[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Loren82

This is what should have been ICS from the outset, that difference at all, now the applications work without getting blank, the launcher is part of the OS, before it seemed that everything was going his own way, I hope you continue with this great work . :lol:

In wifi, it has changed anything?, We assume that everything is based on ICS, but I think it connects faster and to restart it always connects me if I leave the button in on (in ICS was completely random, sometimes started with the wifi on and others you had to put off and put it back on.

Guest sami_22

Am I too dumb to reduce the number of Homescreens? :huh:

Apart from that, good job :)

No it's not possible with the original launcher, try to use "Nova launcher" or "Apex launcher" ;-)

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

I think that if hw video acceleration is fixed on JB it will be epic because on ICS we couldn't. It's just a dream!

Guest shezar

I think that if hw video acceleration is fixed on JB it will be epic because on ICS we couldn't. It's just a dream!

Sorry to disappoint you but that will remain a dream.

Guest galorin

I've got a phone with a standard partition layout, but the full gapps will not install. It goes through the motions in CWM, but when I come to the booted ROM (Even after fixing permissions) I am missing all the usual gapps.

The medium gapps works great though (I think, not extensively used it yet), and there is excellent work here, I will keep following the development.

Guest rabaip

It's amazing that even at this early stage, it does some things better than ICS already. Recents seems much smoother whilst on ICS it lagged. Apps already open quicker than on any ICS rom. Sensors feel slightly more responsive too. Keep up the great work, guys!

Guest Spider-Vice

Nice, I'm definitely trying this, now doing my nandroid backup from CWM.

Offtopic: Does it also store SMS, btw? (The backup)

Edited by Spider-Vice

Guest SpitZen7

Nice, I'm definitely trying this, now doing my nandroid backup from CWM.

Offtopic: Does it also store SMS, btw? (The backup)

Yes, your SMS's will be saved. The location of SMS's is 'data/data/com.android.providers.telephony'

Guest Spider-Vice

Ok thank you, the ROM looks great, except it's slow but I'm not whining, after all it's pre-alpha (?). Keep up the good work though!

Guest philtherush

First of all great ROM, great work!

I think it's faster and smoother than ICS.

But have anynone of you the issue that there are no ringtones and notifications sounds anymore (after flashing the latest update 19/07 and full gapps)?

Native A2SD works fine and battery life is the same as it was in cm9.

Guest Spider-Vice

For me it's not faster or smoother than ICS, it's pretty sluggish but I guess that's due to the lack of drivers (?)? Anyway does anyone know how I can delete APN's or isn't that implemented yet?

Guest Hayden3430

The music app is fully working?

Using latest version of Google Play Music here :)

- stock app fine though -

Edited by Hayden3430

Guest philtherush

philtherush: Restart your phone, it worked for me.

Thanks, it also worked for me.

But one time i got a force close when i wanted to change the notification tone.

Guest ddudas

It's not a major issue, but an interesting one. There is no bootanimation.zip in rom, but I tried to copy one to system/media. After reboot the added bootanimation started, then caused a nice bootloop. Has anyone the same problem?

Guest matcho13579
It's not a major issue, but an interesting one. There is no bootanimation.zip in rom, but I tried to copy one to system/media. After reboot the added bootanimation started, then caused a nice bootloop. Has anyone the same problem?

Bootanimation is causing a bootloop, so don't use it...

Guest Loren82

Before I had a problem, i got solved, now the time to compile, I get an error before using "make bacon" this is what I get in terminal:

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10/vendor/cm# cd ~/cm10/

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10# . build/envsetup.sh && lunch cm_blade-userdebug

including device/generic/armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh

including device/generic/armv7-a/vendorsetup.sh

including device/ti/panda/vendorsetup.sh

including device/zte/blade/vendorsetup.sh

including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh

including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash

Looking for dependencies

Dependencies file not found, bailing out.

============================================

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL

PLATFORM_VERSION=4.1.1

TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_blade

TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug

TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release

TARGET_BUILD_APPS=

TARGET_ARCH=arm

TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp

HOST_ARCH=x86

HOST_OS=linux

HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.0.0-12-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-11.10-oneiric

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release

BUILD_ID=JRO03C

OUT_DIR=out

============================================

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10# make bacon -j8

I guess the error is in "Dependencies file not found, bailing out", anyone has any ideas for a possible solution?

Guest KonstaT

I guess the error is in "Dependencies file not found, bailing out", anyone has any ideas for a possible solution?

It's not an error, just ignore it.

It's because I removed cm.depedencies file. It would have you downloaded you the ICS kernel source from CM github that doesn't even compile with JB toolchain.

Guest KonstaT

Just thought I would let u know some problem I've faced:

- Had a few colour banding issues

- Red battery indicator doesn't seem to show when charging or low battery

- None of the notification setting under system work

- Screen On/Off animations setting not working properly

The last two are probably related to cyanogenmod development but I think colour banding is related to device as this was present in ICS at early stages.

-Settings -> Performance -> Surface dithering -> Fix color banding and blur effect

-It used to work but it broke when first batch of CM features was merged

-first batch of CM settings was just merged and many of them don't work properly yet

-see above, it could be also related to hwacc not working properly

1st of all great work on porting CM10 in Zte blade. 2nd i have few requests:

1.Make the rom which could use less system partition so we could install more apps on phone memory.

2.Make FM radio working.

1. This ROM is already stripped to almost bare minimum. There's some stuff I need to add back later (e.g. dictionaries). There is a strange issue with keyboard. It uses the same dictionary as system language - not according to your keyboard layout (doesn't work well for me, because I have english as system language and finnish keyboard layout -> english dictionary).

2. FM radio is probably the last thing that gets added. It really isn't on top of anyone's priority list. We'll see if CM team will ever add support for it.

Guest Rounak

Was using CFX, came across your ROM. Flashed it, and noticed a few things are broken:

1. Power widget in the notification bar is missing (although it's enabled)
  2. Battery indicator in percentage doesn't work.
  3. Google Now keeps FCing.
  4. A2SD doesn't work :/ the ROM doesn't recognise the ext-4 partition I've created (yes, I did flash Dark Tremor script, and CFX recognises it.)

Any help?

Guest KonstaT

Was using CFX, came across your ROM. Flashed it, and noticed a few things are broken:

1. Power widget in the notification bar is missing (although it's enabled)
  2. Battery indicator in percentage doesn't work.
  3. Google Now keeps FCing.
  4. A2SD doesn't work :/ the ROM doesn't recognise the ext-4 partition I've created (yes, I did flash Dark Tremor script, and CFX recognises it.)

Any help?

Did you even bother reading the first or last post before posting? This ROM is still work in progress in every level!

1. Power widget got merged yesterday

2. First batch of CM settings was just merged and many of them don't work properly yet

3. Google Now needs some extra hacks to work. See here.

4. Haven't tested any a2sd solution yet, but I'd still recommend S2E instead.