How to get your IMEI back without 5irom folder

Guest Rostilj xD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mandgeo

Is there any way to rewrite the serial number of the phone?

My short story is...

I followed the tutorial on huaweig300.com to install slimbean. Everything worked fine, but i got random reboots, and from what i've read later it was from the hacked bootloader (i've hacked it not knowing there is an official way).

When i've got back to stock (to find the product id) i've got zero imei and 20F3A3E42E7E as my serial number (the one written on the back of my phone being different).

I've solved the IMEI problem, but the SN is still wrong and the bootloader unlock code Huawei gave me is not working (i've requested another code, but who knows if they will give me another one or if it will work).

So...what is the problem with this code? Can it be fixed?

Guest dalyer

When i've got back to stock (to find the product id) i've got zero imei and 20F3A3E42E7E as my serial number (the one written on the back of my phone being different).

The serial number on the sticker under the battery is not the same as the one in System Settings > About Phone > Status > Serial number.

The one on the sticker under the battery is the one needed when applying to Huawei for a bootloader unlock code.

Guest mandgeo

Hmmm...so...i've sent them my every details from the back of my phone, and the code they've sent me is not working. :(( For me, it seems normal that the serial number written on my phone to be the same as the one in About, but who knows... I'll check to another phone.

Thanks

Guest dalyer

Hmmm...so...i've sent them my every details from the back of my phone, and the code they've sent me is not working. :(

You are not the first - they sent the wrong code to a few others as well. Sometimes they even sent the network unlock code instead of the bootloader unlock code!

Send another email with the correct details, stick the word "urgent" in the subject and body and see what happens this time.

Some people had to try more than once to get the right code.

For me, it seems normal that the serial number written on my phone to be the same as the one in About, but who knows... I'll check to another phone.

Yes - that would be logical but it's just not the way it is! :D The two on my phone are definitely different. If you haven't seen it already this thread outlines the experience of some people in attempting to get bootloader unlock codes from Huawei:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362724-official-code-request-to-unlock-the-bootloader-final-post/

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

• 8 months later...
Guest ragezor

Hi everyone, I have 3 little doubts I hope you can help me with.

1- Do you have any idea if this method would work with the IMEI being different than zero? Mine is 00000000. Have anyone faced this?

2 -Is this valid for GSM and CDMA phones both? Mine's CDMA

3- I read you have to zero your IMEI to be able to go back to stock rom (I can't force UPDATE.APP), and I'm not sure if that's enough for me since I realized in Engineering menu that AMSS, OEMSBL and EFS versions are diferent from what they were originally. I'm on B196, phone came with 179.

I unlocked my bootloader following the official way.

And please, don't be afraid to answer, I'm desperate but no one ever answers. I'm aware of the risks but I'm willing to do anything needed to be done to fix it.

Thanks

Guest dalyer

Before you start messing with your IMEI (assuming you haven't done so already?) - because it is best avoided if at all possible - what is your problem and what are you trying to do?

Guest ragezor

First I installed MIUI. But then I let Shuame install a newer version of MIUI. That way I lost my signal, S/N, Mac Adress and IMEI. 

I then tried to install stock rom forcing update.app without success. Then, tryng to get back to stock rom has become my day and night as I'm aware it's needed before you can try fixing IMEI, S/N and Mac Adress.

Then I read getting your IMEI to be zero is sometimes needed to flash stock rom and apply some hack in order to fool bootloader and it let you install any update.app.

I read too many things but it's difficult to be sure since there's no specific known cases for my device.

Thanks, I really appreciate your reply.

Guest dalyer

What happened when you tried to force update stock ICS (B952?)? What errors?

If I was you I'd look for and try some of the "middle packages" before trying a forced update of stock ICS B952 again.

To be honest I'd do anything to avoid messing with the IMEI as it seems as if it can cause too many problems.

If you have already messed with it though then that's another matter...

I'm sure that there are others who know more about this stuff than I do though.

Guest ragezor

Ok, firstly, I'm on jellybean 4.1.2 and stock firmware the phone came with was B179. The error I get after force updating stock rom is this:

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xd2000000, len_tmp=0x4000

I haven't messed with my IMEI so far, I've just been struggling with my stock rom issue. I have succesfully flashed many roms, including 4.1.2, 4.2 and 4.4 based, and tried update.app with no success.

Thanks in advance,

PD: Tell me if there's any additional info that could help to clarify so I'd post it.

Edited by ragezor

Guest dalyer

I wonder if this might help?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362468-bluescreen-bricked/#entry2123140

There are also a few existing threads that mention the error that you're getting which might be worth searching for and reading.

One suggests zeroing the IMEI but I would only do that as a very last resort and would try to avoid it if at all possible.

Guest ragezor

Ok, I appreciate your recommendation. I was about to manually try rewriting my IMEI. I asked in the thread you recommended, how middle packages work. I haven't seen any for my device, so I would need to make/get one. or are they universal? I'll wait for reply before tryng.

Thanks again for helping me.

EDIT: I've just open the U8815 middle package with Huawei Update Extractor and by the way it seems it is used to remap/reflag/rearrange correct stock partition information right? How do I do one of these for my device?

And sorry, I'm just guessing :/

Edited by ragezor

Guest dalyer

I replied to your question in the other thread.

I don't think you need to create a middle package.

If it's going to work then one of the existing ones should help.

However there are several and I don't know which is best in your situation.

Have a read of some of the unbricking and middle package threads (I normally use Google and "modaco g300 <search term(s)>" to find stuff as it's better than the site's own search in my experience.

Only hack the IMEI as a last resort and ideally not at all...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest akdemir123

Huawei G301 IMEI  "0"

1. You must enter the engineering menu. Dial * # * # 2846579 # * # *

2. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Manufacture mode
3. Back to 
Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))
4. Exit the 
engineering menu and turn on USB debugging (settings/developer tools/usb debugging)
5. Restart the phone

6. On PC install the DFS Tool (http://cdmatool.com/Demo).Connect the phone and run DFS tool.

7. Go to Ports and double click on dbAdapter Reserved Interface. 

BUT ERROR :( HELP ME PLEASEW28mO4.png

Edited by akdemir123

• 1 year later...
Guest murtagh

Anyone upload 

On 10/19/2012 at 6:35 AM, djuroue said:

I have recently uploaded version which i used before, and it worked. Try it ...

http://www.4shared.com/rar/S5MxrUaa/DFS_4004.html

Anyone upload this version for me please? the link is dead

Edited by murtagh
mistake