[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Snap.IT

The guide is not too straight, would you please provide a plain one. :blink:

Read the guide as you're running the script, a lot of the information is contained in the script itself.

You can abort at any time and it will not touch anything until you reboot and install it.

If at that time you are unsure, don't install it. If you use my recovery and install a loop rom you can always use advanced backup to restore boot.img and boot your nand as usual. A loop ROM will not touch neither /system or /data and you never have to wipe anything.

S2E installed from Play Store does not show "Download cache" option for moving it to EXT SD partiton. It shows only below options:

Applications

Paid Apps

Private Apps

Application Data

Dalvik Cache

Any reason why?

Edited by anantk

Guest McKangi

Hi All!

I'm using 20121116 version KonstaKANG custom rom.

The problem: some youtube videos strange ghosting during playback.

LINK to IMAGE

there is a solution?

Youtube hq fix installed ! HELP!

Guest matcho13579

Does the kernel of this rom support undervoltage?

Is lowering of voltage through apps like CPU Control helpful to lower battery consumption?

1. No, it doesn't

2. Surely, but impossible for Blade ROMs for now

Guest elrond_bs

S2E installed from Play Store does not show "Download cache" option for moving it to EXT SD partiton.

Any reason why?

First of all, if you use modified partitions, Cache is 2MB, and RAM is used as cache, not the actual partition. Also Cache is not supposed to be movable, because it is deleted as soon as app is installed (there is no time to be moved somewhere, but then deleted). So your question is quite meaningless.

Hi All!

I'm using 20121116 version KonstaKANG custom rom.

The problem: some youtube videos strange ghosting during playback.

LINK to IMAGE

there is a solution?

Youtube hq fix installed ! HELP!

There is no Youtube HQ fix that can be installed for 16.11 version! Use 18.11 or 24.11, which have Youtube hq fix.

Hi There,

Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped. :(

Any idea?

It was not bundled with the gapps.zip so I seeked&downloaded a com.android.vending-3.9.17.apk and a newer com.android.vending-3.10.10 and some older too. Unsuccessfully. Same FC.

I hope it is not based on that it has 136 Mb system partition for the ROM. (just upgraded my 2.3)

If the problem is really caused by the partition size, how should I TPT it while http://www.amphoras.co.uk is down. what says " Download the app from the market." :(

Thanx for all!

Guest Mettafox

Why Application Data on S2E causes problems in the rom?

When I move Application Data to sd-ext, always the apps give FC's, infinite loops, rom and apps slowness, etc.

Guest matcho13579

Hi There,

Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped. :(

Any idea?

It was not bundled with the gapps.zip so I seeked&downloaded a com.android.vending-3.9.17.apk and a newer com.android.vending-3.10.10 and some older too. Unsuccessfully. Same FC.

I hope it is not based on that it has 136 Mb system partition for the ROM. (just upgraded my 2.3)

If the problem is really caused by the partition size, how should I TPT it while http://www.amphoras.co.uk is down. what says " Download the app from the market." :(

Thanx for all!

My /system partition is 136 MB as well and no problems for me, even ~7 MB left :) just delete some unnecessary content from .zip before installiing (also you can save some space by trimming down LatinIME.apk)

Edited by matcho13579

My /system partition is 136 MB as well and no problems for me, even ~7 MB left :) just delete some unnecessary apps from .zip before installiing (also you can save some space by trimming down LatinIME.apk)

Hi, thanx for the quick answer! At least I do not have to TPT it. Where did you get your working "PLAY Store"? Won't you send me an apk?

Edited by awarner

Guest elrond_bs

@mio180: Play Store works correctly, both 3.9.17 & 3.10.10 (tested both)! The problem is in your phone - you need 160MB system for this ROM (as it is written on page 1)! Trimming the ROM is at your own risk, don't complain here if you used trimmed version and something doesn't work. Wipe everything and install the ROM again on 160MB and everything will work. I may decide to post a working trimmed version in a few days, but no promises.

@Mettafox: Application data shouldn't be moved to SD anyway. Better move everything else.

Guest Snap.IT
Why Application Data on S2E causes problems in the rom?

When I move Application Data to sd-ext, always the apps give FC's, infinite loops, rom and apps slowness, etc.

As stated many times in four threads you need to move dalvik as well as data to make it work.

Guest matcho13579

Hi, thanx for the quick answer! At least I do not have to TPT it. Where did you get your working "PLAY Store"? Won't you send me an apk?

Just use gapps from first post ;)

Guest Mettafox

As stated many times in four threads you need to move dalvik as well as data to make it work.

I move all options, Applications, Private Applications, Dalvik Cache, less Application Data, because causes instability.

Is secure move Application Data with all options selected?

Wipe everything and install the ROM again on 160MB and everything will work. I may decide to post a working trimmed version in a few days, but no promises.

Thank you, elrond_bs! It is clear but how to do it? :wacko: I have no Play store or Market to download TPT helper and his site is down too!

Okey gogggle is our friend so I checked the TPT helper site offline and downloaded Gen3-v2a.zip.

Fine. "Turn your phone off and take the battery out. Put the battery back in and power on holding the vol+ and menu buttons.

You should see green text appear on the screen, then once its finished you should boot into Clockwork recovery."

"Vol+" + "Power" is not enough. I tested with two cards. "Vol+" + "Menu" + "Power" is the solution and a minute battery out

Super, I have Play Store now but cannot use as phone because it does not find mobile network!

OMG!

:oHelp please...

Okey gogggle is our friend so I checked the TPT helper site offline and downloaded Gen3-v2a.zip.

Fine. "Turn your phone off and take the battery out. Put the battery back in and power on holding the vol+ and menu buttons.

You should see green text appear on the screen, then once its finished you should boot into Clockwork recovery."

"Vol+" + "Power" is not enough. I tested with two cards. "Vol+" + "Menu" + "Power" is the solution and a minute battery out

Super, I have Play Store now but cannot use as phone because it does not find mobile network!

OMG!

:oHelp please...

Your phone is gen3?

Guest Snap.IT

I move all options, Applications, Private Applications, Dalvik Cache, less Application Data, because causes instability.

Is secure move Application Data with all options selected?

Yes. There is nothing that would cause instability OR make it less secure. Whoever told you that is wrong.