[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest reedo_17

Can you test the patch I gave please ?

i would but ive only just sorted mine out and dont really want to do a backup and the phone is mainly my brothers and he uses it every day so don't want to mess any thing sorry :(

i would but ive only just sorted mine out and dont really want to do a backup and the phone is mainly my brothers and he uses it every day so don't want to mess any thing sorry :(

Okay, no problem. ;) I will install this ROM and test the patch. :)

Guest Dazzozo

Jesus guys, stop trying to hack an ancient build in to bits. There are some big shifts going on which you should've acknowledged because you were looking at the CFX repos.

Patience please, I don't owe you anything and I have no motivation if you're acting like this. I was going to release a CM9 update over a week ago but chose not to for that reason.

Guest AmbushReality
Jesus guys, stop trying to hack an ancient build in to bits. There are some big shifts going on which you should've acknowledged because you were looking at the CFX repos.

Patience please, I don't owe you anything and I have no motivation if you're acting like this. I was going to release a CM9 update over a week ago but chose not to for that reason.

Just gonna quote this to put it in the eye of any brainless morons :)

@Dazzozo you decided that you wont realise new cm9 build just because couple of people are inpatient ? How about all other people who were patient and were waiting for your nex build ? People like me ? We all respect your work,also we understand that you are only one (as far as i know and concern) who can bring back to life our already-dead vivacity....Also we whouldnt bother you with all this if some of us hav the money to actually buy devices with Jelly Bean already supported and preinstaled...Again sorry for inconvenience that I or we coused to you.

Guest Dazzozo

@Dazzozo you decided that you wont realise new cm9 build just because couple of people are inpatient ? How about all other people who were patient and were waiting for your nex build ? People like me ? We all respect your work,also we understand that you are only one (as far as i know and concern) who can bring back to life our already-dead vivacity....Also we whouldnt bother you with all this if some of us hav the money to actually buy devices with Jelly Bean already supported and preinstaled...Again sorry for inconvenience that I or we coused to you.

Then that's life I'm afraid. The fact of the matter remains that no one is owed anything, unless you start employing me to maintain your phone.

People do this stuff because they want to, not because they have to.

@Dazzozo you didnt understand anything that i wrote in a post above.You dont own anything to us we just hope that you will do it because you want to do it and because you want to help us...You know how to do it,i dont, i tryed but i dont know how to do it.I whould be happy to help anyone hire with something that i know how to do...On the other hand,as you sayed, you do it for free so it is your good will to realise new builds or just to shut this down. No one will resent if you decide to abandon support for this phone but we just hope you wont...Thats all ...

Guest Dazzozo

@Dazzozo you didnt understand anything that i wrote in a post above.You dont own anything to us we just hope that you will do it because you want to do it and because you want to help us...You know how to do it,i dont, i tryed but i dont know how to do it.I whould be happy to help anyone hire with something that i know how to do...On the other hand,as you sayed, you do it for free so it is your good will to realise new builds or just to shut this down. No one will resent if you decide to abandon support for this phone but we just hope you wont...Thats all ...

Okay, so you've basically said "I have no point" here. I'll just ignore this.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

We all appreciate your work here and you're the only person (It seems) who has the knowledge and experience to bring our Crescents back to life. Now, like I said, we all appreciate your work but you stated that you were going to release a CM9 build a few weeks back but didn't because you essentially think we didn't deserve it due to a few inpatient people, I completely understand that but I just don't think it's fair to let other people suffer because of it. We all bought the Crescent in the hopes that it would be the new Blade (I know that's one of the main reasons I did) and I strongly believe that there's still a bit of life left in our devices. There's some interesting stuff going on over at XDA which seems like it could fix a fair amount of problems on the ICS/JB builds for armv6 devices and we will all very much appreciate you trying to shove them into the CM9/CM10 builds.

Short story; We all love your work and appreciate everything you've done and we'd very much love to see a new update for CM9/CM10 which includes potential fixes from the XDA thread. Oh and you're coming across awfully unfriendly tonight, I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Thank you

Guest AmbushReality
We all appreciate your work here and you're the only person (It seems) who has the knowledge and experience to bring our Crescents back to life. Now, like I said, we all appreciate your work but you stated that you were going to release a CM9 build a few weeks back but didn't because you essentially think we didn't deserve it due to a few inpatient people, I completely understand that but I just don't think it's fair to let other people suffer because of it. We all bought the Crescent in the hopes that it would be the new Blade (I know that's one of the main reasons I did) and I strongly believe that there's still a bit of life left in our devices. There's some interesting stuff going on over at XDA which seems like it could fix a fair amount of problems on the ICS/JB builds for armv6 devices and we will all very much appreciate you trying to shove them into the CM9/CM10 builds.

Short story; We all love your work and appreciate everything you've done and we'd very much love to see a new update for CM9/CM10 which includes potential fixes from the XDA thread. Oh and you're coming across awfully unfriendly tonight, I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Thank you

I have to disagree, he was being weirdly friendly over on IRC last night :P

Guest dodgetimmy

Thumbs up to the work that has gone in to this and all your releases Daz, its top notch.

On a seperate note, are there yet any plans for the front camera to be fixed? Since it seems development elsewhere has ceased:) thanks!

Guest AmbushReality
Thumbs up to the work that has gone in to this and all your releases Daz, its top notch.

On a seperate note, are there yet any plans for the front camera to be fixed? Since it seems development elsewhere has ceased:) thanks!

It will never work due to our crappy hardware

Guest Dazzozo

The Blade's liboemcamera is used which provides no support for the front facing sensor or camera switch handling. The Skate's (and likely the Crescent's, I think they're identical libs) don't behave well with the libcamera wrapper. The wrapper would probably need huge changes.

Guest dodgetimmy

So it's a matter that the userbase for the crescent and the Libra not being large enough to warrant the creation off its on own lib? Compared to the blade? Although I thought also the blade had no front camera support?

Shame it's not possible to simply copy how it works on the edited stock roms across