[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest shezar

Project Butter working ?

Did you read the first post? You should have and if you did, you could have seen that PB is listed under "Partially working". Anyways, yes, the UI is as smooth as butter.

Guest Felsch

Problem is solved after restarting. now wifi is issue for me as it is not displaying wifi network. And It also never ENDS SEARCHING wifi networks!. I AM UNABLE TO SING IN WITH GOOGLE NOR I AM ABLE TO DOWNLOAD APPS, KonstaT, Please fix this Issue at priority Target. Thank you.

I also am unable to sing with google :).

Also, Wifi isn't the only thing that will let you download stuff or access internet. consider getting a 3g connection as a smartphone without internet seems like not a smartphone. Also, as everyone else said, everything you want to say in 1 post, not millions or zillions, but just 1.

@mk89 Read the first and 3rd post and you might find a answer :o

Guest MiniDemonic

Problem is solved after restarting. now wifi is issue for me as it is not displaying wifi network. And It also never ENDS SEARCHING wifi networks!. I AM UNABLE TO SING IN WITH GOOGLE NOR I AM ABLE TO DOWNLOAD APPS, KonstaT, Please fix this Issue at priority Target. Thank you.

I am 99% sure that the error is on your end and not on KonstaT's rom.

Wifi is working for everyone here except you, this tells me that the error is from you and not from KonstaT.

Guest TehStalker

Did you read the first post? You should have and if you did, you could have seen that PB is listed under "Partially working". Anyways, yes, the UI is as smooth as butter.

Really? I have some pretty bad flickering and some lag when scrolling, especially in system menus and the launcher. Do you use any special combination of forcing GPU rendering or something to fix that?

Guest sej7278

Really? I have some pretty bad flickering and some lag when scrolling, especially in system menus and the launcher. Do you use any special combination of forcing GPU rendering or something to fix that?

i'm seeing the same problem, just installed the cm-10-20120821-KonstaKANG-blade.zip and its crazy flickery when scrolling or even clicking buttons

Guest TehStalker

activating the settings force gpu rendering and surface color banding and blur and then rebooting solved for me the flickering

That made the flickering a lot better, to the point where it is almost gone. However the interface isn't particularly smooth, although a bit more responsive and snappier in places than ICS.

Guest shezar

I have no flickering at all. I'm on 600 MHz, smartass v2, high end gfx enabled, dithering = 2, nothing graphics-related is checked in developer options. The rom is awesomely smooth on my originally gen1 blade.

Guest sej7278

That made the flickering a lot better, to the point where it is almost gone. However the interface isn't particularly smooth, although a bit more responsive and snappier in places than ICS.

i'm getting exactly the same with those settings now - flickering is gone, but its no faster than cm9

settings crashes a lot lol - cwm6 touch is nice, and s2e seems to be working better for now than link2sd was

edit: undid the settings and rebooted and it seems fine again now, possibly the defaults are wrong and so setting and unsetting the options fixed it.,,,?

edit 2: seems to eat the battery pretty badly.

Edited by sej7278

I have no flickering at all. I'm on 600 MHz, smartass v2, high end gfx enabled, dithering = 2, nothing graphics-related is checked in developer options. The rom is awesomely smooth on my originally gen1 blade.

Exactly the same config here and working perfectly as well: no crashes whatsoever, and a bit faster than cm9.

My Blade has a TFT screen, in case it might be related...?

Guest lunario

according to the dev of p500 the changes on camera should work on our blades too he will make a new thread JB camera HAL project for 2.6 kernels. A continuation of the old ICS cameraHAL

Guest matt4321

according to the dev of p500 the changes on camera should work on our blades too he will make a new thread JB camera HAL project for 2.6 kernels. A continuation of the old ICS cameraHAL

Yeah I've been tracking that thread for the past few days. Interested to see if he has managed to get all camera features working and if it's true that it can be ported to the blade. Will be watching to see the reaction of the p500 users when he releases the ROM, he says it should be very soon

EDIT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1849969

he says he'll upload the panorama fix to his github one he's finished porting the code

Edited by matt4321

Guest ..Abel..

i'm seeing the same problem, just installed the cm-10-20120821-KonstaKANG-blade.zip and its crazy flickery when scrolling or even clicking buttons

try locking and unlocking the phone ! it will be smooth! always works for me !it always flickers after rebooting ! the battery life isnt great though !

