Cases

Guest cjb110

Guest jabsys

I still haven't found a case I like, I really wanted to like the luvtab case but I felt it was too bulky & spoilt the feel of the n7, next to try is the asus case which is over twice the price :(

Guest comicbookguy

Is anybody else with a case that has a sleep magnet (mine's a LuvTab one) having occasional random locking problems when the cover flap is wrapped all the way around the back of the case? Scared the heck out of me the first couple of times it happened.... ;)

Guest Shuflie

Is anybody else with a case that has a sleep magnet (mine's a LuvTab one) having occasional random locking problems when the cover flap is wrapped all the way around the back of the case? Scared the heck out of me the first couple of times it happened.... ;)

No problems with the cheap one I got from Amazon, it seems to lock every time and the magnet is so small/weak it really needs to be on the front of the case to work properly. The only thing I think I would change is the amount of coverage at the edges, as the opening is the same size as the screen it makes it difficult to swipe in from the edge to scroll through tabs in chrome and to pull down the status bar.

I'm going with this. I like my devices naked with no added bulk.

Decided to cancel my slip case order and go with a zipper padded pouch I found in PoundLand for £1 !

The N7 slips about inside sure, but I have extra space for a cleaning cloth and to bundle earphones in there too.

Guest trishmac

I'd like a similar one to the one i have on my phone.'.barely there by casemate'..as i got the wee pouch from CPW recommended by Paul, for taking it out ^_^

lol sounds like my pet.. (it is) :blush: x

Guest Tai_Tony

Please look at my case. It is wonderful from China and just cost US$8.00.

http://www.5i01.cn/topicdetail.php?f=605&t=2880209&p=1

I've just received the AmazonBasics 7" case

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o02_s00_i00

It fits snuggly, but the corner strap and case lip does make pressing the power button fiddly.

If Amazon wanted they could easily make this a smart case with a magnet and it'd be perfect for it.

Pictures https://plus.google....525442392769937, one showing how the buttons are a little obscured.

Guest achim w.

Got the same one - no problem here (yet ^_^ )

Guest drewstiff

I tend to prefer to use mine naked (the Nexus 7 is naked, not me) but I still wanted a case to protect it when it's in a bag etc. I liked the idea of getting a keyboard for it as well (nearly bought one for my iPad on many occasions but never pulled the trigger).

I went with this - surprisingly high quality for the price, faux leather file-o-fax style case with detachable bluetooth keyboard for £22.59 inc free delivery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IVSO%C2%AE-Google-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Portfolio/dp/B008QBYQ6O/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

514K91CMnGL.jpg

Keyboard section is held to case with a magnet so just pulls away, the back has a kickstand so that you can stand it up on a table in the above pose when using it as a netbook. The light grey leather around the Nexus 7 is actually a dark grey, same as the rest of the case, on the one that I received.

Yes it's overkill if you will never use the keyboard and yes it's bulky but it provides plenty of cushioning in transit. Plus it stops being particularly bulky once you detach the keyboard and use it in a book position - no different to the official cases for the "Kindle Keyboard" in terms of thickness. As I said I tend to remove it from the case if I'm going to use the Nexus 7 for long periods anyway.

I'm tempted to connect a mouse and see what it's like playing games using Splashtop ;)

For £22.49 I highly recommend it if you are looking for something like this!

PS - No I don't work for Amazon; I'm just quite impressed with my purchase :D