[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, that "prepare for fm radio", are working to get FM radio may have the rom?. That would be the bomb!

No, not really. It's there only because it doesn't break anything. :P I had a quick look earlier and it wasn't as straight forward as I was hoping for. Got it as far as everything compiling and radio is actually switched on in kernel but nothing is happening in the audio system. I can write a summary post if someone wants to have a crack at it.

Hi, KonstaT, could you help me a little with data usage? It's missing from the settings although it's working fine on CM9 with basically the same kernel. Any ideas about what could I be missing?

https://github.com/Jellaxy/android_kernel_samsung_msm7x27/commit/410dcb6221124e7f9c9c31b2df35f76a0d0fcd28

https://github.com/Jellaxy/android_kernel_samsung_msm7x27/commit/36712c06e049e812d8cceeff679a78184b30d255

Any specific reason you've reverted these? Data usage statistics completely rely on that xt_qtaguid module. Data usage is hidden from settings if that is not available.

Guest mikeb90

Guys i didn't understand if this ROM has a better usability than the previous release, 'couse i was wondering about installing the old IceCreamSandwich release by KonstaT, becouse of the too many reboots.... thanks in advance

instagram is not working in this rom due to a permission bug. it freezes after the photo selection / shot. after a cwm fix permissions it will be working for just one time, and you have to fix permissions again.. so i downgraded to cm7.2.. :( btw cool rom, except this and the touchscreen sensitivity / bugs.

Guest uncle.uncle

Ive installed this ROM and i must say its given my Blade a new life, Absolutely brilliant.

I am having a problem getting S2E to work. I have downloaded the S2E JB and installed but everything is greyed out. I have ticked "Mount to ext4" and rebooted. I have also downloaded and installed the latest CWM 6.0.1.1 and ran the Format SD-EXT but it shows an error when trying to perform the format, the error is " No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext."

I must be missing something somewhere as i have following the instruction shown in the forum to get this working but it is still greyed out.

Any Ideas.

Unce

Guest jimwormold

Ive installed this ROM and i must say its given my Blade a new life, Absolutely brilliant.

I am having a problem getting S2E to work. I have downloaded the S2E JB and installed but everything is greyed out. I have ticked "Mount to ext4" and rebooted. I have also downloaded and installed the latest CWM 6.0.1.1 and ran the Format SD-EXT but it shows an error when trying to perform the format, the error is " No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext."

I must be missing something somewhere as i have following the instruction shown in the forum to get this working but it is still greyed out.

Any Ideas.

Unce

Probably a stupid question, but have you actually created an ext4 partition on your sd-card for S2E to use? It doesn't create it for you.

Guest probals

Just shifted from your CM9, KonstaT and I'm absolutely loving this. Thanks!

Just wish Google Now would be useable.. but we have JB on a 100 GBP phone, so no complaints honestly.

Cheers!

P

KonstaT,

I admire your work! :) I have used your MMHP, SS, ICS, and now I'm running your JB and all of them are just great!

I just wish the camcorder in JB would be fixed and usable eventually...

Guest TheWhisp

No, not really. It's there only because it doesn't break anything. I had a quick look earlier and it wasn't as straight forward as I was hoping for. Got it as far as everything compiling and radio is actually switched on in kernel but nothing is happening in the audio system. I can write a summary post if someone wants to have a crack at it.

https://github.com/J...f35f76a0d0fcd28

https://github.com/J...79a78184b30d255

Any specific reason you've reverted these? Data usage statistics completely rely on that xt_qtaguid module. Data usage is hidden from settings if that is not available.

I'm using https://github.com/TheWhisp/android_kernel_samsung_msm7x27 and it has those 2 commits. On ICS, it's kind of working (shows which apps use data) But graph is all blue and the blue line is barely visible, but I assume that is because of LDPI/QVGA screen.

Guest KonstaT

I'm using https://github.com/T...samsung_msm7x27 and it has those 2 commits. On ICS, it's kind of working (shows which apps use data) But graph is all blue and the blue line is barely visible, but I assume that is because of LDPI/QVGA screen.

Yeah, I still think it might be something with that xt_qtaguid in kernel. Where/what device/kernel version did you cherry-pick that? I've been fortunate enough not have to deal with that myself. :) Tom G (our CM7 maintainer) has ported it from CAF that and even arcee has done some 2.6.35 adaptation for it.

You can at least unhide it from settings if you comment out that one line. Then you'd be able to see if it works to ICS standards even if it isn't perfectly set up in kernel.

+1 all gapp gone as well

Now that you say it.... All gapps are gone.

Explains the missing contacts, too.

updated yesterday and everything's still there. you must have done something wrong

I just installed the new ROM from SD-Card, as usual.

Would I need a new version of ClockworkMod? I stll run 5.0.2.0

^^ Shouldn't make a difference. I use the same version of CWM.

I just installed the 10/10 zip directly from the SD card using CWM. But wiped the Dalvik cache first. During first start-up, the screen did flash this message "Android is Upgrading", which took about 5-10 minutes. That's it !!

Phone's been running perfectly since then.

Guest cowscrubber

My status bar doesn't go all the way down to the bottom. It leaves a small gap between the bottom of the pull-down thing and the navigation bar.

Am I the only one who experiences this?

^^ Shouldn't make a difference. I use the same version of CWM.

I just installed the 10/10 zip directly from the SD card using CWM. But wiped the Dalvik cache first. During first start-up, the screen did flash this message "Android is Upgrading", which took about 5-10 minutes. That's it !!

Phone's been running perfectly since then.

Why would you wipe the Dalvik-cache? I thought it would be rebuilt during the update, anyway...

Guest uncle.uncle

Probably a stupid question, but have you actually created an ext4 partition on your sd-card for S2E to use? It doesn't create it for you.

No its not a stupid question, how do i create the ext4 partition on the sd-card. Knew i was missing something

Why would you wipe the Dalvik-cache? I thought it would be rebuilt during the update, anyway...

This is the first time i was flashing an update directly so searched around on the method for the same. A few recommended wiping Dalvik, while many others did not. I did it anyways and have no problems at all. Nothings disappeared or has problems with working.

This is the first time i was flashing an update directly so searched around on the method for the same. A few recommended wiping Dalvik, while many others did not. I did it anyways and have no problems at all. Nothings disappeared or has problems with working.

Aha, Thanks. Still trying to figure out some Android basics.

Aha, Thanks. Still trying to figure out some Android basics.

Same here mate. I learn new things upon each visit to this thread :).

Hope you've taken a nandroid back up though. Doing so literally gives you a free hand at trying out different things.

New build.

cm-10-20121010-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...dzfciyvyfjfvp5c

md5:4ac7360236613adedb103920ca2726f7

-Android 4.1.2

-fixed notification blur

-Allow airplane and silent power toggle (1,2)

Oi you lot !!! how come you dont click the vote button ? get it clicked now you rabble :P

Edited by emotty