[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Snap.IT

There is instructions in the second post for you to compile 'pure cyanogenmod' if you like - we'll never have an official build. Full CM10 build and full JB gapps won't probably even fit stock /system partition size on Blade, so...

I'm not a fan of bloat. It doesn't matter if it's bloat from your phone manufacturer, carrier or custom ROM maker.

But you are a fan of "release early, release often" which is admirable, it helps all devs when you do that.

I've been working on something completely different but since i don't want to be a Maclaw i won't even mention it until i've got something that at least has a chance of being solved.

Guest Mouli

Truly amazing, I have it installed on my spare blade. Can't wait for this rom to reach the daily driver status. A big thanks to all the devs involved.

Guest Snap.IT

I have read on some posts saying that the phone won't connect to networks unless you use command line in the terminal app. Just want to know if i can receive calls and also call someone with the latest build?

Try it and report back, do a backup before.

For christ sakes, this is pre-alpha, you can't expect to GET answers when you are a tester, you're supposed to GIVE answers.

Guest jimsie

Now about to do an install, doing a nandroid backup as we speak. Will try and report problems when they occur. Many thanks Devs. Jellybean on the blade AWESOME!

Guest Rattonboy

Try it and report back, do a backup before.

For christ sakes, this is pre-alpha, you can't expect to GET answers when you are a tester, you're supposed to GIVE answers.

I was reading what some people have wrote about the ROM and assumed that it didn't work. I will give it a go as a flash several ROMS on my phone so if it doesn't work then i'll just reflash ICS back on it. As soon as i flash it then i'll post about the network state. I know it is in pre alpha just wasn't sure if that worked. I know to not ask the Devs about any ETAs and because it probably is really annoying for them as they know all of the stuff that is working and what isn't.

Edited by Rattonboy

Guest Snap.IT

I was reading what some people have wrote about the ROM and assumed that it didn't work. I will give it a go as a flash several ROMS on my phone so if it doesn't work then i'll just reflash ICS back on it. As soon as i flash it then i'll post about the network state. I know it is in pre alpha just wasn't sure if that worked. I know to not ask the Devs about any ETAs and because it probably is really annoying for them as they know all of the stuff that is working and what isn't.

Well there you go and good on ya.

Just don't forget to make a backup and make sure it isn't a CWM6 backup.

They gave us the GPU libs though last time. We were OK on that front. :)

qualcomm have said they won't be giving us openmax drivers unfortunately, they claim that our processor won't work.

Guest Hayden3430

qualcomm have said they won't be giving us openmax drivers unfortunately, they claim that our processor won't work.

He wasn't on about the OMX Libs, they are long forgotten, we were on about the libs to get full HW acceleration.

Guest Snap.IT

Yes, everyone knows this and it's in every single thread regarding ICS and JB.

It doesn't have anything to do with the OGL accel of the UI in JB though, that is all run directly through the GPU with the drivers that are already available.

Guest Snap.IT

He wasn't on about the OMX Libs, they are long forgotten, we were on about the libs to get full HW acceleration.

Already have those.

Guest MiniDemonic

I have noticed a problem with the WiFi.

Sometimes when I try to start the Wifi it just gets stucks on "Turning on Wifi" and it's like that forever until I reboot the phone.

I noticed this when I were testing an Auto Wifi Toggle application, the app works fine and didn't have problems on ICS but after a while when the app tries to turn on Wifi it gets stuck.

The funny thing is that the code I use to check if Wifi is on or not tells me that it is on but the wifi settings screen says that it isn't.

Guest Snap.IT

Sometimes when I try to start the Wifi it just gets stucks on "Turning on Wifi" and it's like that forever until I reboot the phone.

I noticed this when I were testing an Auto Wifi Toggle application, the app works fine and didn't have problems on ICS but after a while when the app tries to turn on Wifi it gets stuck.

The funny thing is that the code I use to check if Wifi is on or not tells me that it is on but the wifi settings screen says that it isn't.

From the OP: "I'm really not interested in hearing bug reports or whining about non-working things, instead your ideas/input on the remaining issues is welcome."

If you want to test it, test it without installing anything on top of it, no one knows what your damn applications do or report and no one cares either, this is pre-alpha and what is needed is others input on solving things, not people complaining about how it doesn't work with their app.

Seriously, if you want to say something about how it doesn't work, DON'T unless you have a solution or an idea about how to solve it.

Guest flixblixclix

just type ur ssid and select security and password if so ..... manually..... do turn on and turn off twice...... will work

Guest ElrOnDPT

From the OP: "I'm really not interested in hearing bug reports or whining about non-working things, instead your ideas/input on the remaining issues is welcome."

If you want to test it, test it without installing anything on top of it, no one knows what your damn applications do or report and no one cares either, this is pre-alpha and what is needed is others input on solving things, not people complaining about how it doesn't work with their app.

