[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest mnsg1975

same here! internet connection breaks when phone is idle and data connection is turned off. I can turn it on again, but it can not send or receive data. Same issue with enabled GPS, sometimes data connection is lost and cant be restored.

About the GPS you can use Keep My GPS Alive. It's very annoying when the GPS turns off while the phone idles. This little app keeps the GPS always on.

Guest judas1977

Same here, most annoying.

Yes, I have this too. Sometimes switching to Aeroplane mode and back fixes it.... sometimes not. Lets all see if we can get a logcat to KonstaT

[Tutorial 1] How to get a Logcat : http://forum.samdroi...ery-drain-2543/

[Tutorial 2] How To Logcat : http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1726238

Yup, same here. I have this issue when turning off WiFi. Sometimes the internet connection also breaks when the phone is idle for several hours.

Only a reboot helps.

Device is TPTed Gen2.

same here! internet connection breaks when phone is idle and data connection is turned off. I can turn it on again, but it can not send or receive data. Same issue with enabled GPS, sometimes data connection is lost and cant be restored.

I'm suffering with this issue too (not just on latest version of this ROM - I think it has existed since day 1). Glad to hear others reporting it too, hopefully between us we can find the cause...

Hmm... Did anyone try latest burstlam's build of cm10 to check if that issue exists? If not - maybe it will help to track the cause of that bug...

Guest herzblutnord

Just want to tell, i use this ROM since 13.08. Build, with two phones (Original ZTE Blade (gen2) and Orange San Francisco (gen1-> gen2)) and had never any issues with internet (wifi/3g/2g....) i did no wipe since 13.08... maybe you guys use another version of the blade? or maybe this is only a issue with people who didnt updated from an older build, wasnt there already a issue that happened only to people using a newer version of this rom after a full wipe? (sorry for my bad english)

Edited by herzblutnord

Guest gerhardo

Yeah but there is nothing that suddenly decides to wipe /sd-ext for no good reason all of a sudden (this is impossible, there are no format or delete commands when you do this so it didn't happen) so something must be wrong and i like it better when i know what went wrong.

So you are saying that you reset all the settings before reboot (including ext4 setting in advanced)? And it did what after reboot? Did it try to move the apps into /data or were they just missing? Did you check to see if s2e had the options checked after reboot?

I did not keep good notes, unfortunately. But I checked the settings after installing 3.0.x and they were lost _then_. Could have been before upgrading, but I had all /sd-ext applications then. After reboot, there were no apps to move from /data to /sd-ext, but s2e tried.

Backup/restore is almost automatic for me now, I had a 160MiB /system partition with 09.28 that gave me various strange behavior.

Maybe it is the Blade sd-card reader that that occasionally fails. The phone reset occasionally with a noname 4GB card (with stock and Swedish Snow). The current SanDisk 8GB class 4 has not shown that behavior, but I saw once that there were bad blocks found when mounting /sd-ext.

So until I keep tighter notes, I blame hardware.But if someone else see the behaviour, we should investigate, there are SW involved.

Guest KonstaT

When pressing the clock in the notification drawer it should take you to an alarm app. Instead I get a "No apps can perform this action". Anyone experiencing this? I have the original clock app and Alarm clock plus installed. Pressing the date takes me to the calendar as expected.

Appears to do so if you have more than one alarm app installed.

The patches in the first post were indeed not "installed" in my previous version. I usually do "repo sync -d" which uncommits changes not in the cm10 server, so, I thought I had them in the first time, but not. I've now compiled and the UI is much smoother.

The only thing which seems to have broken since my last week attempt is the camera for photos. With the latest "repo sync" done today, it only appears a white screen in the camera live preview.. Maybe someone broke it in any commit! :)

Those hacks break camera preview on the regular jellybean camera app. That's exactly the reason we're using LegacyCamera instead.

Just want to tell, i use this ROM since 13.08. Build, with two phones (Original ZTE Blade (gen2) and Orange San Francisco (gen1-> gen2)) and had never any issues with internet (wifi/3g/2g....)

Same here. I've never been able to reproduce the connection drop reported here (either with CM9 or CM10). It might be something related to your carrier/APNs. One thing you could test is remove singlepdp from RIL features so that the line in build.prop looks like this:

ro.telephony.ril.v3=icccardstatus,datacall,signalstrength,facilitylock[/CODE]

Hi, what "working" USB tethering app actually works on this rom? As none of them apps work for me..

Thanks

I haven't tested any but it's been confirmed few times that it should work third party apps. I did some cleanups while back and you might have to now manually bring up the interface if the app doesn't know how ('su' and 'ifconfig usb0 up' in terminal).

Same here. I've never been able to reproduce the connection drop reported here (either with CM9 or CM10). It might be something related to your carrier/APNs. One thing you could test is remove singlepdp from RIL features so that the line in build.prop looks like this:

I've just made this change to my build.prop. I'll leave it for a day or two and report back whether it helps.

Guest steeperton

Changing build.prop, no joy - still happens. However, I pushed apns-conf.xls from CM7 (which does work fine), to this ROM, then restored defaults. Result? No APNs in list... So I manually created it, with the details from apn-conf.xls (Virgin UK). saved. And it disappears! After fiddling, it's due to the MNC - set to 30, and it's fine. 32 (as per CM7 apn-conf.xls), and it's blank.

Using the APN details provided on Virgin's site, manually entered, I get the dropped connections. Also worth noting, that the provider name on the notifications screen is always "no internet connection" (or sometimes "no service"), even when there is a connection.