Guest ak167777

Thanks for the nice rom. but i have few noob questions~

1) The keyboard is supported voice input?

when i click on the mic, it always show the "exclamation mark"

2) Could some people teach me how to use google now? It seems not work for me ><~

do i need install any apps from market?

Guest sej7278

try locking and unlocking the phone ! it will be smooth! always works for me !it always flickers after rebooting ! the battery life isnt great though !

i've had to turn on "force gpu rendering" in the developer options, its the only thing that seems to fix it after a reboot.

also found out why my battery wasn't great and i had no balance left on my account - 3g data was turned on and it was syncing all night, didn't even know i had a data plan with this payg sim lol!

Guest kamilos

Hi.

Can someone tell me how to fix error with Google Now? it doesn't work properly when im clicking mic. icon it shows error f/e cannot understand please reply.

Have anyone working this app on that rom ? if yes please link me Velvet.apk

Guest KonstaT

EDIT: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1849969

he says he'll upload the panorama fix to his github one he's finished porting the code

90% of the stuff there/github has absolutely no relation to camera/camerahal. They've even copied the overlay headers from us(?, with added whitespaces :P). Those headers are needed to build our libcamera but they're not needed for camerahal.

Panorama mode in ICS was never an issue with camerahal (it supports it). It's a problem with our libcamera and prebuilt camera blobs. I doubt it will work for us in jelly bean either.

By the looks of it, their camera isn't any further from ours at the moment.

1) The keyboard is supported voice input?

when i click on the mic, it always show the "exclamation mark"

Will never happen, needs ARMv7 libs.

Hi.

Can someone tell me how to fix error with Google Now? it doesn't work properly when im clicking mic. icon it shows error f/e cannot understand please reply.

Have anyone working this app on that rom ? if yes please link me Velvet.apk

Will never happen, needs ARMv7 libs. You'll need to use the voice search from app drawer.

http://translate.goo...04.html&act=url

source to kernel 3.0 and omx for blade :) !!!

It's an ARMv7 device (msm7227a), doesn't help us at all.

It seems to be available for preorder in Finland (199€). :o There really isn't any bargain devices available here in Finland. Huawei U8800Pro was 159€ while back before it sold out and Huawei G300 is 199€. None of the operators here have any cheap chinese devices in their selection. Hopefully one of the operators will pick this up and starts giving it away free with contract like they did with the original Blade. ;)

Guest Snap.IT
It seems to be available for preorder in Finland (199€). :o There really isn't any bargain devices available here in Finland. Huawei U8800Pro was 159€ while back before it sold out and Huawei G300 is 199€. None of the operators here have any cheap chinese devices in their selection. Hopefully one of the operators will pick this up and starts giving it away free with contract like they did with the original Blade. ;)

Isn't that exactlly the same as the ZTE BLADE-II that is sold in Sweden, it has the exact same specs. Same chipset, same clock speed, same amount of RAM and NAND memory, same camera. https://www.comviq.se/webbutik/zte-blade-2

I was looking at an Alcatel OT-995 Ultra which costs 1499kr (about €149) but has much better specs. https://www.comviq.se/webbutik/alcatel-onetouch-995

Sadly it still has only 512MB of memory which is out of the question for me. :(

Guest KonstaT

Isn't that exactlly the same as the ZTE BLADE-II that is sold in Sweden, it has the exact same specs. Same chipset, same clock speed, same amount of RAM and NAND memory, same camera. https://www.comviq.s...tik/zte-blade-2

I was looking at an Alcatel OT-995 Ultra which costs 1499kr (about €149) but has much better specs. https://www.comviq.s...el-onetouch-995

Sadly it still has only 512MB of memory which is out of the question for me. :(

Different casing, capasitive buttons, bigger screen (4" vs 3,5"), comes with ICS - same chipset though. MSM7x27A still isn't worth 200€, it should be closer to 100€. :P

Alcatel OT-995 seems decent device for that price and I think there's already some development happening around that device.