USB connection

Guest kohos

Guest kohos

Hey everyone,

before asking a question which obviously has been asked again I did an extensive google search.

Searched this forums too and the threads were about a year old so I'm desperate enough to hope that people found a solution for this in the meanwhile.

Basically connecting the phone to the PC will charge but does not give any USB connecting prompts neither on the PC nor on the phone.

The phone was never rooted before.

1&1 German Provider

Froyo 2.2.2. Stock

2.6.32.9-dirty Kernel

What I already tried:

- different USB cables

- LGUnitedMobile drivers ranging from 2.x.x up to 3.7.2

- different PCs running different operating systems and different USB ports

- the obvious USB tethering and mass storage settings available in stock Froyo

- the 1809#*990# menu

The phone was in use by my uncle and the only time he used USB at the PC, was 2 months ago and it worked.

I really doubt it's hardware failure anyway, considering that so many people seem to have this problem.

Really hope that one of you pros can help me out!

Guest kohos

Update:

when dialing the above mentioned 1809#*990# in the Port menu, switching from default AP USB to AP UART gives me life signs.

Windows pops up with 'USB Device not recognized'. I can also see the Unknown Device in the Device manager.

Would that be of any help? Does anyone know the install path of the LG Driver installer so I can relink it myself?

EDIT: Holy moly, I just got it to run.

After switching to AP UART I linked the Unknown device driver to lgusbdiag.inf located in C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/LG United Mobile Driver.

Suddenly it started installing it and is now recognized as: LGE Platform Android USB Device.

Edited by kohos

Guest kohos

Sorry for the monologue spam.

One last one. Once disconnected I lose USB again, I'm able to recreate the first steps though even in default AP USB mode by now.

The only thing I need USB for is for flashing a custom recovery but the only thing I don't have is ADB somehow : / Clockwork telling me: device not found.

Any help on this one?

usbinx8k.jpg

Guest Semesterlund

Have you tried it on any other computer? I have a similair problem on my laptop at work, however at home everything works as expected. Running Windows 7 64 bit on bothe pc's...

/Mattias

Guest arrediabo

Update:

when dialing the above mentioned 1809#*990# in the Port menu, switching from default AP USB to AP UART gives me life signs.

Windows pops up with 'USB Device not recognized'. I can also see the Unknown Device in the Device manager.

Would that be of any help? Does anyone know the install path of the LG Driver installer so I can relink it myself?

EDIT: Holy moly, I just got it to run.

After switching to AP UART I linked the Unknown device driver to lgusbdiag.inf located in C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/LG United Mobile Driver.

Suddenly it started installing it and is now recognized as: LGE Platform Android USB Device.

Lucky you, never got it to even show any sign of activity. ever. Maybe i will send it to warranty while I'm on vacations