Could be completely unrelated, but worth a try! Some googling suggests replacing the RIL with the previously working one, but I assume that doesn't work, due to the changes CM7->CM10. And I've got no idea how to do it, either!

Edited by steeperton

I have an HTC Diamond which has 4GB internal memory which is actually an SD card soldered to the motherboard. So it is not impossible to have an SD card in other devices

Thats mad!

....One thing you could test is remove singlepdp from RIL features so that the line in build.prop looks like this:

tested it and seems to work... no data connection loss when using an App with GPS... strange, but thank you ;)

Guest steeperton

Changing build.prop, no joy - still happens. However, I pushed apns-conf.xls from CM7 (which does work fine), to this ROM, then restored defaults. Result? No APNs in list... So I manually created it, with the details from apn-conf.xls (Virgin UK). saved. And it disappears! After fiddling, it's due to the MNC - set to 30, and it's fine. 32 (as per CM7 apn-conf.xls), and it's blank.

Using the APN details provided on Virgin's site, manually entered, I get the dropped connections. Also worth noting, that the provider name on the notifications screen is always "no internet connection" (or sometimes "no service"), even when there is a connection.

Could be completely unrelated, but worth a try! Some googling suggests replacing the RIL with the previously working one, but I assume that doesn't work, due to the changes CM7->CM10. And I've got no idea how to do it, either!

OK ignore all that waffle, removing "singlepdp" from build.prop, as well as adding "supl" to my APN type, seems to have fixed it.

Thanks KonstaT

Edited by steeperton

OK ignore all that waffle, removing "singlepdp" from build.prop, as well as adding "supl" to my APN type, seems to have fixed it.

Thanks KonstaT

Yep, 24 hours since I changed my build.prop to remove singlepdp and I haven't lost my data connection yet. Not 100% conclusive, but looks promising so far.

Guest chall32

OK - I'll be the first to bite....

Looking at this, http://www.h-online....de-1735262.html it looks like the Raspberry Pi's graphics stack has been open sourced. What has that to do with us?

Well, according to http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs :

Does it [Raspberry Pi] have an official programming language?

By default, we’ll be supporting Python as the educational language.

Any language which will compile for ARMv6 can be used with the Raspberry Pi, though; so you’re not limited to using Python.

So does this help us with HD video under Android? http://www.theverge....spberry-pi-port

The github is here: https://github.com/r...errypi/userland

This repository contains the source code for the ARM side libraries used on Raspberry Pi. These typically are installed in /opt/vc/lib and includes source for the ARM side code to interface to: EGL, mmal, GLESv2, vcos, openmaxil, vchiq_arm, bcm_host, WFC, OpenVG.

Forgive me if I'm talking rubbish here!!!

Removing "singlepdp" seems to work for me too!

now I must know what "singlepdp" does

I was also curious and found this:

https://github.com/bleeding-rom/android_frameworks_base/commit/49796c514fedabf8bfc719607b5f7659597e41c7

Not sure I understand this but it seems like some devices need "singlepdp" for some kind of backward compatibility. Maybe this is totally unrelated and I have no idea what I'm talking about :)

Guest TehStalker

KonstaT, please read the thread of your CM9, CM9 Ganster GOT compile a youtube in which works perfectly in HQ

Absolutely amazing. I never though I would see the day, but I flashed it myself, and it does indeed work just as well as it did in Gingerbread.

I am not sure when it was fixed, but Gansters ROM also has working Bluetooth on GEN 3 with the usual GEN 3 .zip!

Guest KonstaT

does this kernel support linux swap partition

Yes.

KonstanT, please add a mod to change the opacity of status bar!

It's not going to happen. I guess you have to do it yourself, submit it to gerrit and wait for it to get merged into CM. ;)

I added it for my CM9 build and it was a mistake. It can cause battery drain and it just looks plain awful with 90% of the apps while you're using them.

Absolutely amazing. I never though I would see the day, but I flashed it myself, and it does indeed work just as well as it did in Gingerbread.

I am not sure when it was fixed, but Gansters ROM also has working Bluetooth on GEN 3 with the usual GEN 3 .zip!

Still not quite the same thing. :P

Bluetooth with gen3 has never been an issue afaik.

Bluetooth with gen3 has never been an issue afaik.

This is what happens when i try to activate Bluetooth on my gen3 device:

D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine(  310): PowerOff process message: 1

D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine(  310): Bluetooth state 10 -> 11

I/bluedroid(  310): Starting hciattach daemon

I/ActivityManager(  310): Start proc com.android.bluetooth for broadcast com.android.bluetooth/.pbap.BluetoothPbapReceiver: pid=30026 uid=10044 gids={3003, 3002, 3001, 1015, 1028}

E/Trace   (30026): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

I/ActivityThread(30026): Pub com.android.bluetooth.opp: com.android.bluetooth.opp.BluetoothOppProvider

V/BluetoothMasReceiver(30026): BluetoothMasReceiver onReceive :android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED

E/BluetoothMasReceiver(30026): BluetoothMasReceiver onReceive :android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED

D/BluetoothMasReceiver(30026): Bluetooth STATE CHANGED to 11

E/qcom-bluetooth(30043): /system/etc/init.bt.sh: Bluetooth QSoC firmware download failed: exit code 1

D/LocalBluetoothManager(27779): setting foreground activity to null