[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest robob95

Hi, sorry for my poor english.

My goal is to run a standard audio DAC on the ZTE Crescent.

Is the USb audio module enable on CM10 or is there a way (downloading some existing kernel ?) to be able to modify the media.audio.output.mode ?

I know that Jelly Bean supports USB audio output but not the standard mode (linux/alsa).

"USB audio output support allows hardware vendors to build hardware such as audio docks that interface with Android devices. This functionality is also exposed with the Android Open Accessory Development Kit (ADK) to give all developers the chance to create their own hardware."

Edited by robob95

Guest khosmetik

Hello,

Sorry too for my english. =)

I have a little problem with my ZTE Crescent.

I have install the CM10 (thanks for this nice rom) and i don't have the auto rotation.

it's enable on the launcher settings, screen settings (value 0.90.270) and accebility settings. It also configure on development option (0,5x/0,5x/0,5x for window, transiton, animation)

For more information, if that can help you i have install and configure a2sd like that : cachesdreset / zipalign and jit and heapsize 64.

Also configure proc like that : SMARTASSV2 / 122mhz-883mhz / NOOP / use KSM.

Rotation work when is forced by application (QR scanner for exemple)

Sensor work (test on application like Smart-tools).

Did you know where that did come from ? someone have same problems ? have you got a solution ?

I still comm for give more information.

Thanks à lot for your help

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Your build was pretty good, apart from some errors, like no wifi...

Aye, he's very good at doing unhelpful things ^_^ (Joke)

Wow, If we need a sarky rom we know where to go to :blink: Since XMasterNinni made the porting tool, I have faith in him :) I did try using the porting tool to port the latest Blade CM10 version over but it wouldn't play nice, I'm thinking because it's now on 4.1.2

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest AmbushReality

Wow, If we need a sarky rom we know where to go to :blink: Since XMasterNinni made the porting tool, I have faith in him :) I did try using the porting tool to port the latest Blade CM10 version over but it wouldn't play nice, I'm thinking because it's now on 4.1.2

Meh I'm just playing around, no harm intended ^_^

Guest reedo_17

So XMasterNinni any news if you are actually going to have a go? btw if you need a crescent they can be found for just over £50

Edited by reedo_17

Guest rymate1234

So XMasterNinni any news if you are actually going to have a go? btw if you need a crescent they can be found for just over £50

here sold by argos its about £64 http://www.ebay.co.u...=item51a2ea7649

Hey, got a newsflash for you. He is probably not going to buy a crescent just to make one rom.

If he does end up having a go, great! But let's be patient. Spamming a forum post ain't going to speed things up :)

Guest techsolo

Is there any rom CM9 or CM10 at this point working with GPS, A2SD and a link to the matching A2SD would be great. I just lost 4 hours trying to get A2SD working and I dropt my working debranded rom for that...

Is there any rom CM9 or CM10 at this point working with GPS, A2SD and a link to the matching A2SD would be great. I just lost 4 hours trying to get A2SD working and I dropt my working debranded rom for that...

Both of Dazozzo Cm9 & Cm10 ROms have working GPS and a2sd. The only thing with Cm10 is that the GUI for a2sd does not work with Cm10 and you have to uthe terminal. The command is su

a2sd reinstall

The phone reboots and user apps are then on the sd-ext.

Guest techsolo

Both of Dazozzo Cm9 & Cm10 ROms have working GPS and a2sd. The only thing with Cm10 is that the GUI for a2sd does not work with Cm10 and you have to uthe terminal. The command is su

a2sd reinstall

The phone reboots and user apps are then on the sd-ext.

Segmentation fault. Using the script on the frontpage of this forum for CM9 and the rom on this forum's frontpage for CM10...

It maybe that the script didn't install properly. Try deleting a couple of system apps and redo the process. Sometimes if there was not enough free space on the system the a2sd would not install properly

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Flash the A2SD scripts, then clear some system memory by uninstalling system apps then go to the terminal emulator and type in 'su' to enable Superuser, then a2sd reinstall then after it reboots type in a2sdcachesdreset then it will reboot again and your memory issues are sorted.

Guest techsolo

I get or segmentation fault or no output or a lot of output about mising busybox.a2sd. I flashed the A2SD 31032012-a2sd-ext3.zip and CM10 (tried others without succes before) cm-10-20120901-UNOFFICIAL-blade2_p736e.zip

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

You need to remove some apps from the system, you can do this via Titanium Backup as you haven't got enough free memory for the scripts to work.

Guest techsolo

I get or segmentation fault or no output or a lot of output about mising busybox.a2sd. I flashed the A2SD 31032012-a2sd-ext3.zip and CM10 (tried others without succes before) cm-10-20120901-UNOFFICIAL-blade2_p736e.zip

40 megabyte of free space in application management...

Guest techsolo

Free space in the /system partition, you're talking about the /data

df says:

/system 40M free

/data 97M free

/cache 56M free

/sdcard 1G free

Nog ext3 mounted yet...

Guest srdevil

I've tested some WiFi settings and it seems that on a fresh install the wifi doesn't crash as long as you don't change the setting "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: Always". If this setting is changed to "Only when plugged" in or "Never"

I don't know if other people might have the same problem, but this maybe can be solved now we know how to get the crashes? Would be awesome!

Guest techsolo

I flashed CM10 (tried others without succes before) cm-10-20120901-UNOFFICIAL-blade2_p736e.zip then gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip end then A2SD 31032012-a2sd-ext3.zip and guess what... still segmentation fault... even with 5 megabyte free in /system

Guest dodgetimmy

I know why development has kind of stopped on this rom, but why is the case there is no fix for the front camera for the CM roms? Its the only thing stopping me from upgrading.

Guest techsolo

After cleaning some s*** like the annoying gmail app up with titanium backup I managed to get a2sd up and running...

Configuration I used:

I flashed CM10 (tried others without succes before) cm-10-20120901-UNOFFICIAL-blade2_p736e.zip then gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip end then A2SD 31032012-a2sd-ext3.zip (had to reinstall a2sd after cleaning)

Guest techsolo

does this CM10 run smooth in zte crescent (atlas variant) (800mhz cpu 512 ram 160mb system.) ?

so i can go from FNC.

Seems to work well but I didn't tried to play movies yet.