[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

The Picture Gallery (Gallery2.apk) still does not sync with Google Picasa. Is there any reason why you don't include different version that can sync with your Google account?

Guest hthompson

I couldn't get my 3g internet to connect using the most recent versions (16 or 17). Should have got a logcat of it, which I'll do later. :blush:

However, attached is a logcat of the old version 10/10, losing the connection when I attempt to download / update from the play store. Happens every time, so hopefully some more intelligent people than me can decipher what's going on!

Sounds like my experience with first KonstaK 10.... Problem in my case was caused by installing on top of quite old (based on Cyanogenmod 7.2) KonstaK version w/o wiping first. After backup, did recommended wipe, clean install, problem gone! Hope this helps

I'm struggling to get Wifi Tethering to work with encryption (not just on the latest build - I've had the same issue with the last few builds). I'm using Wifi Tether for Root Users, and enabling encryption, but when I start the hotspot I get a toast message saying that "Tethering started with errors!". The log shows that "Activating encryption (iwconfig)" has failed.

I've tried lots of different settings with no success. Is anyone else using tethering with encryption? If so, what settings are you using?

Thanks!

Guest 陰莖:)

I'm struggling to get Wifi Tethering to work with encryption (not just on the latest build - I've had the same issue with the last few builds). I'm using Wifi Tether for Root Users, and enabling encryption, but when I start the hotspot I get a toast message saying that "Tethering started with errors!". The log shows that "Activating encryption (iwconfig)" has failed.

I've tried lots of different settings with no success. Is anyone else using tethering with encryption? If so, what settings are you using?

Thanks!

Yes, and works very nice.

Guest gunapriyan

I am using CWM 6.0.1.1 (Touch)...I hope that is latest....

And I had installed 16/10 without any problem...

I don't know why its only for 17/10....

Please advise me...

Status 7 error's most common reasons are:

- not enough space on system partition (rumours, never experienced by myself)

- your CWM recovery is an old one, which version do you use?

Guest lector.pt

I am using CWM 6.0.1.1 (Touch)...I hope that is latest....

And I had installed 16/10 without any problem...

I don't know why its only for 17/10....

Please advise me...

Maybe is your download corrupted. Check md5 or download again.

Hey guys, quick question:

I can't figure out how to edit a contact in the list, after installing this rom. I've tried long-pressing the contact (which gets you a list of options in Froyo, which I had last), but nothing happens. Is this some bug in the rom/gapps, or am I just too dumb for this?

Guest cowscrubber

Hey guys, quick question:

I can't figure out how to edit a contact in the list, after installing this rom. I've tried long-pressing the contact (which gets you a list of options in Froyo, which I had last), but nothing happens. Is this some bug in the rom/gapps, or am I just too dumb for this?

Tap the contact to open it, then tap the button with the three dots on the upper right corner. That should open a menu with "edit" as one of the choices.

Guest The Guvnor

Hi, Is there any blank screen problems with Facebook and gmail app in this ROM

I've not had it at all since moving to this from ICS. Maybe thats just me tho.

re Swapping internal partition to external SD card

Thanks to Schwinni, Snap.IT, b4da55, for there replies :) :)

Thanks also to KonstaT & sej7278 - I have been using there roms for approx 2 years now :D :D

Sorry for the delay in this reply - I have been reading up lots of the suggestions you have made!

On my Zte Blade, there is 160mb system partition, 294mb data partition and 2mb cache. I also have a 16gb sd card with 2 partitions (1st partition is 15gb fat 32, & 2nd partition is 1gb ext3).

I have used links2sd to move apk file, dalvik-cache (.dex) file and lib files to the ext3 partition on the sd card. It does not move the application's private data files.

Hence I have found the internal data partition of 294mb gets full with app private data files - and then I get low space warnings! I have also tried app2sd with even more low space warnings.

If the ExtSd2InternalSd (see http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1772234, and its app - https://play.google.....int2ext&rdot=1) works on Zte Blade then the system would see the external sd card as 294mb and the internal partition as 15GB (ie the internal data partition looks to be swapped with the real external sd card). Has anyone successfully tried this?

Next I am intending to install cm-10-20121017-KonstaKANG-blade.zip. Given your comments I will try "simple2ext-v7-jb.zip" with it.

Unless someone has a better solution?

