Cases

Guest cjb110

Guest cjb110

I've just received the AmazonBasics 7" case

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o02_s00_i00

It fits snuggly, but the corner strap and case lip does make pressing the power button fiddly.

If Amazon wanted they could easily make this a smart case with a magnet and it'd be perfect for it.

Pictures https://plus.google.com/photos/111486254043491108193/albums/5766525442392769937, one showing how the buttons are a little obscured.

Edited by cjb110

Guest Zarch1972

Anyone received any cases yet and can anyone recommend anything?

I'm finding the silver bezel all the way round a little uncomfortable with its sort of v-shape, so could do with something to cover. (why didn't they curve/smooth it off?)

Would love Incipio to make a 'feather' type skin for the back with a smart cover type front ala my iPad. :P

Guest cjb110

Having used mine in that Amazon case, I'd say its pretty 'ok', the way they've hinged it makes it quite a bit thicker though.

I'd like more of a shell case too, with a smart cover though, then it wouldn't matter if it obscured the power button.

Guest PaulOBrien

I don't like the 'feel' of the edge on my fingers when I hold it either, waiting for a nice case tho which doesn't add too much bulk.

P

Guest Gary kent

Just ordered this, will let you know what its like when it gets here.

I Like the look of that for transporting it around ie suitcase/Etc and watching films in bed

Guest ethicalstrategy

Not keen on any of those. They all look bulky. Some protection would be nice, although it fits very nicely in my back pocket while it's naked.

Guest Makkaxxxxx9

The reviews state that the magnets are in the wrong place for auto-sleep on that one. I've gone for a brown Luvtab one from ebay, is a couple of quid more than yours though.

Guest xXBooSHXx

casec.jpg

I bought this from CEX for £12, I've got it all up and running using my otg connector and using Splashtop HD all works really well.

Not much use for carrying Nexus around though as there is nothing to prevent it sliding out, but all right for protection around the home.

Very chunky with keyboard and Nexus 7.

Guest moveandfire

The reviews state that the magnets are in the wrong place for auto-sleep on that one. I've gone for a brown Luvtab one from ebay, is a couple of quid more than yours though.

I ordered one of these and it was missing the sleep sensor magnet altogether. The only magnets are for holding it closed.

It has been sent back and the supplier is sending out a second generation replacement, which by all accounts sorts out the above and is better fitting. Not got it yet so can't comment on the updated version.

Edited by moveandfire

Guest Paden

Hi all

Received a black Luvtab case from Amazon today, really impressed much better than I was expecting for the price.

Cheers, Paul

Guest chrisbarker

I ordered a few bits from Amazon for my Nexus 7 and received some of it today,

I ordered a fold out stand (pictured) and a set that included a silicone back (pictured), screen protector and deckchair style stand. I also have a neoprenecase on the way to slip that into and a USB OTG cable.

Loving my stand and case so far, left my other stand at home next to my computer so I always have one for travel and one for home. Been doing some writing in the pub with my HP Touchpad Bluetooth keyboard. :)

I will be attempting the hinge method to apply my screen protector later. Wish me luck.

Chris

post-986580-13434870220919_thumb.jpg

post-986580-13434870610008_thumb.jpg

Guest masterpfa

I liked the look of the Luv Tabs case most of all. Ordered a couple from from Amazon for my daughters and my own tablet and loving it.

I found that It doesn't add too much bulk to the tablet, plus the sleep facility in the cover a nice added bonus as well as the multiple position stand. The latter which I find comfortable as a handle when viewed in portrait mode.

I ordered a few bits from Amazon for my Nexus 7 and received some of it today,

I ordered a fold out stand (pictured) and a set that included a silicone back (pictured), screen protector and deckchair style stand. I also have a neoprenecase on the way to slip that into and a USB OTG cable.

Loving my stand and case so far, left my other stand at home next to my computer so I always have one for travel and one for home. Been doing some writing in the pub with my HP Touchpad Bluetooth keyboard. :)

Chris

I have also ordered most of these items too, Gel case with screen protector, fold out stand and USB OTG cable

Guest chrisbarker

I applied my screen protector using the hinge method and its worked out almost perfectly. Two spots of dust and both are off in the bezel area. No air pockets. Ecstatic,

As such I had no qualms in letting my young niece loose on it today to play Kinectimals and use the KungFu Panda App. :)

My OTG cable and slip case have now been shipped also, very happy. :)

Guest meddler

I initially went to a Carphone Warehouse to grab the £5 deal, which had sold out. So instead I plumped on http://goo.gl/lcnUj which was good but not great, awesome protection but a bit of a pain to open and close and the corner tabs got in the way of turning the device off. Got home and found a video review of http://goo.gl/oL06Z which I ordered.

Once received I found it to be exactly what I wanted (looks very similar to the LuvTabs cover a lot of you have mentioned). The SmartPower function works well and the reverse folds nicely to make a desk stand. Service was good (next day delivery as promised), but it seems to be out of stock at the moment.

Just my 2p

Guest comicbookguy

Hmm.. over £20 for something that only attaches with double sided tape... no thanks

My LuvTab case arrived today, and for £11 delivered its great. OK, so its not massively stable when standing upright, because of the spine fold in the middle of the bottom section, but the tablet is held in very firmly by a 3 1/2 inch long velcro strap on the bottom edge (which fixes very cleverly inside the case) and long partial straps on the other 3 sides which still give access to all ports and controls. The sleep magnet works very well too.

I only have 2, very minor, gripes:

1 is that the magnet that holds the case flap shut doesn't hold it open against the back of the case, too

2 is that the screen cutout is only the same size as the screen, and the material it's made from is about 2mm thick. Its thick enough to be slightly obstructive to using the nav bar buttons and the notification pulldown...

Edit: minor gripe 3: when you wrap the front flap of the case flat against the back, you can sometimes activate the sleep sensor.....

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Phil Lee

I'm using a Belkin zip case I got for my Kindle 3. The Nexus 7 fits in it perfectly. It means I can carry the Nexus 7 around safely but use it with no cover which is what I prefer doing.

Guest Zarch1972

Over 500 hits on eBay for uk-based "Nexus 7 Case" and over 1,000 if you included imported ones........... MINEFIELD

Where oh where is my Incipio feather back with attached simple 'Apple-esque' smart cover front..... no bulk, but classy....... too much to ask? :P

Edited by Zarch1972

Guest Shuflie

I ordered one of these and it was missing the sleep sensor magnet altogether. The only magnets are for holding it closed.

It has been sent back and the supplier is sending out a second generation replacement, which by all accounts sorts out the above and is better fitting. Not got it yet so can't comment on the updated version.

Case just came through, and for the money I'm pretty happy. I must have got the version two case as the magnets seem to work just fine, screen comes on when I open the case. As a stand its not great, the fold is a bit weak to trust to holding the N7 in landscape for video viewing, but as a case for protection and carrying around it does the job and doesn't feel overly cheap. The free stylus works well for draw something too, not put on the screen protector as I'm not a fan of them, and in the case it doesn't really need one.