Official UK B892 - Gingerbread

Guest Tanner23

Guest doley

ok i did eventually get it to upload although i'm not sure what i did as i messed with the phone for quite a while

what i did was uninstall cwm then reverted to my origional back with all the vodafone addons then i uninstalled cwm and it went on 1st time sorry i haven't been more help

Guest babitzy

I tried to update to b892 after I removed cwr but it didn't work. When it verified the package it failed at Clearwidgets.apk or something like this. I wonder if I need to put the Vodafone bloatware back.

Guest Maximus9

It is only a patch update to B892 - not a full B892 ROM - and so it specifically requires Voda B885 as the base. Rooting is no problem. In fact if the phone is already rooted it will still be at the end of the update.

i was on the B888 based Gr2 and had to restore my old stock B885 backup and then remove CWM before I got the auto update to work. Then I backed up the new B892 (will look more closely later) and restored my working Gr2 with the firmware updates remaining in place (screen fix etc).

Sorry if it's old news, but what is the screen fix? I am on B888 and do not feel the need for a screen fix, but you never know.

Can confirm phone remained rooted after the update. No need for a backup either, this update will not cause any data loss.

Guest fr0do

The screen issue was present on a lot of g300s but wasn't major. There are 4 pixels cut off at the top of the screen. You can notice it with stock calendar and calculator. There's a thread about it.

I want to upgrade atomic B888 to this version. Can anyone suggest how? Thanks ;)

Edited by fr0do

Guest Hogweed

You need to do the update to get the screen alignment fix as it flashes new firmware. Installing B892 via CWM can't do that.

I restored my old backup of Voda stock B885 then restored stock recovery and then was able to complete the update, I backed this up and then restored my previous B888 based ROM with CWM (after restoring CWM).

So I am now back on a B888 based ROM but with the screen alignment issue still fixed.

Guest eLJay

I got the update when it was released in the afternoon. Seems good.

I would guess they will want a proper test and time to issue warnings

and write guides before releasing ICS as it's a much bigger step.

Guest kirilmanika

Befere a mounth I rooted my phone with Paul's method. I try to update to B892 but it's not working. Now I re-root my phone (again with Paul's method) but the same result. Here is the pic with error

post-853245-0-44959200-1342903009_thumb.

Guest Hogweed

The update checks that certain pre-installed by Vodafone apps are present. If you've removed Vodafone "bloat" it will fail if it expects something to be there and it isn't. Looks like it didn't find /system/app/documenttogo.odex as it expected to find it.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest jakub.plesinger

How did you install that Jakob?

Same way I previously install B888, from SD card

Unzip the package U8815 V100R001C02B892.zip

Copy the entire dload folder (with UPDATE.APP in it) to the root directory of the MICRO SD card.

Choose Settings->Storage->Software Upgrade->SD card Upgrade->Confirm->Upgrade to start the upgrade.

Guest pelago

Sorry if it's old news, but what is the screen fix? I am on B888 and do not feel the need for a screen fix, but you never know.

The screen issue is described in . It's only something you would notice in certain apps - ones that draw right to the edge of the screen like some terminal emulators/ssh apps. Not all users seem to have the issue, but those that do find it fixed in B892.

Guest Maximus9

Same way I previously install B888, from SD card

Unzip the package U8815 V100R001C02B892.zip

Copy the entire dload folder (with UPDATE.APP in it) to the root directory of the MICRO SD card.

Choose Settings->Storage->Software Upgrade->SD card Upgrade->Confirm->Upgrade to start the upgrade.

How come they published this but without the vendor.app file... I know the phone is cheap, but Huawei should get their act together.

Guest jakub.plesinger

Can you just use the Vendor file you used when you updated to B888?

Yes, but nothing happened. In log was update failed. :(

Guest dancg

can anyone tell me how to unroot or uninstal cwm step by step so i can install this update?

thanks

If I am not mistaken, you should be able to update using the official procedure even if you are rooted (and rooted will stay, as this is only an update). I don't know about the cwm though.

Guest oisin1001

When I go into Firmware Upgrade, I just get a "No updates are available." message. Only got the phone an hour ago, running stock B886. Would it be safe to update to the B892 rom on the Huawei website?