How to get your IMEI back without 5irom folder

Guest Rostilj xD

Guest Rostilj xD

Hi all

I am lost my 5irom folder with my IMEI backup.. And my Imei was 0.Now I have my Imei back and I do this:

1. You must enter the engineering menu. Dial * # * # 2846579 # * # *

2. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Manufacture mode

3. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))

4. Exit the engineering menu and turn on USB debugging (settings/developer tools/usb debugging)

5. Restart the phone

6. On PC install the DFS Tool (http://cdmatool.com/Demo).Connect the phone and run DFS tool.

7. Go to Ports and double click on dbAdapter Reserved Interface.

8. Close the Ports window and click on SPC.In DFS log must write UNLOCKED DEVICE.

9. If this OK go to Programming and type your IMEI in right place. (you can read Imei from phone box)

10. Click write.

11. When all finish go to ports and disabe dbAdapter Reserved Interface.Unplug your phone.

12. Go to engineering menu again.

13. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Normal mode

14. Back to Background setting and go to OTP NV filter switch and click Confirm

15. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background close.

16. Restart Phone.

Thats all.. you now have YOUR IMEI!!! Dial *#06# for check.

Thanks to cicki for founding this tutorial and thanks to tutorial maker :)

YOU DO IT AT ONLY YOUR RISK!!!

Guest Gary_J_Wright

wow great news if it works.... but wary myself maybe someone with a missing imei might use this and confirm? if so maybe pin this

Guest osfree

Thanks for this.

At least there's a way to get back the lost IMEI #.

But found one problem: once I reflash stock rom, the IMEI becomes zero again.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

The disadvantage is, it must unfortunately be repeated after every ROM update

guess it makes it more suitable for lost imei only then

Guest irishpancake
wow great news if it works.... but wary myself maybe someone with a missing imei might use this and confirm? if so maybe pin this

OP.....1st line.....

guy lost his IMEI...

also followed this in another thread.

You would only do this if absolutely necessary.... :D

Stupid me has no IMEI on the phone and didn't make a backup. Following this tutorial but when it come to entering the password it says 0 (tried 0, 0000, 1111, 9999, 1234) is incorrect. Any one any ideas, or other suggestion on how I can get or set the IMEI.

I have no CWM backups.

All I did was install b927 over stock rooted and updated bootloader??!!

I do have a 5irom backup from another g300 but don't want to use this as may cause problem on O2.

• 2 months later...
Guest margityu

And Mr. Rostilj xD forgot to mention, after manually entering IMEI, your phone will be unlocked from the network.It is a free way to SIM UNLOCK your phone.When you manualy write your IME to phone with DSF Tool,instal toolbox5irom to Phone and make a backup of your IMEI again,that backup can be used later for swichin between roms.This tutorial is definitely deserved to be PINNED.This is how i unlocked my G300 from my contracted network,when you follow tutorial steb by step.Its working 100%.

Edited by margityu

• 4 months later...
Guest hippy dave

No it won't work on CM, has to be a stock rom. Nandroid backup and then flash a stock rom repack (eg. the B960 that is near the top of the forum currently)

It worked for me too, but serial number changed and the Wi-Fi MAC address changes every reboot to cc:bb:aa....

I also wrote in

If anyone has a solution to stop the changing please write.

Guest rexmedorum

GREATthis worked for me. I tried the same before but missed out step 14. I guess it's important :) Didn't even need to flash (as I'm on the latest stock rom already)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest sharkyo01

Please stop using this method. Or any method to erase or edit you IMEI after you remove it your from via zeroing it or changed it your phone will be permanently damaged.