Seriously, if you want to say something about how it doesn't work, DON'T unless you have a solution or an idea about how to solve it.

Be Smart, Not Hard.

Guest jimsie

Anyone else having problems with Google now (velvet.apk)? keeps fc but in notifications still get the cards. Did have it working OK in ics on cold fusion.

Guest sej7278

Did you fix the /external/srec compile error?

at the moment its just commenting out external/srec/audio/AudioIn/UNIX/Android.mk - so it the rom compiles by not compiling srec :D

Guest ElrOnDPT

If Project butter runs mostly on GPU acceleration for which we have libs, is it reasonable to assume that it will be possible to have it fully working on the Blade with all the OS rendering running on 60fps?

Guest HumaDroid

If Project butter runs mostly on GPU acceleration for which we have libs, is it reasonable to assume that it will be possible to have it fully working on the Blade with all the OS rendering running on 60fps?

Early to be asking all this.... This thread is about solving the issues with the JB for blade.. not about what the JB roms will be capable of...

Guest flixblixclix

Anyone else having problems with Google now (velvet.apk)? keeps fc but in notifications still get the cards. Did have it working OK in ics on cold fusion.

delete the velvet.apk already comes with build-reboot-then install which worked on ics-reboot..... tats it....... voice search won't work k.......

Guest flixblixclix

Be Smart, Not Hard.

hey ups..... y do u posting the same comment again and again...... i provided the solution to solve the issue he faced......

Guest MiniDemonic

He doesn't want to hear whining about non-working things, but the Wifi is listed as working and he did say in the post that input on the remaining issues is welcome.

Oh and btw, you haven't really been posting helpful posts at all, and in one of you posts you even contradicted yourself..

In that post you told someone to install the ROM and report back if the thing he asked about worked or not, but in this post you are saying that we can't post stuff like that.

You are acting like an ass in all of your post, typical 08 behavior tbh.

Now tell me honestly, what is the best thing to do?

Tell him about a problem that maybe he won't notice and thus will not get fixed.

Or act like an ass to everyone who posts?

just type ur ssid and select security and password if so ..... manually..... do turn on and turn off twice...... will work

No it doesn't work, the Wifi is stuck on the "turning on wifi" text. I can't turn it on because the button is greyed out, the only fix is to restart the phone.

Edited by MiniDemonic

Guest flixblixclix

He doesn't want to hear whining about non-working things, but the Wifi is listed as working and he did say in the post that input on the remaining issues is welcome.

Oh and btw, you haven't really been posting helpful posts at all, and in one of you posts you even contradicted yourself..

In that post you told someone to install the ROM and report back if the thing he asked about worked or not, but in this post you are saying that we can't post stuff like that.

You are acting like an ass in all of your post, typical 08 behavior tbh.

Now tell me honestly, what is the best thing to do?

Tell him about a problem that maybe he won't notice and thus will not get fixed.

Or act like an ass to everyone who posts?

No it doesn't work, the Wifi is stuck on the "turning on wifi" text. I can't turn it on because the button is greyed out, the only fix is to restart the phone.

hmmm..... y dont u flash the update again with the same build...... with data and cache wipe completely...... may solve the issue.....

Guest Rattonboy

Well there you go and good on ya.

Just don't forget to make a backup and make sure it isn't a CWM6 backup.

Flashed the ROM today and the networks settings work. I didn't delete the dalvik cache or any other data i jut flashed the ROM, then gapps and the fix. so I have the same apps as the ones i had on the ICS ROM before that. Thanks KonstaT for your work, also admired the ICS ROM because the WiFi actually connected to WiFi unlike the other CM9 ROMS out there for the ZTE BLADE. laugh.png

Guest KonstaT

New build up. I'm giving this now an alpha status. I guess truly adventurous people could use it as a daily driver but that is not recommended. I also updated the trimmed gapps package. Someone with stock partion sizes could try the full gapps package and report how Google Now, Voice search, etc is working, if at all.

cm-10-20120719-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...444vw4ir2dxghs3

md5:7d4a73348eb3639fe9998b4e76fdcbc3

gapps-jb-medium-20120717-signed.zip

http://www.mediafire...8981qlpqm8889o7

md5:b6ad806162629e457abe2d9aaeb0311d

-fixed GPS

-fixed native moving apps to sdcard

-fixed headphones and some other audio issues

-superuser should be fully working

-system size with medium gapps ~139mb

I would appreciate if someone could test bluetooth. I don't have too many bluetooth devices to play with. Pairing should work fine but I'm having some trouble with file transfers (same thing with most ROMs though). I don't have a bt-headset but I expect audio routing to be broken. Bluetooth tethering might work, or not. :P With logs please.