[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest jventura

Konsta,

before you disappear :)

Can you put on your github or post here the EGL patches you had before changing to the Ganster's fixes? Did you also changed any binary files?

It seems that jb with these latest updates is a little bit more laggy, so I want to revert back to those old EGL hacks you had on the patches to check from there..

Thanks,

João Ventura

Guys I probably move back to ZTE Blade for some time. Is this ROM is smooth and stable for daily usage without playing games?

Yes this ROM is smooth and stable enough for daily use :)

So you guys are telling that it's worth better to flash the 16.11 version with the patches than the 24.11 'cause it's more stable and smoother?

16.11 was the last build, where the wi-fi worked for everyone. On later versions, some of us (including me) started having probles with wi-fi not activating or activating very slowly. But apparently this does not happen to everyone, like it seems that KonstaT never had this problem, while Ganster did :-)

My guess is there must be small difference in firmware in different phones, since wi-fi is related to it. I believe that I use Stock Gen2 from here:

So, just try the 24.11 and see how it works for you. It takes only 5 min to flash a rom, doesn't it?

it looks like I am not able install / restore any map based apps on this ROM. ( runtastic / endomondo ). are other people facing the same issues? is there a way out to make it work? Thanks for your help.

Have not tried the apps you mentioned but I have installed Strava without any problems.

Guest KonstaT

Konsta,

before you disappear :)

Can you put on your github or post here the EGL patches you had before changing to the Ganster's fixes? Did you also changed any binary files?

It seems that jb with these latest updates is a little bit more laggy, so I want to revert back to those old EGL hacks you had on the patches to check from there..

Thanks,

João Ventura

You can find all old patches from my git history. No one should use those CTS breaking hacks anymore, now that it's not absolutely necessary. What you're saying about lagging isn't true either (you would have read about it if the recent builds were somehow significantly slower :P).

So you guys are telling that it's worth better to flash the 16.11 version with the patches than the 24.11 'cause it's more stable and smoother?

No, that not true. There is absolutely no difference in stability or smoothness in the recent builds. Only differences are in media decoding and they were talking about that.

16.11 was the last build, where the wi-fi worked for everyone.

No, that's not true either. If there's some wifi issues, they've been present all along. There's been nothing merged after 16.11. that would affect our wifi and no other differences that would explain it. I had several patches for wifi tethering included already before 16.11. build and I had all of them reverted in 24.11. build.

Ganster, would it be possible to have all your latest chages and video improvements as a flashable zip file for CM10?

Why? All Ganster's improvements are already included in the latest build.

Guest huibuhh
No, that's not true either. If there's some wifi issues, they've been present all along. There's been nothing merged after 16.11. that would affect our wifi and no other differences that would explain it. I had several patches for wifi tethering included already before 16.11. build and I had all of them reverted in 24.11. build.

Maybe reverting those patches broke something? I can't compare to 16.11 build but all i can say is that connecting to wifi (at least for me) takes significantly longer on your latest CM10 build than on the latest CM9 build. Especially after (hot?) reboot this is striking.

Beside the wifi topic: Does voice search (not the google now version) work for anyone?

Guest bezerra

Maybe reverting those patches broke something? I can't compare to 16.11 build but all i can say is that connecting to wifi (at least for me) takes significantly longer on your latest CM10 build than on the latest CM9 build. Especially after (hot?) reboot this is striking.

Beside the wifi topic: Does voice search (not the google now version) work for anyone?

I think the problem is on "hot rebbot" and is not a wifi problem

Guest Hrosik97

I'd like to ask. Can I update this ROM somehow without losing my apps (and appdata). Maybe just flash ROM without any wipe? Please help, I'm sick of all configurating apps.

I'd like to ask. Can I update this ROM somehow without losing my apps (and appdata). Maybe just flash ROM without any wipe?

Wiping isn't needed to update a Rom.

Edited by De@n

Guest huibuhh

Ganster if you read this what we're the lines to add to cm9's build.prop? I can't find them anywhere in the thread

You mean this? Be aware that some people reported issues with those lines. If you do try, please report back (in CM9 thread) :)

My camera preview is a little broken... especially the recording preview.

Is there a solution for this?

Read the thread. Install 4.2 camera or another camera app.

Guest KonstaT

Ganster if you read this what we're the lines to add to cm9's build.prop? I can't find them anywhere in the thread

Yeah, it's really difficult to find when you have to read one whole page back of the CM9 thread. ;)

What Ganster posted had a typo and that results in it doing absolutely nothing! All it had was a placebo effect and then someone even confirmed the placebo. :P If you add the line like it is supposed to be, it will only render your device useless. Switching to mdp composition has never worked on CM9 and it doesn't work here either.

My camera preview is a little broken... especially the recording preview.

Is there a solution for this?

Install some third party camera app from the Play Shop. For example Camera ICS is almost exactly the same camera app than legacy camera which was previously included in this ROM (both AOSP 4.0 cameras). Also this gets repeated about three times every page...

Yeah, it's really difficult to find when you have to read one whole page back of the CM9 thread. ;)

What Ganster posted had a typo and that results in it doing absolutely nothing! All it had was a placebo effect and then someone even confirmed the placebo. :P If you add the line like it is supposed to be, it will only render your device useless. Switching to mdp composition has never worked on CM9 and it doesn't work here either.

I thought It was in this thread, smart of me :S

Edited by Guest

Guest Falipene

Updated to latest build, 24 november, and I have Wifi issues, like signal drop, search show no wifi, but few minutes later wifi signal appear. Showing this beheavor since I upgraded to ICS. I'll try 16november build tomorrow.

Preview while recording erratic behavore, I'll try ics camera.

Thanks!

Guest jenjenx

Can you guys help me.

I can't seem to install Gapps. they just don't show up so I can't access the android Play store.

When I check Manage Apps > Downloaded > Internal Storage I have 62 MB used, 253MB free

So what could be the problem?

Guest elrond_bs

@ jenjenx: You are checking internal storage, not system storage! You need 160 MB in System, if you don't have them your ROM install will not be completed properly and you will have missing apps, etc.

Anyone complaining about broken Auto Brightness: turning on the Filter made it work for me.

Unfortuantely it doesn't help me to fix autobrightness :( That was one of the first things I tried (along with all other settings for brightness).

Can you guys help me.

I can't seem to install Gapps. they just don't show up so I can't access the android Play store.

Go to the terminal app, and do "df" (without quotes). If you have less than 160MB on /system partition, you have to TPT to get at least 160MB on system partition. If you have 160MB or more, on clockworkmod, search for and format /system, and then install the rom and only then the gapps..

Guest Big Dunker

Okay guys, I'm pretty much confused. Do you think I should flash the 16.11 or 18.11 and patch the other things manually? Where can I find e.g. the HQ-Youtube patch and how can I flash it? The same as flashing a custom rom?

Thanks