass1n

im still running ICS just now dazzozo but ill flash this now to try and replicate the issue if it'll help

I swear my phone is trying to make me look stupid. I have tried about four times to over clock max 902 using smartass v2 and Eve time my phone just froze. Tried this morning and worked fine.

Guest plewis1981

Sounds like you had some of your apps on the sd card using the in built feature before you installed a2sd. All apps must be on internal storage before installing a2sd or they will be greyed out and non-usable like you describe.

I flashed a2sd with the ROM and only moved apps when there was no internal memory left. Is there anyway to my apps back? Or do I need to reflash?

Guest Rattonboy

could probably make you one when work allows.

would the 220system 20cache 200data not work for you with a bit of trimming on the rom?

I ave trimmed down the system apps but in the past i was left with no room for installing apps2sd. I would do it myself on tpt helper but can't get custom values to work on the app. If it isn't any trouble is it possible to change the system to 220, cache 40mb and data 180mb. Just one question my cache is 10mb does that mean i can only install 10mb or less on the playstore? Coz there are a lot of apps i have tried to install but it then says can't install on sd or usb. Thanks

Guest Dazzozo

I swear my phone is trying to make me look stupid. I have tried about four times to over clock max 902 using smartass v2 and Eve time my phone just froze. Tried this morning and worked fine.

It was probably just hot from you playing around with it and flashing and such, and it just caused typically okay clock speeds to result in crashes.

Guest chris231

I ave trimmed down the system apps but in the past i was left with no room for installing apps2sd. I would do it myself on tpt helper but can't get custom values to work on the app. If it isn't any trouble is it possible to change the system to 220, cache 40mb and data 180mb. Just one question my cache is 10mb does that mean i can only install 10mb or less on the playstore? Coz there are a lot of apps i have tried to install but it then says can't install on sd or usb. Thanks

Yeah 10mb cache normally means apps of 10mb and less download size. Probably could get away with less than 40mb?

TPT helper partitioning doesn't work for crescent.

There is one already 220mb system 20cache 200 data

Let me know for definiate the sizes and I'll have a go when work allows. Just got very busy... but may have time tonight or tomorrow night

Guest Rattonboy

Yeah 10mb cache normally means apps of 10mb and less download size. Probably could get away with less than 40mb?

TPT helper partitioning doesn't work for crescent.

There is one already 220mb system 20cache 200 data

Let me know for definiate the sizes and I'll have a go when work allows. Just got very busy... but may have time tonight or tomorrow night

Whenever you have time, i think these values sound ok system 230mb, cache 30mb and data 180mb. Thank you you don't have to do it straight away just whenever you have time, i am very grateful. ^_^