Ta

Guest Snap.IT

re Swapping internal partition to external SD card

Thanks to Schwinni, Snap.IT, b4da55, for there replies :) :)

Thanks also to KonstaT & sej7278 - I have been using there roms for approx 2 years now :D :D

Sorry for the delay in this reply - I have been reading up lots of the suggestions you have made!

On my Zte Blade, there is 160mb system partition, 294mb data partition and 2mb cache. I also have a 16gb sd card with 2 partitions (1st partition is 15gb fat 32, & 2nd partition is 1gb ext3).

I have used links2sd to move apk file, dalvik-cache (.dex) file and lib files to the ext3 partition on the sd card. It does not move the application's private data files.

Hence I have found the internal data partition of 294mb gets full with app private data files - and then I get low space warnings! I have also tried app2sd with even more low space warnings.

If the ExtSd2InternalSd (see http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1772234, and its app - https://play.google.....int2ext&rdot=1) works on Zte Blade then the system would see the external sd card as 294mb and the internal partition as 15GB (ie the internal data partition looks to be swapped with the real external sd card). Has anyone successfully tried this?

Next I am intending to install cm-10-20121017-KonstaKANG-blade.zip. Given your comments I will try "simple2ext-v7-jb.zip" with it.

Unless someone has a better solution?

Ta

It won't work on the blade, it is however really easy to just make a loop file on the sdcard and mount that file as /data via the init.rc.

S2E works fine but it requires that you have an ext partition on your sdcard so if you want to use it you will need to partition your sdcard.

Guest sej7278

Just a quick (and almost sure answered) question: do install this new gapps package, do we have to wipe data?

no, just wipe /system, install the rom, then install gapps.

Guest jonmac73

S2E v3.0.0 with native CM10 support:

simple2ext-v7-jb.zip

https://docs.google....m4tejhQaFU/edit

If you want to install it you can use the s2e.apk from the zip file instead of flashing it after each update.

Hi - is this the same as the one posted by Konsta labelled as 'hack' ? does it need 'hacking' too ?

anyone tried it and working ?

what does it give over current ver ?

Also on S2E, once I've done the initial install and move apps subsequent apps seem to install to system. How do I move them to S2E again as the original option is greyed out ? Have manually moved to SDcard under manage apps for time being.

Edited by jonmac73

Hi - is this the same as the one posted by Konsta labelled as 'hack' ? does it need 'hacking' too ?

anyone tried it and working ?

what does it give over current ver ?

Kostat and i did the same hack to get the previous version of s2e working on cm10. But this is not modified, it's the version from the play market and don't need any modifications for cm10.

You can simply flash the file or extract the s2e.apk from the zip and install it directly. If you install the s2e.apk without flashing, it will reside on the "/data/app" folder otherwise it will be in "/system/app" and use space of your system partition. If you're not sure if you have enough free space you should extract the s2e.apk and install it(or download it from the market).

I've set up my girlfriends phone yesterday and it worked like a charm. If you have any trouble setting up s2e you can write me an pm.

Changelog:

- Better compatibility with cm7

- Fix "script not instaled" on cm7

- Support CM10

- View and share boot log from application

- Performance and stability improvements

- Autodetect ext partition

- Light theme

- Added Indonesian translation

Added simple2ext-v8-jb.zip which includes v3.0.2 of s2e.

Edited by XeS0r

Guest xlcazale

Hello,

Firstly I'd like to say thanks for all those working to develop nice ROMs the blade.

I have attempted to migrate from ICS (burstlam ROM 6.8) to JB (Konsta 20121017 ROM).

This post is to report the bugs I noted.

Device info: Blade with System partition around 175MB

Flashed with CWM. Everything went fine.

Main issue:

Alarm does not sound. when selecting a ringtone, no sound comes out of the phone. Tried reboot. Tried all kinds of sound settings. Reflashed from 20121015 ROM to 20121017 ROM.

At first, this also happened for SMS notification sounds but a reboot did fix it. I have not been able to find a fix for this alarm sound bug. I almost missed waking up the first morning ;) so I flashed back since.

One other comment (rather a 'nice to have'): on the lockscreen 'targets' to choose from, I could not find how to pick 'sound toggle' to switch between different sound modes. Did I miss something ?

thanks again. I'll stay tuned and will try future updates.

Regards,

Xavier

Guest jonmac73

XeSOr - Thanks for quick & helpful reply.

So should I just install this over current 'hack' version ? Or uninstall then install.......

Edited by jonmac73