• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How would I get the notification buttons?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Ive got B926 rooted with CWM9, but its a pain in the arse having to go into settings to turn mobile data on all the time, how do I get the buttons at the top? Could I just flash the vendor file that came with ICS with clockwork mod and if so how would I do that?

Posted

Move de UPDATE.APP in the vendor folder to the dload folder. Then flash it the same way you have flashed de ROM.

Posted

Sure, but that is a widget, it's less practical!

Posted

Move de UPDATE.APP in the vendor folder to the dload folder. Then flash it the same way you have flashed de ROM.

Wouldnt this completly re install ICS?

Posted

Tried what you said now my phone boots into CWM and says E:Invalid command argument ? What do I do now?

Posted (edited)

Sure, but that is a widget, it's less practical!

No, it has both widget and pull down notification options.

Edited by Hpez

Posted

Tried what you said now my phone boots into CWM and says E:Invalid command argument ? What do I do now?

You need to put the vendor folder into the dload folder so the update does both at once, not take the update.app from vendor and put in dload as above, as you said, this will perform an update again, which will as you know leave you in recovery as there is no rom to boot into now.

So again, dload on root of sd, now put vendor folder containing its file into dload folder, now update again and both will be done at once.

Posted

I did a factory reset via CWM and its booted up okay again, lost everything buts its done it...... and ive got the notification toggles lol :)

Cheers.... kinda... I did what i came here to do lol :)

Posted

Out of interest, would it be possible to use the vendor update.app from B927 with the B926 or Paul's Ir1 rom? I know B926 came with it's own but I had quite a lot of difficulty getting rid of the Chinese stuff.

Posted

What is has done though is installed all the chinese apps bloatware, ive still got root access, were are the files and are they safe to delete?

Posted

Ive got B926 rooted with CWM9, but its a pain in the arse having to go into settings to turn mobile data on all the time, how do I get the buttons at the top? Could I just flash the vendor file that came with ICS with clockwork mod and if so how would I do that?

hey, you dont need the buttons!

try this app from the store > notification toggle ;-)

Posted

You need to put the vendor folder into the dload folder so the update does both at once, not take the update.app from vendor and put in dload as above, as you said, this will perform an update again, which will as you know leave you in recovery as there is no rom to boot into now.

So again, dload on root of sd, now put vendor folder containing its file into dload folder, now update again and both will be done at once.

I didn't knew that! Thank you!