[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest martin9959

Hi. Do you know if CSipSimple is working with the latest rom? I've tried with an old version and it kept on crashing.

I use nightly build 0.04-05 r1978 and it works fine for me (needs Audio troubleshooting -> Audio Implementation -> Java).

Guest bezerra

KonstaT, can you test my latest improvements on CM10? You can find info on XDA, UPD5 section of first post. I was test it on CM9 only, and it works great :)

Ganster can i flash the zip file via CWM on my cm10konstakang rom?

Guest Ganster

Its not flashable zip. You can replace your libs manually, but for get working extended extractor, libstagefright patch needed. So, wait new build from KonstaT.

Guest bezerra

Its not flashable zip. You can replace your libs manually, but for get working extended extractor, libstagefright patch needed. So, wait new build from KonstaT.

Ok thanks Ganster! great work ;)

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, can you test my latest improvements on CM10? You can find info on XDA, UPD5 section of first post. I was test it on CM9 only, and it works great :)

I tested video playback with your latest commit and libs. I was able play xvid clip on MX player using hw decoder (it was a bit pixelated/blurry and software decoder did actually better job with it). I couldn't play clip with DX50 codec, still haven't found/tested an actual divx clip. H264/MPEG4 AVC clips in avi container couldn't be played using hardware decoder. WMV videos couldn't be played (probably weren't even supposed to), didn't test WMA audio clips. Haven't seen/heard anyone using RealMedia since 1990's. ;)

Where are these updated libs pulled from (what device/update)? There's even few new ones that we didn't previously have. I would just like know before I push them to my github. :)

Guest Ganster

Some clips can not play for more reasons.

It can has audio in AC3 format, and we haven't decoder for it.

It can be encoded in profile higher than decoder supports(simple for MPEG4 ASP, and baseline for AVC).

It can be encoded with unsupported DivX/XviD features, like Bvop, QPel, GMC... Don't know what of this are supported.

But that support are same as in phones with correct stagefright-enabled official Gingerbread. So, its maximum what we can get from our QDSP :)

Yes, WMV are still not play. Don't know why. More work needed to understand what we missing for init it.

Where I take it? See that thread, this user are help me with it :)

Guest nikolaySe

Hi Ganster,

Please tell me the best quality coding options our blade supported for hw decoding.

I would like to encode hd video on PC using ffmpeg or Prism video converter and I need to know the best quality options to play without issues on device.

I prefer use native device resolution to encode to but I can not find good encoder.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Nik

Guest Ganster

I use that for ffmpeg(its windows bath-file format):

ffmpeg -i %1 -threads 2 -r 24 -f mp4 -s 800x480 -b 1024k -aspect 16:9 -vcodec libxvid -ar 44100 -ab 128k -ac 2 -acodec aac -strict experimental %1.mp4

You can use libfaac for audio, if experimental aac encoder are not implemented in your ffmpeg.

For video you can use mpeg4 encoder too, but it gives not good quality. And of course you can use x264 encoder with baseline profile, but it hardly to configure.

Guest nikolaySe

I use that for ffmpeg(its windows bath-file format):

ffmpeg -i %1 -threads 2 -r 24 -f mp4 -s 800x480 -b 1024k -aspect 16:9 -vcodec libxvid -ar 44100 -ab 128k -ac 2 -acodec aac -strict experimental %1.mp4

You can use libfaac for audio, if experimental aac encoder are not implemented in your ffmpeg.

For video you can use mpeg4 encoder too, but it gives not good quality. And of course you can use x264 encoder with baseline profile, but it hardly to configure.

thanks, Ganster! It works for me!

This is just a guess, but xvid/divx video encapsulated in AVI containers might be problematic due to the strange and non standard way b-frames have to be stored. This is not an issue with MKV or MP4.

Anyway, nice work Ganster! By the way, can you explain why MDP composition is so beneficial on our SoC? Does the GPU hit the fillrate limit when it's used for composition as well as rendering? I thought support for all those proprietary 2D accelerators was dropped in Froyo.

Guest The-HUN

Version of 18-11: not bad... almost usable, but I have seen some issues:

- GPS is invisible for myTracks... a few other application (Endomondo, g:hu) works fine, but myTracks says: no GPS device at all!

- Still a bit slower (than in GB) changing the applications

- After a few hours it has been frozen when I open the Nova launchers menu. There was also a very slow period, when all worked, but with some 10 seconds of waits!

Guest James Horny

- GPS is invisible for myTracks... a few other application (Endomondo, g:hu) works fine, but myTracks says: no GPS device at all!

- After a few hours it has been frozen when I open the Nova launchers menu. There was also a very slow period, when all worked, but with some 10 seconds of waits!

My advice.

Revert back to GB, if JB not usable to you. <_<

Guest jpdoliveira

Go to GPS defenitions and in Source of GPS see if you got the Use Internal GPS active.

Guest jeeyi345

my advice: try sio in performance>I/O scheduler, works for me.

My problem is Youtube HQ works, but MX player, Mobo player's HW doesn't

Anyone know a way to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Edited by jeeyi345

Guest elrond_bs

@The-HUN: Strange, I've been using it for 5 days and it was never slow nor I saw any freezes with Nova. Not just usable - almost perfect in any aspect, except autobrightness doesn't work (I'll post a logcat later) and some older games claim I don't have sd card (I investigated that and will post later, possibly easy to fix)

This is just a guess, but xvid/divx video encapsulated in AVI containers might be problematic due to the strange and non standard way b-frames have to be stored. This is not an issue with MKV or MP4.

What you mean is called "packed bitstream" and if BVOPs (i.e. B frames) are not supported, this won't work either. Let's hope B frames work correctly, because they are used in almost every video. As for Qpel and GMC, they are not supported for sure, but nobody uses them anyway.

I'll gladly help with testing what works and what not, if you give me the libs or when it is included in this ROM. :)

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest jonmac73

my advice: try sio in performance>I/O scheduler, works for me.

Thanks for that - just changed to it & phone feels much snappier at lockscreen & launcher (Apex). There was noticeable lag before sometimes when unlocking and on launcher Will see how it goes.

Guest linomaniac

dear all, please help

previously i used CM9 by konsta, when i reflash to CM10, i everytime lose my IMEI, and baseband version is unknown

what to do?

thank you

Guest Mettafox

dear all, please help

previously i used CM9 by konsta, when i reflash to CM10, i everytime lose my IMEI, and baseband version is unknown

what to do?

thank you

How you lose your IMEI after flashing a rom?

It's impossible, the IMEI is at the low level software.

You do a TPT before flashing a rom?

Guest linomaniac

How you lose your IMEI after flashing a rom?

It's impossible, the IMEI is at the low level software.

You do a TPT before flashing a rom?

dear, imei lost is known bug/feature or what of android

as i said, i have CM9 by konsta, i go into recovery 6.xxxx, i make full wipes and reflash from cm10 zip, after boot everything is working

except gsm/cdma, because *#06# shows NO IMEI, so radio does not connects to BTS

why TPT? my phone was bought as GEN2, now it is GEN3, it's my wife's phone

Guest Sulthekk

IMEI can't be lost that easily, and this is NOT android bug.

It' because you are using a GEN3 device.

Either install the gen3 patch or revert to gen2 to use this rom.

Oh, by the way, it can only be GEN3 if you have ran a TPT at least once.

Also, TPT won't modify the IMEI.

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest linomaniac

IMEI can't be lost that easily, and this is NOT android bug.

It' because you are using a GEN3 device.

Either install ther gen3 patch or revert to gen2 to use this rom.

great news, can you PLEASE provide me link to that patch?