[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest reedo_17

This is looking good for the skate but i notice that Dazzozo and Tidal both have the sources (coldfusion). Wondering if crescent may get 4.2?

Bit more info about how progress on 4.1 and 4.2:

Currently my life is very busy as I have university interviews and heavy load of school work. Progress on 4.2 is very good: we are definitely on track to make it better than 4.1. Working on the Xperia T with a lot more experienced developers has given me ideas for ways I can fix stuff for are skate.

Essentially the first release build of 4.2 for the skate will be pretty much be fully working to the standard of 4.1. You can expect this as a present during the Christmas period. 4.1 will follow not soon after that. That's all for now.

Guest rymate1234

This is looking good for the skate but i notice that Dazzozo and Tidal both have the sources (coldfusion). Wondering if crescent may get 4.2?

In theory yes, as a crap lot of the device sources jellybean onwards is in the zte-common cfx repo. Its only a question of whether Dazzozo will make the required changes in the blade2 config to make it build :)

EDIT: I say in theory as CyanogenMod are officially not supporting ARMv6 devices any more. So expect the ColdFusionX repos to be filled with patched cyanogenmod repos :P

(I have no real idea what I'm on about yet. I'm learning though :P)

Edited by rymate1234

Guest razzmataz1478

In theory yes, as a crap lot of the device sources jellybean onwards is in the zte-common cfx repo. Its only a question of whether Dazzozo will make the required changes in the blade2 config to make it build :)

EDIT: I say in theory as CyanogenMod are officially not supporting ARMv6 devices any more. So expect the ColdFusionX repos to be filled with patched cyanogenmod repos :P

(I have no real idea what I'm on about yet. I'm learning though :P)

Everything that is working on the skate will (indefinitely) work on the crescent, though Bluetooth may be an exception. Some of what is in the skate config can be used in the blade2 config.

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest reedo_17

Ive ordered a Nexus 4 to replace my ZTE Blade (has 1-2 weeks delivery) will still keep it updated but i will still carry on updating my brothers ZTE Crescent, I am excited about the possibility of 4.2!

Got by Nexus 4 btw

Edited by reedo_17

Guest ace9094

Hi Guys,

The WiFi see's everything but cannot connect to anything... It states "Connecting / Disconnecting"

I tried to set a static IP but the "Save" option is greyed out when making changes :(

Can anyone please advise?

Guest Dazzozo

Just did the first 4.2 build, damage report is pretty good. Bluetooth and camera need some work and that's all for the device specific stuff, though apparently tilal has those working over on the Skate, but doesn't have Wi-Fi, which works for us. :o

Guest OuahOuah
Just did the first 4.2 build, damage report is pretty good. Bluetooth and camera need some work and that's all for the device specific stuff, though apparently tilal has those working over on the Skate, but doesn't have Wi-Fi, which works for us. :o

When you say some work you mean like in your CM9/10 build ?

Guest ruyzalim

Ho my ! Good news!

Guest MaTMaNhun

Anyone else having problems with onscreen buttons? They don't show up, no matter what i do.

Otherwise this rom is excellent, smooth, stable, i don't have any problems with it. With Darktremor's A2SD script and S2E i don't have problem with the storage neither

Edited by MaTMaNhun

Guest Dazzozo

Still working, I got a bit tired of how the Vivacity builds are done and split the tree in to three, two devices that inherit from a common. Builds for p736e and p736v are now seen as separate devices in the build system which sorts out some of the pains, still not completely ideal, but that's what you get when ZTE don't know what to do with themselves.

I'll get this rigged up to my GetCM instance too (which you may or may not have seen, it has been serving G300 builds for a while now: http://getcm.thebronasium.com/ ). This work helps there too, as the two types will be categorised separately. The benefits? OTA updates identical to the official CM OTAs.

(edit: done https://github.com/Dazzozo/GetCM/commit/5179f11f89d8488ed777a026861a65a62aee0ff5 )

When I have everything settled in I'll look at setting up automated nightlies for both (well, all three) devices. I've got the server capacity, why not. :P

Guest Typhus_

Just did the first 4.2 build, damage report is pretty good.

This sounds great!

Are you working to deliver us a nice 4.2 ROM in the near future?

I envy you, you know? I really wish I would just know where to start to build my own ROM for my Crescent (ZTE P736E - "Optimus Barcelona" - Portugal).

Anyway, if you need any help from someone who likes to help, ask me. Even if I don't know, I'll learn to give you what you need in order to deliver us a pretty little JB rom.

Thanks for all your work so far.

Edited by Typhus_

Guest Hydrosaure

Installed this last week end.

Changed initial 2gb microSD card for a 16Gb one.

Partitionned it this way: 8 Gb for internal (Ext4) and the rest as sd card.

Used Int2ext

So far so good, except for youtube app that makes the phone reboot. Gmail app also complains about lost connectivity but sitll manages to get emails.

UI is very smooth and responsive and finally I can install apps without trying to cope with internal memory.

Great work.

• 2 weeks later...