[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest rikfru

quick question

does your phone vibrates when you recieve a sms with the sound of the phone to the max?

my only vibrates when its on vibration mod (no sound).

thank you

Guest TehStalker

my blade also has stock part size of 210 mb. i flashed this update over the 21/08, only playstore is creating a problem, everything works fine , even youtube somewat works . so should i again install the rom by doin a clean wipe or is there any solution ?

You need to clear the data for Google Play Store and Download Manager. Settings -> Apps -> All

Guest pritect

quick question

does your phone vibrates when you recieve a sms with the sound of the phone to the max?

thank you

In the settings of the sms app you need to activate vibration on notifications

Guest mitchde

can someone tell me which is the amount of space the ROM takes in the System partition with the gapps installed?

For me it is 155 MB (shown in CM10 Settings / Partition Info)

Guest stevenf1964

Status Bar - mutiple notifications as there is no "Clear" button ??? Other than opening each one is there any way to get a clear button to appear?

Guest masterlud

The default partition layout the phone ships with is more than adequate for ICS and JB roms to fit into. You can only have problems if you have a gen1 phone, in that case you should do a gen1->gen2 tpt. To give you a full answer, any gen2 TPT with a system partition greater than 180 MB will probably be good for you.

And by the way you did not tell us, why the said package was not suitable for your needs, you only said it wasn't good. That information is pretty much useless, if you wish to recieve useful advices, you should give more information.

Thank you.

I'm sorry that I did not mention what I like in this TPT. very slow, freezes for a few seconds and starts working again. touch screen very slowly, execute commands,very difficult find wifi

Edited by masterlud

Guest KonstaT

thanks for the new update! qould it be possible to include "national data roaming", like its included in previous CM Versions? Thanks!

It seems to be under review in gerrit.

S2E says that this ANdroid Version is not supported, it worked for me in a earlier Version, any solution?

I've hacked S2E to work with jelly bean. Here is the app with instructions:

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2010659

I would also appreciate the "back to homescreen after a call" checkbox in the call settings (this one seems to be my favorite, also requested it in CM9 :D).

I got kind of used to that too. I might add it later when advanced phone settings are merged first.

After I started using the EXT partition I noticed a huge decrease in performance =(

If you move app data (/data/data) or dalvik cache/executables (/data/dalvik-cache, .dex) to ext partition - you should experience decrease in performance. :P

in latest ROM the custom brightness levels were added, but they don't work well... I changed to my usual levels but brightness is always 100

maybe there is a problem when using more than 5 brightness levels, or something else...

So this wasn't included in the previous build? And auto-brightness worked? Just trying to narrow it down...

everything is fine for me exept that when choosing auto brightness mode it just stays on 100% brightness even when i am in a dark room.

Auto-brightness doesn't work for me either. It used to work but something has broken it since.

i noticed when running a logcat via adb that no debugging comes out of the light sensor when you cover/uncover it, like it used to, so possibly it doesn't work at all now.

Light sensor works fine (tested it with androsensor).

I was wondering, is it possible to make the status bar transparent? It would look really nice!! :)

I made that mistake with my CM9 build. Not going to happen here. Yeah, it looks nice on your home screen but it looks plain awful with 90% of the apps (and it might also cause battery drain).

No, mine doesn't either. It should have been fixed though. :o

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/21112/

Status Bar - mutiple notifications as there is no "Clear" button ??? Other than opening each one is there any way to get a clear button to appear?

Clear button is the 'three horizontal lines' button at the very up-right corner. You can also clear individual notifications by wiping them to left or right (and plenty of other stuff too).

Guest dhavaljp.95

Thnks. Actually my external partition was full so it didn't allow to download , after removing some apps play store works fine

Edited by dhavaljp.95

I apologies for posting my question again but my recent question wasn't answered, The question was Is triple buffering is essential in the kernel?, if yes then whats benefit of it, The request was i think Triple buffering is causing some glitches in games so if someone could upload this rom without triple buffering in kernel so we could test it.

Guest android@sam

I apologies for posting my question again but my recent question wasn't answered, The question was Is triple buffering is essential in the kernel?, if yes then whats benefit of it, The request was i think Triple buffering is causing some glitches in games so if someone could upload this rom without triple buffering in kernel so we could test it.

Triple buffering is essential in jb roms to get project butter working means to get smoother ui.For this the graphic layer is triple rendered by CPU,GPU as well as screen. along with vsync(60 FPS refresh rate) and triple buffering you get a smoother UI.

And talking about glitches, personally i am not experiencing any type of glitches in games.Rather they run lot smoother because of triple buffering.

Triple buffering is essential in jb roms to get project butter working means to get smoother ui.For this the graphic layer is triple rendered by CPU,GPU as well as screen. along with vsync(60 FPS refresh rate) and triple buffering you get a smoother UI.

And talking about glitches, personally i am not experiencing any type of glitches in games.Rather they run lot smoother because of triple buffering.

Thanks for simple and clean answer, can you try "Glow hockey" and "pocket soccer" becuase these both gives me glitches continuously.

sincerely,

Edited by HDuser

Guest axebarauna

Can somebody tell me, is in this ROM "blank page" problem with Facebook and gmail, like it was in cm9? And how about wifi, I remember that sometimes on cm9 I get disconnected every few minutes for a few seconds

Guest KonstaT

New build. Some major progress on our device this time. I finally got rid of nasty cm9 related hacks that we still had (prebuilt gralloc and libQcomUI). Gralloc and hwcomposer are now compiled from cm10 source. But don't worry, there's still plenty of other nasty hacks left. ;) Panorama mode is now fixed in legacy camera. Preview and colors can be a bit messed up always on the first time but it should work fine after that. I also temporarily hid the icon for jelly bean camera so you'll only have one camera icon in app drawer (legacy camera). Also a lot of stuff got merged into cm10 upstream this morning. ROM and gapps from the first post will fit 160mb system partition.

cm-10-20120901-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...3wro23ofg42471q

md5:a4136228e6cc47e297bb7d3f64f76bbf

-no more prebuilt/cm9 libs

-fixed panorama mode in legacy camera

-added option to exit to home screen after a call instead of call log (Phone -> Settings -> Exit to home screen, ported from AOKP)

-plenty of merged cm10 changes (e.g. national roaming option)