Vodafone to launch ICS soon

Guest MiguelPereira

Guest MiguelPereira

Hi.

Good morning everyone!

Just found this:

"Huawei G300 updating to ICS after long test, says Vodafone".

So it appears that an official ICS from Vodafone is due soon... So we could then check the real differences! <_<

vodafone-huawei-testing.jpg

Edited by MiguelPereira

Guest Rico_89

My guess is 927 has been sent to vodafone where they've put it on Sumo wrestlers diet, filling it full of bloat and ware and when it's all fattened up they'll roll it out for the public.

You gotta have a giggle at vodocrap thinking they can make stock android better.lol

Personally I think the rom will be a pile of vodocrap and the only real use to us will be if it has openGL.

Edited by Guest

Guest MiguelPereira

I won't expect them to put Camcorder Settings with 800x480 or some type of 720p Video recording back on.... That's a major drawback on the B927!!!

Yesterday i attempted at modding media_profiles.xml ans the result was a G300 that wouldn't pass the Huawei Logo at boot! Newbie stuff LOL!

To me it is the only draw back on B927!

Edited by MiguelPereira

Guest rosco-85

yeah, i wonder if it will be the same B92* as already used before

They talk about adding this stuff to 'benefit their customers'. Surely it would be much more beneficial just to give their customers a nice clean ROM, which will be faster and smoother. Let the people who buy the phone decide what crap they want to put on it. Either that of make the Vodafone stuff a seperate update which can be flashed independantly from the core ROM.

Edited by rosco-85

I won't expect them to put Camcorder Settings with 800x480 or some type of 720p Video recording back on.... That's a major drawback on the B927!!!

Yesterday i attempted at modding media_profiles.xml ans the result was a G300 that wouldn't pass the Huawei Logo at boot! Newbie stuff LOL!

To me it is the only draw back on B927!

It will take more than media profiles.xml, I tried too, it booted but camera FC's.

Guest unaszplodrmann

You gotta have a giggle at vodocrap thinking they can make stock android better.lol

Personally I think the rom will be a pile of vodocrap and the only real use to us will be if it has openGL.

Totally. 'Corporate blogs' are, in themselves, a joke. Its clear that neither users nor reviewers look favourably upon vendor 'enhancements', yet they continue to add them purely for the sake of 'raising the brand profile'. As for hardware accelerated 2D OpenGL, I bet they don't have anyone in-house who is actually capble of adding it. Go on Vodafone; the source is right there on the Qualcomm site, let's see a real vendor enhancement!

Edited by unaszplodrmann