• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

BBC iPlayer on the N7?

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does BBC iPlayer work okay on the N7?

If so, would that be via the Play Store App or through Chrome? (or other browser)?

Posted · Report post

App wont install from market...incompatible device.

So for now it will be flash + alternate browser

Posted · Report post

Coming to MCR release Jr4 tomorrow!

Flash, stock JB browser = iPlayer... :) Silky smooth in fullscreen too...

P

iplayern7.jpg

Posted · Report post

Paul, what is the problem out of the box? is it Flash?

A pal of mine is getting a N7 and is unlikely to go down the rooting/rom route, so anyway of getting it to work for him on stock?

Ta.

Posted · Report post

Jr4 now online!

Out of the box - no flash, flash not visible in market, only preinstalled browser is Chrome.

He can manually install flash, another browser (Dolphin?) or the iPlayer app from APK and that'll probaby work...

P

Posted · Report post

Thanks Paul, i'm sure I can sort him that out. :-)

Posted · Report post

I can confirm that side loading both flash and the iplayer apks works perfectly. The app behaves like the phone version (proper app) instead of dumping you out to the website.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Didn't work for me. Flash is working in Firefox but iPlayer just throws me to the browser & says my phone is not supported.

Which apk for iPlayer did you use?

Edited by Spoke

Posted · Report post

Didn't work for me. Flash is working in Firefox but iPlayer just throws me to the browser & says my phone is not supported.

Which apk for iPlayer did you use?

Try the Auora build of firefox from their website, Iplayer works for me using that. Couldnt get it to work in the other browsers i tried or an iplayer apk i tried although maybe a different version of the iplayer apk might work, the version i tried just sent me to the web site and said my phone is not compatible.

I wasnt planning on rooting, but i think getting a more stable browser with flash plus a couple of other niggles mean i will do at some point.

Posted · Report post

Can someone provide a link to a working apk or which version I should be looking for??

Posted · Report post

Try the Auora build of firefox from their website, Iplayer works for me using that. Couldnt get it to work in the other browsers i tried or an iplayer apk i tried although maybe a different version of the iplayer apk might work, the version i tried just sent me to the web site and said my phone is not compatible.

I wasnt planning on rooting, but i think getting a more stable browser with flash plus a couple of other niggles mean i will do at some point.

Thanks - Aurora worked for me though it does seem to crash more than other browsers.

Posted · Report post

Spent 2 quid on myPlayerPro to stream free view channels and it works well with no flash for those who don't want to put it on. Not as good as iPlayer or 4od etc but gets you live TV if that's all you want.

Posted · Report post

Tried for a few hours to get iplayer to work on my nexus but no joy, i'm a newbie to the techspeak, sideload? jb browser?

not really sure how to get the iplayer apk when i am in the aurora firefox app so could some kind soul hold my hand and talk me through this

thanks

nick

Posted · Report post

Grab the APK from /data/app on your Android phone and install on the tablet. Ditto for the Flash player! :)

P

Posted · Report post

ok will give it a go - :wacko: thanks for that

Posted · Report post

no still stumped

which apk do i grab? the flash one? and which version

sorry for being slow but i have a very limited understanding of what i am doing - coincidentally that's true in many other areas of my life :(

Posted · Report post

Jr4 now online!

Out of the box - no flash, flash not visible in market, only preinstalled browser is Chrome.

He can manually install flash, another browser (Dolphin?) or the iPlayer app from APK and that'll probaby work...

P

I've done this..still have to clear the cache after each watched video, but other than that..working ok :) x

Posted · Report post

Is there a way of watching sideloaded BBC iplayer shows on the Nexus 7 without having to strip DRMs or convert the WMV into something else?

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

After changing my original Nexus 7, under warranty, I have resisted rooting this device for the meantime.

I have managed to sideload Flash and the iPlayer apk. As a secondary browser I am using Boat browser which supports flash along with the feature to always display Desktop sites within the settings.

I would have loved to install stock Google web browser but it seems root is needed for this.

Posted · Report post

BBC have released the BBC Media Player app, which saves time trying to get Flash working specifically for iPlayer >_>