• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Antivirus/Security

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Which antivirus/security application(s) are we using on our U8815s/U8818s?

Also, are there any useful/fun root apps aside from the usual file explorers and ad blockers.

Running B927.

Posted · Report post

I've tried several av/security apps and have settled for avast! Mobile Security.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yep avast here too. It has a good ui and a lot of features, even a good firewall, and the root anti theft feature is just sick :D it puts files in system to stop avast being uninstalled etc.(something like that, cannot remember what it did but it sounded cool)

post-796032-0-01761600-1342624802_thumb.

post-796032-0-43361800-1342624810_thumb.

post-796032-0-08328300-1342624820_thumb.

post-796032-0-42857800-1342624834_thumb.

post-796032-0-87089400-1342624844_thumb.

Edited by jikobutsu

Posted · Report post

Yep avast here too. It has a good ui and a lot of features, even a good firewall, and the root anti theft feature is just sick :D it puts files in system to stop avast being uninstalled etc.(something like that, cannot remember what it did but it sounded cool)

How is the firewall feature different to a more established root firewall like DroidWall.

I currently use Sophos for Android.

Does Avast! have ads? And does it scan SD card data as well as apps?

Posted · Report post

I don't use any.

Posted · Report post

Does android need av?

Posted · Report post

It doesn't need it, its just there are a load of apps now on Google play that are malware and people don't want to get a virus. Also, if you loose your phone then most av apps have a missing phone section, which wipes your data

Posted · Report post

Lbe privacy blocks permissions on apps so I use it.

Posted · Report post

yup, LBE and Avast for me... and yeah I think I read somewhere that malware and viruses are on the increase with Android.

Posted · Report post

read article posted on zte blade forum yesterday about the increase in data mining and the sale of that data.

I am only linking this post and the article, post and contents are nothing to do with me. The comments expressed are the views of the. original poster and don't reflect my views or opinion and I am not party to any libel or legal proceedings that may or may not arise out of this article or post. I am linking it for educational purposes and I do not purport that anything in the post title or the article is true or carries any basic of truth for any Companies or. Corporations named therein.

Think I covered myself there