[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest elrond_bs

Because I don't really like 3rd party camera apps with adds... . does the legacy camera work?

Read the first page - everything works, read the last 2-3 pages and you will find out what is the bug with camera.

Is it possible install only Gmail and Play Market from the "gapps-jb-20121017-KonstaKANG.zip"?

I tried install the apk's that I downloaded from internet (gmail & google play) after a clean install of the CM10 (24.11) and without flashing the gapps zip file, but unfortunately both of these apps force closing.

Any suggestion?

gapps-jb-20121017-KonstaKANG.zip contains special system services, requred for correct function of Play Store and other gapps, not just the programs. You need to flash it before installing anything.

Well, I have a question.

Is it possible install only Gmail and Play Market from the "gapps-jb-20121017-KonstaKANG.zip"?

I tried install the apk's that I downloaded from internet (gmail & google play) after a clean install of the CM10 (24.11) and without flashing the gapps zip file, but unfortunately both of these apps force closing.

Any suggestion?

http://www.mediafire...l16jwtvdbx9bl6s here is a smaller gapps package.

and also a smaller rom: http://www.mediafire.com/?rvkunr5aj5izq7g , i removed things that i wouldnt need, like email, exchange, voice dialer, bootanimation, live wallpaper. (havent tested it out yet)

Edited by leripe

Hello! I've been running on KonstaT for several months with no problem! Saturday, i changed TPT to get more space for datas. Usually, I consume about 200/300 Megaoctets of data in a month, and, since sunday, I have more than 700 Megaoctets of data!!!!!!!!! In 3 days!!!!!!! And I didn't change anything in my habits!

Could it be due to the new tpt? Or what??????

Please help me......And my battery empties in some hours......

Thank you and sorry for my english!!!

Guest gerhardo

Hello! I've been running on KonstaT for several months with no problem! Saturday, i changed TPT to get more space for datas. Usually, I consume about 200/300 Megaoctets of data in a month, and, since sunday, I have more than 700 Megaoctets of data!!!!!!!!! In 3 days!!!!!!! And I didn't change anything in my habits!

Settings, Data usage

See what app that drains the battery.

I saw someone where the Google backup constantly ran for some reason.

It is not the TPT itself that is the problem.

Guest elrond_bs

This has absolutely nothing to do with TPT or the ROM. You should know how to setup your settings and apps to use less data or even turn data off, when not needed. There are many things that can go wrong and use a lot of megabytes of data.

Settings, Data usage

See what app that drains the battery.

I saw someone where the Google backup constantly ran for some reason.

It is not the TPT itself that is the problem.

Thank you. How to do to disable the backup run. And how could I know which app uses so much data ?

Can you give me the best settings of the rom ?

Edited by brob57

Guest Mihai Enea

Thank you. How to do to disable the backup run. And how could I know which app uses so much data ?

Can you give me the best settings of the rom ?

Settings - > Data Usage -> [Menu Button] -> Turn off "Auto-sync Data"

Guest elrond_bs

Settings -> Backup and reset, you can't miss it, if you have looked for it! This is not the place to discuss such questions (search Google or this forum for some detailed explanation on Android settings). There are other threads in this forum for beginners.

Guest jeeyi345

Hi, I'm using version 16.11

My Wi-Fi button is often in deep grey, I can't enable or disable it,(remains no wifi signal) I have to reboot to see if it's able to slide. Is there anything I can do to fix it permanently?

Or maybe 24.11 will do

You might want to consider using a firewall :) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jtschohl.androidfirewall&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dandroid+firewall+jtschohl

Guest jventura

Check for Google Now and how to disable it. Probably it is that app which is consuming the data and the battery..

Settings -> Backup and reset, you can't miss it, if you have looked for it! This is not the place to discuss such questions (search Google or this forum for some detailed explanation on Android settings). There are other threads in this forum for beginners.

Thank you elrond!!! I disabled "backup and reset", and everything seems to be ok now!!!!!

I was using CM9 by KonstaT for several weeks and was very satisfied except for the rather slow speed when applications started. So I have tried this ROM and it seems snappier. Unfortunately I have problems with Wi-Fi connection - I use My Phone Explorer: http://alturl.com/nyw7p for controling my phone from Windows desktop and it does not work correctly with 24.11 JB ROM while it worked fine with ICS. It now gives lots of Wi-Fi connection errors, especially when accessing SD card. Also webpages in Dolphin browser that I use as main web browser are sometimes loading very slowly. Otherwise this ROM works very well and I would like to have it permanently. Does anybody know how to solve Wi-Fi problems?

Edited by km323

possible to move navigation bar top of the screen and integrate it to statusbar?

would be nice to use blade bit like a tablet,, :)

I really don't think thats possible..

Guest mankulito2

possible to move navigation bar top of the screen and integrate it to statusbar?

would be nice to use blade bit like a tablet,, :)

tablet with 3.5 inch screen. it is stupid.

Guest jonmac73

Thank you elrond!!! I disabled "backup and reset", and everything seems to be ok now!!!!!

What does this actually stop doing ?

Will gmail/contents/calendar still sync OK - that's all I'm bothered about - all d/l appls I use Titanium back for. Thanks

What does this actually stop doing ?

Will gmail/contents/calendar still sync OK - that's all I'm bothered about - all d/l appls I use Titanium back for. Thanks

Email still sync