[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest wookie16081965

no chance laddie just need at least 160mb or 180 or 200 mb is best.

noob question can i flash with system 138 data 315 and cache 2 please, if not how can i change it. Edited by wookie16081965

Guest TehStalker

noob question can i flash with system 138 data 315 and cache 2 please, if not how can i change it.

As said, you can't. Download blade checker from market. If it says you phone is a GEN1 or GEN2, proceed with the app TPT helper and partition with 180 mb system (to be on the safe side) and the rest for data. However be very careful when doing a TPT as it may brick the phone if you screw up. Do your research and check everything twice before you commit.

Edited by TehStalker

Guest Loren82

its an environment thing - doesn't build on fedora14/gcc 4.5, moved to debian7/gcc 4.7 and it works fine.

interestingly cm9 doesn't have the problem, builds fine on f14, so its either something specific to cm10 that requires newer features than gcc 4.5 gives, or the fix hasn't been ported from cm9 yet.

what os/gcc are you using?

$ gcc --version

gcc (Debian 4.7.1-7) 4.7.1

This is my version:

gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.1-9ubuntu3) 4.6.1

Copyright © 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Could directly upgrade to 4.7.1?. If someone has a simple guide (or some sequence of code) I would appreciate, I'm looking at some but not give me great confidence.

Edited by Loren82

Wow, I'm very happy to see that you devs have achieved to make the camera work! Now I'll (me being a camera addict) try CM10 for the first time.

Which partition layout of those is recommended? I've read different suggestions in this thread. Do I really need 210 MB system or would less be sufficient?

Edited by staud

Guest blackbart

Wow, I'm very happy to see that you devs have achieved to make the camera work! Now I'll (me being a camera addict) try CM10 for the first time.

Which partition layout of those is recommended? I've read different suggestions in this thread. Do I really need 210 MB system or would less be sufficient?

I would go with the v10f of those, 160mb for system is just a bit tight, and no need to waste space with a large cache partition. I'm using a custom TPT where system is using 160mb of the 190mb available

Guest matt4321

I've managed to fit mine into a 130MB partition, without gapps but I still have 11mb free so shouldn't be too hard. Just strip out all the system apps you don't need and languages you don't use from latinIME.apk

Guest Gunnerzz

Can i flash the 21.8 straight over the 9.8 version? saving me from doing the whole wipe thing.

EDIT: Actually might wipe and change my partition. Currently got 210mb which is a bit big i think tbh. Opinions?

Edited by Gunnerzz

I would go with the v10f of those, 160mb for system is just a bit tight, and no need to waste space with a large cache partition. I'm using a custom TPT where system is using 160mb of the 190mb available

I've managed to fit mine into a 130MB partition, without gapps but I still have 11mb free so shouldn't be too hard. Just strip out all the system apps you don't need and languages you don't use from latinIME.apk

Thank you both for your quick replies!

I have never before stripped content from ROM zips, but I'm interested in doing so. Could you give me a link or a short explanation? Just open the zip and then...? I don't wanna delete to much or the wrong things.

Guest Gunnerzz

Thank you both for your quick replies!

I have never before stripped content from ROM zips, but I'm interested in doing so. Could you give me a link or a short explanation? Just open the zip and then...? I don't wanna delete to much or the wrong things.

pretty easy. just open up the zip with winrar and get rid of the stuff you dont want. Theres a post on here somewhere about getting rid of language packs.

Guest matt4321

to get rid of language packs open up latinIME.apk in winrar or something similar. then go to /res/raw and delete the dictionaries of languages you don't need

pretty easy. just open up the zip with winrar and get rid of the stuff you dont want. Theres a post on here somewhere about getting rid of language packs.

to get rid of language packs open up latinIME.apk in winrar or something similar. then go to /res/raw and delete the dictionaries of languages you don't need

Cool. Thanks. I'm not on my own PC at the moment, but tomorrow I'll give it a shot. Is there a rule like "never delete XYZ because if you do so your phone will produce green slime"?

Edited by staud

Guest Gunnerzz

Cool. Thanks. I'm not on my own PC at the moment, but tomorrow I'll give it a shot. Is there a rule like "never delete XYZ because if you do so your phone will produce green slime"?

Use my rule, 'if you don't know what it is, leave it alone' :P

Guest matt4321

Awesome. Nah, you'll be fine. The worse that can happen is your keyboard won't work and you'll have to try again (i've done it before but you'll get the hang of it). Although if you flash the apk in clockworkmod your phone turns into a kettle. and it's irreversible, so be careful

Camera works now with apps that don't require gpu acceleration (e.g. ICS Camera, lgCamera, etc). I added a LegacyCamera to the build (it's actually camera from 4.0.4 included in jelly bean aosp sources for sdk/emulator). There's now two similar icons titled Camera in the app drawer. First one is the legacy camera app (at least it is for me :P). Stock jelly bean camera app also works from time to time. You can use it to take pictures/enter gallery/etc but preview is not working. Camcorder still doesn't work, panorama probably never.

so then

preview is not working for any camera

Guest Hack3rr

My screen is kinda flickering... in notification bar when a msg comes and it rolls upwards it looks like ghosting. Is everyone havin this prob or is it just me?

Guest wookie16081965

As said, you can't. Download blade checker from market. If it says you phone is a GEN1 or GEN2, proceed with the app TPT helper and partition with 180 mb system (to be on the safe side) and the rest for data. However be very careful when doing a TPT as it may brick the phone if you screw up. Do your research and check everything twice before you commit.

ive got blade checker it says ive got european blade atpt upgraded gen 2 phone use gen 1 style tpts so im confused how to put this rom on my blade and which tpt to use off tpt helper could you direct me please thankyou.